UKPC Windscreen PCN - outside lines - Valley Park Croydon - already appealed/refused.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 16 January 2020 I parked in Valley Park Croydon run by UK Parking Control Ltd. parked in a disabled bay with a valid blue badge on display.

came back to my car within a few minutes to find I had a ticket on my windscreen. had no idea what the ticket was for as the print was so tiny and the ticket was soaking wet as it was raining very heavy. took a photo of my car where I was parked and drove home.

My son could not read what the ticket said either and he had to take a picture of it and zoom in before we could read that I was incorrectly parked .(my driver's side wheels were over the yellow line. was parked in the end bay of a whole row of disabled bays, was not taking up two bays or obstructing any other vehicles. The car park holds approx 1000 cars but the car park on this Thursday evening had all but 20 cars dotted about.

I appealed to Popla but as expected re comments on the internet I was not surprised when they wrote back rejecting the appeal stating signage in the car park  states the rules. I had already sent them proof via loads of photos that no signage was visible at all.  told them I was not willing to pay and to take me to court as UKPl are a bunch of cowboys. I had only just lost my husband a a few months before and explained I really could not handle anymore unnecessary stress

I have heard nothing at all for over 1 year and then I get a letter this week asking for £170 within 14 days.

Please can somebody point me in the right direction.

please complete the windscreen section of the following questionnaire, and scan up to one multipage PDF everything in/out inc the ticket and your appeals and their replies, etc etc the lot please

read our upload guide carefully and ENSURE you remove all ref/reg numbers and anything else that they can use to ID you being an anon user here.

then we can help you. 

Have you received a Parking Ticket? - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC Windscreen PCN - outside lines - Valley Park Croydon - already appealed/refused.

1 The date of infringement? 16/1/2020

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? Yes

Has there been a response? yes

Yes but rejected, no reason given.  Unable to find letter.  Was 14 months ago and not had

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) Believe so if this was initial charge letter

What date is on it? Unsure - no longer have letter. was about 10 days from initial windscreen notice

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Unable to remember

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] Not sure

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] yes

5 Who is the parking company? UK Parking Control LTD

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park. Valley Retail Park,Hesterman Way Croydon.

ticket.pdf

and all the comms in/out please .

On 17/04/2021 at 23:16, dx100uk said:

scan up to one multipage PDF everything in/out inc the ticket and your appeals and their replies, etc etc the lot please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I no longer have the ticket only a picture of the ticket already sent over to you. I distroyed all communication in February this year as I have heard absolutely nothing since the previous March 2020.

The only communication letter I now hold is the one I reviewed from Direct Collection Bailiffs Ltd dated 6th April.(notice of debt recovery) £170.00 unpaid parking charge.

Am so sorry I can't send what you are asking for. I thought that by taking a picture of the ticket (which I could hardly read) that I at least had a record of it.

dont move without informing UKPC 

await a letter of claim IF one ever comes.

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Was there also a reply pack wanting i&e details as well mentioning the pre action protocol??

and they

Then it's probably not a proper Letter Before Claim and can be ignored.  Just to be on the safe side, upload it so we can have a look.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

had to hide your post

please remove ALL ref numbers.

and rotate the scans too please...put them in ONE PDF only

read upload carefully.

dx

and they

Yes, it's come out fine.

It's not a proper Letter Before Claim, just a threatagram from DCBL.  Relax & ignore.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

oh god please no...

its a scamming parking company, nothing to lose sleep about....

you've been here since april and should have used the time to better to self help here and read up.

use our search top right of the red banner         ukpcs

and they

Microdot53, 

DCBL have a couple of company's

one is obviously their bailiff side where they frighten the living daylights out of people

another is their legal side and there is their third debt collecting side and it was the latter company that wrote to you.

They have less power than a dead cat. So no need to lose sleep over them. 

The legal side is a pretty useless bunch when it comes to going to Court - they are too greedy and ignorant to win most cases and the bailiff side are rarely called on as even if you lose in Court, unlikely in your case, then as long as the amount owed is paid within a month there will be no ccj involved nor bailiffs either. 

just for clarity:

a 'bailiff' can NEVER be involved in any debt until it has been to court and judgement attained

their two types of bailiff

county court bailiffs - the court must approve court bailiff use at a separate later hearing 

DCBL are NOT Court Bailiffs but High Court Enforcement Officers, they can NEVER be involved in any civil 'debt' CCJ if it's under £600

bailiffs have NO right of force entry upon civil debt

and they