Beware AUTO VELOCITA LIMITED John Michael Garbett, Tim Garbett used cars **Solved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..

you are right..

Our car was supposed to be delivered by last night, didn’t come..then we received a txt saying £4000 in our account..and yes it was deposited..

I called him and he agreed to refund the remaining £7650 to us by this morning so waiting now to see..??? 
Very odd..

Well that is good news to a certain extent. I'm very pleased for you.

Let's hope that the rest will follow but clearly they are a pretty dishonest outfit and have been needing you around by the nose and I'm sure that the anxiety and stress has been terrible.

Please keep us updated.

Also, I expect that you have learned various lessons here about protecting yourself against fraudsters.

And of course finally, you know that this forum is here to help you on any issue you have

yes we have learned a lot, it has been a hard lesson and stressful 

have not heard anything yet this morning so will wait until the morning has passed then get back in touch with Tim for a final time I think..then pass it on to the Police..

just don’t get it, he has plenty of cars for sale and much higher value than this one. Apart from last Wednesday night he has always answered our calls, why not just block us?? he has always given us false hope..

what a carry on..

will keep you all posted and many thanks again for your kind advice and support, it means a lot..

Just be aware that because he has paid you back some of the money, the police are far more likely now to say that it is not a theft and it is a civil matter.

Don't forget that the car is still yours even though you had the £4000 and you should insist to the police that it is your car and it has been stolen.

If you do not insist on this and insist on the fact that you own the car and that you continue to own the car, you are likely to find a great deal of resistance from the police

Just a thought..

the £4 K he sent last night was a ‘act of faith’ from his point of view to show us that he is not being fraudulent..!! So it’s not part of a refund..he told my son that he would deliver the car this morning when he sent that money over..

so very confused..if he brought the car he would have the £4 K back straight away.. has anyone ever seen a situation like this before..?

No it's completely new to us. I have no idea what's going on but I'm afraid that I shall still be very surprised if you get either your car all of your money back.

The only good thing is that he has lowered the amount of money to below the small claim threshold and although you would incur some very limited costs and your chances of a judgement are not good, you could now begin a County Court claim if you wanted without a huge amount of risk.

It's up to you if you want. We can help you. I'm afraid that your outlay would probably be about £350 or so which you would get back if you could enforce the judgement. You could also apply a percent statutory interest to this figure.

However you'd have to be aware that there is a high chance that although you would get judgement, you might find it difficult to enforce

surely we can still go down the Police route as we have paid for the car in full? The 4K in his words is not a refund as a few days ago he told my son that he would send some money over to show he was not a con and that when he delivered the car we could deposit it back to him..

His last txt last night was that the 4 K was to show he was not defrauding, no mention of a refund from him and he was going to deliver the car this morning..the car is ours as he has taken the full amount and kept our car..so technically he has not refunded a penny??

the car is not coming I think we know so going to call him one last time then back to the Police and leave it with them..

we will try and pursue him definitely through the small claims as started that process last week with a first letter .. maybe we won’t get our money back but he needs to be taken to account over this..

yes we would like your help very much as you have helped us so much since the beginning of this fiasco..

Maybe now is the time to tell him that you have reported the car is stolen and that you have a crime reference number and that you have an interview with the police later on today or tomorrow. Maybe you should also tell him that you know about his company and his shady partner

Take notes and make sure that they know about the people who are involved including the ex-solicitor and his partner in the financial fraud

Well..

I was transferred to West Midlands Police who say it’s civil as we made a contract, he has broken the contract and we will have to take him to court..I questioned why do they then have different laws to our local Police..they will not have it..Tim is based in their area and where we bought the car.

I have been in contact with our area Police who we spoke to yesterday..have been advised that they will pass it onto the PCSC to do some checks..

really confused..now the Police have seemed to have back tracked..

Tim has txt my son saying he won’t be coming today as I’ll in bed but will refund us... here we go again..

He is fraudulent and had surely got our money by deceptive means, contract or not??...

As predicted. I'm afraid that you need to insist that it's your car and that he is stealing it.

You're absolutely right – either he has obtained your money by deception or he has stolen your car.

I'm afraid that I think that you should push the police again

Yes we will try..will wait to see what the PCSC come back with? 

holding out no hope

I don’t know why having a ‘contract’ should make any difference, fraud/deception is exactly what it is..surely money this way is a crime??

I may even do a complaint against the Police..

Can you please confirm if the £4k was actually paid into your bank account, as this has not been established in your thread.

Be also aware that even if funds have been transferred to you, he could attempt to get this reversed by his bank.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Tim was supposed to deliver the car last night so we waited..

Then out of the blue he txt last night to say he could not come because he was suffering a anxiety attack so in his words he chose to deposit 4K into our account as a gesture to show he was honest and not trying to rip us off

he told my son earlier in the week that he may deposit a sum to our account with the above reason but would require it back when our car was delivered..

In his message last night he said he would deliver the car this morning but again it has not come..

he has acknowledged we have paid in full for the car, he has never denied this..so if we never get our car then what happens if it therefore goes on to get sold to someone else? 

The legal owner is the person who has paid for it so would he be committing a offence if he sells it on again?? it was still on the 3 sites for sale until yesterday evening and now it’s gone from the sites so where it is now is a mystery..

We keep offering to get it but he says we cannot..

this is getting complicated, blimey..

I am afraid that you are making it more complicated than it need be, you keep repeating what he has texted and we have no definitive chronology.

You have not answered my post #66 although I suspect that the £4k has NOT been paid into your bank account and he is merely stringing you along.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Oh sorry..

yes he had paid 4K into the account

this was in his words to show he was being genuine and would require it back when he brought the car

but to date he still has not delivered , no contact since..

I would tell him that you’re on your way to collect the car and are prepared to wait until he arrives. If says that you can’t, insist on knowing the reason.

Has he transferred the logbook into your name yet?

I think it’s time to stop the pleasantries and tell him exactly what your concerns are and if you don’t get the answer that you require, tell him that you’ve contacted the police and they will be meeting you at his premises.

Sometimes a bit of bluster can help!

For all you know he could be in the process of applying for bankruptcy and then you will have lost your money.

Hi..

we keep asking to pick it up but it’s always excuses..

he does not have a forecourt, he works from a address which is where he shows his cars to buyers. The address is on all the sites he advertises on..He says he cars are locked away somewhere else.

Police say it’s civil as we had a contract even though we have proof we have paid in full for our car, he just will not let it go! and no refund..we have completed a report for Action Fraud..

We don’t have the log book as he did not give it us as, but the law does state that the V5 is not proof of ownership and the person who paid for the car is the owner, which is us..he has never denied that he has had this money..

so I don’t know where our car is and what could happen if he tries to sell it on? it finally disappeared off his sites 2 days ago, 7 days after we bought it..

Nightmare...

Have you informed DVLA that your car is stolen?

• BankFodder changed the title to Beware AUTO VELOCITA LIMITED John Michael Garbett used cars

No can we do that?

If the Police won’t say it’s stolen what can DVLA do..?

where ever the car is it’s still not taxed so not on the road..

Tim is a bad man with a black soul..to take money off a very vulnerable person is the lowest of the low..we all have to work for our money..

Thanks for changing the title, tho I’m guessing Tim is the son perhaps of John Garbett? Tim is also trading from Henley in Arden..

If I can sue and since the ‘company’ is asking to be struck off can i attempt to go after Tim as he is the one who stole our money and gave us the ‘receipt’ off his email, no company logo just his name..

He cannot get away with this, I’m sure most traders are reputable..how can I show him up on social media?

thanks everyone 

In terms of the DVLA, I don't know whether you can do it – but what's to stop you trying and what is there to lose?

Do it.

If you have other addresses for these traders – including this guy Tim, then please will you publish them here and give us a link to any website or any Facebook pages or anything.

Let's get everything we can up so there is maximum exposure

• BankFodder changed the title to Beware AUTO VELOCITA LIMITED John Michael Garbett, Tim Garbett used cars

Oh ok I will do, anything to give them the negative exposure that they deserve..

I will have to get my lad to do it tho, I’m not good on technology and stuff like that!!

watch this space..appreciated as always