Beware AUTO VELOCITA LIMITED John Michael Garbett, Tim Garbett used cars **Solved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know, it seems so unreal but it is what has happened.

The seller has now called my son to say he is going to deliver the car on Monday 14th April after receiving a email I sent him yesterday after advice from the CAB

So no I don’t understand..he told us Wednesday that he would be delivering it on that day but didn’t and did not refund when he said he would..

Of course I want him to come and finally get this resolved but that remains to be seen I guess

Thank you all for your comments, I am new to forums as you may have guessed.

Please can you clarify the date on which this car apparently will now be delivered.

You are talking about April 14 – but the 14th is past and also last Monday was not 14th

Oh heck, sorry..my mistake 

He has now promised Monday 19th April..he was supposed to deliver it Wednesday 14th just gone..

He will not let me pick it up..I wouldn’t expect a seller to deliver a car usually? 

We will have to see, stay tuned..it would be great but I’m sceptical 

Give yourself a checklist – especially if the car is delivered after nightfall. Take pictures of the inside and out. Check the paperwork. Check the paperwork against registration.

Have you got anything in writing already which describes the car that you have bought and confirm that you have bought it?

ok I will do that..

all we have is the message he sent on his iCloud mail on his iPhone to say he received payment in full with the registration number

the only description we have is the advert itself which is still on numerous sites

funny tho in the email he sent me he said that he has received a deposit..! well no he had all the full amount in cash which he insisted on as that was the way he traded..

I pointed this out to him in my reply so awaiting a response as he had already acknowledged full payment in texts and in our phone recordings..

Dont know what he is playing at..

Make sure you print out all texts and save them somewhere else as well. Email them to yourself and keep copies.

I know it won't make you feel much better but but I have to say that to part with the kind of money that you did in the way that you did is pretty amazing

I agree, it was very stupid

it was a feel good day at the time as my husband felt better and it was only the second time he has been out of the bungalow for 6 months after being so ill

and the seller was so attentive all our common sense disappeared..I don’t think he will deliver the car and it will be another excuse

there is no way we will get our money back I don’t think, but there’s a lot more people worse off than us, that’s what keeps me going

thank you all for your advice, I really mean that

I understand that the most recent promise was that the car would be delivered to you yesterday.

Please could you bring us up to date. Did you receive the car? If so, is the car okay?

Hi all..no it did not come unfortunately. The ‘seller’ Tim emailed me with the date of delivery then he rang my son yesterday asking how we all are!! He then said we would be last on the list for delivery yesterday..

My husband called him and Tim told him to ‘stop stressing’!! The car was ready to be delivered and would be with us. We offered again to collect then he said it was in a lock up and couldn’t get to it..!! Eh???

Then he called my son at 6pm yesterday to say he could not come and he would deliver it today(Tuesday 20th) as no other jobs on and 100% guarantee..!!

We know it’s not coming..

I told my husband not to call him anymore as it’s making him feel really poorly which is not helping..

Oh dear we have been scammed..We found 2 reviews for Tim and his company from 2015 and one said he took his money and never received the car and the other said he ripped him off and that person had started court proceedings..

• Sad 1

I'm very sorry because it really looks as if you are about to lose a substantial amount of money and although you could certainly sue them and you would obtain a judgement, your chances of enforcing the judgement are slender.

When you went to visit the vehicle, what address did you go to? Or do you simply see it in the middle of a street? Did you get the registration number of the vehicle? Did you take any pictures?

Hi..

He is selling all his cars on eBay, gumtree and motors. We went to his address as advertised on the sites which is where he is ‘trading’ from and where he asks you to go to view. So it was off these sites that we saw his adverts.

His ‘receipt’ he sent us includes the reg number and I suppose it is proof that it is from him as his iCloud mail.

The as for ‘our’ car is still live, he has not removed it so it is still for sale..it shows the reg plate and it corresponds to the one he wrote on his ‘receipt’ to me.

Hoping Action Fraud may take action  either against the Company or Tim himself? We know our chances of getting the money back are nil..surely it is fraud and he should be done??

Not a good start to the year..

So you have a receipt for the car which identifies the amount of money you paid and the registration number.

You also have photographs of the car – which either you took yourself or you have obtained from the Internet.

The car belongs to you because you owned it at the moment that you paid for it – and therefore I think we can now consider that it has been stolen from you.

On that basis I think that you need to inform the police that your vehicle has been stolen - and that you know who the thief is. I don't know if there's any mechanism for informing DVLA that your car has been stolen but you should investigate that. Somebody will be along I expect to let us know if this is possible.

Please let us know what the police say. If they refuse to take any action then we will suggest some letters that you should write to the police and also to your local MP and the MP for the area complaining about police abrogation of their responsibility.

Hey thanks for your help and have contacted the police again..

They have changed their minds and now say because he has been stinging us along with false promises that they will do something..

Tim again called my son earlier and again has said that he will be delivering the car today!! We have informed the police and they have advised that we must give him until the end of today and if it still has not arrived then they will begin to take action as he is purposely out to deceive..

It will either be deception by fraud or theft..

He still has lots of cars for sale and he told us that he is expecting another 20 as he imports them, he has money so why feel the need to act in such a cruel way..

I will keep you posted and your help has been invaluable...

• Like 1

Did you get a crime reference number?

Do you know the name of the person you spoke with? Was it a police officer or was it simply some support staff?

I’ve been given a number that ends with a c..I didn’t get her name but she went and asked her Supervisor, the calls are recorded and she definitely said we had a case but to give him a last chance for today and see if is good to his word..then to call him and tell him that we can now report him to the police..

Because he has made so many promises to deliver and has not refunded on request then they will take action this time as he is out to deceive..

Funny today that our car has disappeared from his adverts so it’s gone somewhere..could he have sold it again?? but it wasn’t his to sell..and the police have stated that..

the plot thickens..a very expensive lesson we have learned from all this and how not to buy a car!

I will keep you all posted and so many thanks..

Well if you have got crime reference number that's a good start. You should be recording your calls and you should not rely on calls which are apparently recorded by others – especially not the police who will always be very reluctant to disclose any information even under a statutory request.

When you are on the phone to anybody you should make sure that if there is something you are not clear about you should ask them to repeat it so that you can make notes. Read our customer services guide.

The police are correct – as I have already pointed out – the car belongs to you and so if it is sold to somebody else then it is stolen. If it is not given to you then it is stolen.

You should always in all your dealings with anybody refer to the fact that your car has been stolen.

Ok certainly will do..

it’s a waiting game at the moment for Tim to call to say he’s coming..nothing so far

we are keeping an eye now on the tax on the car to see if it gets taxed today, if it goes it is definitely in the hands of another buyer..

will keep you all posted..

thank you all sooo much

• Thanks 1

update..

well I don’t know what’s going on..

Tim promised to deliver our car tonight, txt us at 20.00 to say he was on his way..

Then he’s just txt to say he’s not well and won’t be coming tonight..says he’s coming tomorrow!! and he has transferred £4000 into our account to show that he’s not trying to con us..?

ive called him and he has apologised and  I said that we should call it a day, forget the sale and requested the rest of the money back..

Tim has agreed, said that he cannot transfer anymore money tonight and would do tomorrow..

So will have to see, we are totally confused..is he up to something??

help...

Yea been outed on social media.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Paid by bacs wont work

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Paid by..cash, 

Dx

and they

Yea we paid cash but he has never declined that we have paid the full amount..so really do not understand

We keep offering to collect the car since he seems to be struggling to deliver it but he wont let us..

We are trusting people and it is a shame that this has happened 

also he has never blocked our calls so not the usual goings on which can happen.. you couldn’t make it up!!

Hey all thanks for all your comments and hope no one else falls for anything similar..very odd!!

keep us informed .

dx

and they