Beware AUTO VELOCITA LIMITED John Michael Garbett, Tim Garbett used cars **Solved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey no you have no reason to apologise at all..none at all..

at the end of the day we should not have come away without our car! I think if we were mentally in a better place after my husband’s illness we would have acted very differently..

my husband had been bed bound for 6 months and it was so wonderful to see him smile on that day as it was the perfect car for him to transfer without too much effort and discomfort..Tim could see that and took advantage..

I need to try and appreciate your assistance and what will be will be..

So once again make sure that you read up the steps involved taking a small cave in the county court. Also again have you consulted the trust registry to see if they have been any county court just runs against this company

Please can you contact Companies House and confirm that they have accepted your objection.

They may have told you this on the phone before – but their still doesn't show this.

Secondly, tell them that you are going to be issuing a County Court claim today and once the claim is issued, will they accept that as further evidence to support the objection and to further delay the strike off.

Please ask Companies House how long can the strike off be delayed.

Next, please can you follow the link to see the list of County Court fees.

You will notice that there are various tiers of claim fee.

To start the claim for a sum less than £300 it cost £25.
To start a claim for less than £1000 it costs £70.

In my view it will be more useful to start a claim for more than £600 because if you did get the judgement then you could instruct the High Court sheriffs to go in and that would be more likely to start ruffling feathers with the defendant.

However, don't forget that your risk factor increases in that the amount of money that you put into this claim – and therefore the amount of money that you are risking will increase.

As I already suggested, if you make a claim for more than £600 – but less than a thousand – then your total exposure could be £210 as far as I understand the current fees.

If you sue for £300, then your total exposure would only be about £70 or something. However you wouldn't be up to put the sheriffs in. He would have to rely on the County Court bailiff who are very limited in their powers of enforcement.

On top of the sums I've listed above by the way, if you got your judgements then you would have to add £66 if you are going to have enforcement by High Court sheriffs. You have would have to add £50 if you were going to have a smaller judgement enforced by bailiffs.

I would recommend that you go for the larger sum – but obviously this is something that you will have to decide. As I've already indicated, although you would get your judgement, it is most unlikely that you will be able to enforce it.
Also, if Companies House won't keep the company live for as long as it takes to get the judgement, then you will suddenly find that your defendant has evaporated and you will lose your money and not even have the satisfaction of having a judgement.
This is why you need to call Companies House and double check that they will delay the strike off on the basis of receiving a County Court claim from you.

You could also ask them that if they have accepted the objection, why doesn't it appear on their Companies House database

Hi everyone..just to let you know that miracles do happen..

Tim messaged this morning to say he will be bringing the car, did not believe it  for a second, then a few hours later he delivered it!! So we have our car..

We have returned his 4 K so that is that..we cannot believe it, Tim was very apologetic 

Please I want to thank everyone for their invaluable advice, you have been so helpful, you will never know..

I will be ringing around tomorrow to tell all those I reported this too and s as Lao thank them.

I know how lucky we have been and I have learned so much on how not to buy anything really..we will never do that again that’s for sure..

This was so unexpected and we have had a great outcome, it could have ended so differently..

Thanks again Consumeraction, you are amazing and there got people who really need you..keep up your brilliant work, thanks for being here x

• Like 3

I'm very pleased for you – I'm also surprised but pleasantly surprised.

I think it's a shame that you return the 4000. I think you could quite legitimately retained about £500. I think that they are extremely lucky that they are dealing with somebody who is prepared to act honourably. A stark contrast between you and them.

I would suggest that you take immediate steps to have the car checked over. This means that you should get a new MOT and also make sure that an independent garage looks at it completely and identifies any defects.
Do not take the car at face value

• BankFodder changed the title to Beware AUTO VELOCITA LIMITED John Michael Garbett, Tim Garbett used cars **Solved**

lets hope the car is not a pup.

should have got it looked over (which is your right within 14days) before you paid.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It’s a good car thankfully..it could have ended all so differently though so we are counting our blessings..we consider ourselves very lucky..

Again I thank everyone for your advice especially BankFodder, your knowledge and help was invaluable, you have made a huge difference..

I hope that I can stay now on this forum if you don’t mind..it’s a very interesting site and informative so I’m so glad I found you..

for now I wish everyone well and take care out there in consumer world! xx

Hi

Please do as advised and make sure and get the car inspected just to make sure there are no faults/issues that you may not be aware of since delivery of the car especially after all you have went through with this company.

You are more than welcome to stay and have a good look around the forum and you may even be able to offer your advice from your experience to anyone else that may be in the same position.

I am glad CAG was able to assist you through this experience just remember we cover many consumer areas and you could also assist us by letting others know that CAG is here and our help is all free.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That’s very kind and yes I will certainly recommend you to anyone!!

if I can be of help to anyone I would be pleased to assist..I have learned the hard way but been lucky..I hope if anybody reads my story hopefully it will make people think and do their homework like I should have done..better to be safe

Great forum..you saved me!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have followed this thread with deep sadness, but I am now delighted at the aparent outcome.

Ellie,

I have absolutely no connection with the CAG but once the car has proven itself satisfactory in use and you have a V5C 'log book' in your name, may I suggest a donation to CAG to help this valuable resource continue being available to us all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony P said:

I have followed this thread with deep sadness, but I am now delighted at the aparent outcome.

Ellie,

I have absolutely no connection with the CAG but once the car has proven itself satisfactory in use and you have a V5C 'log book' in your name, may I suggest a donation to CAG to help this valuable resource continue being available to us all.

Your 10% commission will be in the post – as agreed!

^^^^^^^^^

a joke!

Hey I received an email earlier off Companies House to say that they have accepted my challenge to halt the voluntary strike off  of the Company for 6 months..!

Goes to show that all your advice would have certainly paid off, how good are you!!!

You certainly know your stuff, no doubt about it🤩..

Get the car checked out fast before doing anything