Left Primark with unpaid goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening

I had got a fair few items and had popped them all into my bag for life (I didn't pick up a basket)whilst continuing to look around the store. I had to leave the store to get some cash so asked the security to kindly watch my bags whilst I did so and he agreed.

On returning  I continued to look around. I did receive a call from a family member who informed me my young child was having a seizure which is very distressing so I headed to the till where I paid for the item in my hand. I then left the shop in a rush as I had received another call to say my child was going downhill and an ambulance had been called.

I quickly left the shop and was stopped by security. There was alot going on as I had my husband on the phone and the ambulance whilst my baby was crying etc.

I didn't really hear what he was trying to say as I was in shock about my child, he asked me to go back in, I insisted he took the bag back and if he could keep it to one side and I would return to pay. 

As I'm sure you can understand this was a very distressing situation for myself having a young baby and a toddler who was having a severe seizure, so my head was all over the place and getting to the hospital was my number one priority as I'm sure you'll appreciate.

I have now just had the opportunity to sit and breathe and felt the need to contact the store to explain my circumstances as I feel it may have been misconstrued and I didn't have the chance or means to explain at the time. I have tried calling the store directly multiple times but have been unable to get through. 

I completely understand that the security guard was doing his job but I am now filled with worry and anxiety that he thought I was shoplifting and cannot stop worrying that the police may come to my home. I am a mother of two and a new born baby, a military wife and a teacher in a local school and the last thing on my agenda would be to steal from any shop. I fully support Primark and am a regular loyal customer. 

I am now sick with worry regarding this misunderstanding and honest mistake on top of a poorly child in hospital He literally handed me the item I had paid for and then I rushed to my car in the shopping centres car park.

They have none of my details but I'm extremely anxious the police will track my car to my home.

You have nothing to worry about. I'm quite sure that they are so busy dealing with their customers and with Covid et cetera as well as all the security problems – that if they don't have your details, they won't go to any further trouble to obtain them.

If you want really to cover yourself in full transparency then you could write them a letter and explain very carefully what happened and that you are sorry if you've caused any trouble.
That way you would at least have a paper trail to establish your bona fides in the matter and you might feel calmer after that. However if you did decide to do that then I don't think I would talk to them about the fact that you are a military wife or a teacher et cetera. I would give them minimal details other than the facts of what actually happened.

Also it seems to me that they haven't lost anything. They don't have your details and obviously they let you go and it seems to me that they may well have accepted what was happening because otherwise I'm fairly certain they would have tried to stop you.

You are best off forgetting it.

I'm sure it must have been a very stressful moment. I hope that your child is okay

Bless you thank you so much .

I don't think they really had a clue what was going on I just feel sick that they may think I was a shoplifter as I put the things in my bag rather than a basket

....it was a substantial amount of goods so surely they wouldn't think I'd be that thoughtless or blatant about it. I'm just petrified that the police will come knocking for a genuine misunderstanding :(

The police will not ever be involved

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1000% ...numerous like primark threads here.

pers i'd simply forget it ever happened...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

11 hours ago, BankFodder said:

You have nothing to worry about. I'm quite sure that they are so busy dealing with their customers and with Covid et cetera as well as all the security problems – that if they don't have your details, they won't go to any further trouble to obtain them.

If you want really to cover yourself in full transparency then you could write them a letter and explain very carefully what happened and that you are sorry if you've caused any trouble.
That way you would at least have a paper trail to establish your bona fides in the matter and you might feel calmer after that. However if you did decide to do that then I don't think I would talk to them about the fact that you are a military wife or a teacher et cetera. I would give them minimal details other than the facts of what actually happened.

Angry it seems to me that they haven't lost anything. They don't have your details and obviously they let you go and it seems to me that they may well have accepted what was happening because otherwise I'm fairly certain they would have tried to stop you.

You are best off forgetting it.

I'm sure it must have been a very stressful moment. I hope that your child is okay

5 hours ago, dx100uk said:

The police will not ever be involved

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

1000% ...numerous like primark threads here.

pers i'd simply forget it ever happened...

Oh wow this has put my mind at ease so much I was so worried the police would track and hunt me down 🙈😂😂