DORSET CAR DEALERS LTD cancelled debit card refund and kept car.***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to buy a used car from a small dealer, I took a family member for help. The car had numerous obvious faults not listed in the description. It test drove ok so decided I to buy it regardless using a visa debit card fpr approx £2000).

As soon as i started car after purchasing it blew lots of smoke and stalled outside the dealer multiple times. I asked for a refund because it wasn't fit for purpose, they complied, I have the receipt.

The next day said family member left a fair review detailing the positive negatives of the transaction. Dealer took exception to the review became abusive and somehow cancelled the pending refund (didn't know this was possible).

Current situation, no car and no refund. Police have been contacted.

What's the best way to go about getting the money back? Legal action via small claims court or attempt a chargeback?

Thanks for your help, its appreciated :-)

Edited by dexter2021

names and shame and go do a chargeback.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

so you are sorted?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Andyorch changed the title to Dealer cancelled debit card refund and kept car.

Hi

DORSET CAR DEALERS LTD
204 Barrack Road
Christchurch
Dorset
United Kingdom
BH23 2BQ

Company Number: 11833369

Company Status: Active

Director: Nicholas James Fox

Companies House link: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11833369

Also have a good look at their website link you provided as they are signed up to the AA Dealership Promise by The AA from that website
so you are more than entitled to contact the AA and inform them of your experience as The AA Promise for Dealerships using there Logo Promises the following from the AA website:

https://www.theaa.com/cars/dealer-promise

Some how I don't think you got the AA's Commandments of Gold Standard customr service from your Topic although you may have eventually got your refund but could you please confirm that the refund is actually in your Bank Account for us?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • BankFodder changed the title to DORSET CAR DEALERS LTD cancelled debit card refund and kept car.

Hi

That's good news that your money is back in your Bank Account from this dealer.

Please keep us updated on what the AA say about the Dealer Promise Commandments and this Dealership.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• Andyorch changed the title to DORSET CAR DEALERS LTD cancelled debit card refund and kept car.***Resolved***