Letter from DWP - Fraud or genuine? - *** Resolved *** 'Or so I thought!' Here we go again....

khemist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• honeybee13 changed the title to Letter from DWP - Fraud or genuine? - ** RESOLVED **

:cheer2:

funny how all these mystical debts disappear once you put them to strict proof.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes left hand often doesn't see what the right hand has done

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• AndyOrch changed the title to Letter from DWP - Fraud or genuine? - *** Resolved ***
  • 11 months later...

Good Morning all, this has become a definite thorn in my eye!

For the background info I have used the original title for reference.

So originally I received a letter from the DWP, I was not sure if it was real or a scam, I came here and posted, I gained lots of info and advice, I followed guides, wrote letters, sent recorded delivery, SAR etc. etc.

Facts; The SAR showed there is no overpayment anywhere, I called the various departments still no justification of where this apparent overpayment came from, I received a letter to say it was cancelled, all good I thought...

Then, at the end of last year, my employer sends me a letter from the DWP, DEA has arrived and must be adhered to!

The amount in question is/was £200 approx, my employer without asking me, put the whole amount through on my next wages, at this stage, I am angry but none the less, I will send some more letters.

I sent another letter to the same named manager at the collections for HMRC and stated, 'why have you taken this money, without proof of me actually owing this, albeit I have proved it?' He wrote back back and said it was cancelled due to covid and I must pay it, albeit I stated in the letter 'YOU HAVE TAKEN IT OUT'.

Time has gone by, I have been busy and  have not challenged them for my refund of this payment, only to get another letter yesterday, stating 'they cannot get hold of my employer and other measures are being taken to recover this money.....'

In my original post of this a year ago, my point was, if it were £2000 and its incorrect, is this the process, just take it all and leave someone in trouble, you guys pointed me to the guide which states how much an employer should take, this was never adhered too either, This is almost gangster like in my opinion and leaves a distasteful note in my mouth and quite frankly has me beat as to what to do.

So is this how it goes? If every month they send me this letter saying overpayment with no justification for any amount and they can just keep using the DEA, EVEN THOUGH IT IS INCORRECT, I DID NOT OWE THIS MONEY ANYWAY, I PROVED IT, THEY STILL TOOK IT AND THEY STILL ARE TRYING TO RECOVER THE SAME AMOUNT WHILST ESCALATING IT TOO COLLECTION AGENCIES!

What do I do now?

Help much appreciated

Hi.

I've merged your old and new threads. The previous one was automatically closed because nothing was posted on it for a while, but for future reference you can report an old thread and ask the team to reopen it so that updates can be added.

People should be along over the course of the day to advise.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Time four you to raise an official complaint with HMRC about this and if they don't respond to your satisfaction, take it up with your local MP.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-hmrc

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Unclebulgaria67

I guess I will just have to suffer it until I get a definitive answer from someone within our government!

I do so hope this is not happening to anyone else for much larger amounts as this can and possibly will become exhausting and crippling to the pocket without recourse...

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Surprise surprise.... Any one see Rip off Britain on TV now?

Hundreds have had the same issues I feared when I first posted, thousands have been taken from many in exactly the same way as me.

It apparently is a fraud situation they know about and are apparently looking into it.

I shall get my money back, I will make damn sure of that!

• Like 1