ParcelHero - UPS Weight Adjustment Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a parcel to Australia from the UK through Parcelhero - the carrier being UPS. I deliberately measured the dimensions and weight 3 times to be sure and booked collection / delivery. 2ish weeks after it arrived in Australia I got an email from Parcelhero saying there was an additional weight charge of £3.39 - no details on there of weight etc. I queried this and they said they would look into it. I then received another invoice for £13.98 saying the parcel was 3.5kgs over the 4.2kgs I had declared. I requested photographic evidence from UPS confirming the weight they are claiming.  I again queried it and have now received a third email asking me to ignore the previous email as the audited weight was incorrect. They are now saying the billed weight was 5kgs and the audited weight was 5kgs. I don’t understand if it was an additional 5kgs or has evened itself out. I have yet to receive a third invoice. I have again asked for evidence as the numbers they are quoting keep changing. I can’t appeal as the box has long gone and I took no photos of the parcel on my scales as I’ve never had this issue before. I did register with UPS on their website to track the progress of the parcel and there is nothing on there about the parcel being ‘over weight’. What can I do? Am I right to ask for evidence as it seems this is a common occurrence with people using ParcelHero.

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

I sent a parcel to Australia from the UK through Parcelhero - the carrier being UPS.

I deliberately measured the dimensions and weight 3 times to be sure and booked collection / delivery.

2ish weeks after it arrived in Australia I got an email from Parcelhero saying there was an additional weight charge of £3.39 - no details on there of weight etc.

I queried this and they said they would look into it.

I then received another invoice for £13.98 saying the parcel was 3.5kgs over the 4.2kgs I had declared.

I requested photographic evidence from UPS confirming the weight they are claiming.  

I again queried it and have now received a third email asking me to ignore the previous email as the audited weight was incorrect.

They are now saying the billed weight was 5kgs and the audited weight was 5kgs.

I don’t understand if it was an additional 5kgs or has evened itself out. I have yet to receive a third invoice. I have again asked for evidence as the numbers they are quoting keep changing.

I can’t appeal as the box has long gone and I took no photos of the parcel on my scales as I’ve never had this issue before.

I did register with UPS on their website to track the progress of the parcel and there is nothing on there about the parcel being ‘over weight’.

What can I do?

Am I right to ask for evidence as it seems this is a common occurrence with people using ParcelHero.

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

not alot they can do to you if you don't pay it...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hope you will notice that I've restructured your post to introduce some proper spacing et cetera so that it is readable even on a small screen.

You've missed out a couple of fairly important details such as where is the item, what is it and what is its value?

The item is in Australia having been delivered to family. It’s been opened with packaging thrown away. It was only a few gifts - t-shirts, dvd box set and lots of sweets. The value was about £85 in total. 

Edited by ConfusedLondon

had 3 of these in recent months from various carriers asking for excess weight fees or import tax fees.

simply ignore them.

there is stuff and all they can do.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So the problem is not that it has been lost or withheld from delivery subject to payment of an extra charge, it is that despite the fact that it has been delivered they have now come back to you and asked you for extra money for the delivery. This correct?

In that case, as my site team colleague above has recommended – simply ignore it.

If the problem is more complicated than that then please let us know

scary letters from Control Account Plus next 

then even more scary letters from a DCA

a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF 

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what is type.

dx

and they