Cracked bike frame plus other problems

stu3y85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a High spec mountain bike in January from a bike shop for £5600, Not long after buying the bike I had an issue where the chain stuck to the crain ring and wraped its self around the chain stay causing abit of damage, i later found out this was a common issue and the manufacturers were sending out replament chain rings under warrantee (stll haven't received mine yet) 

I then seen on a owners page that alot of people are having problems with the carbon fiber frames cracking, i thought i best check mine and sure enough mines started to crack also!  people are been told up to 7 months wait for replacements, although i cant see what good a replacement will be when its likely it will just crack again.

with these common problems happening and the fact ive had the bike 4 months, where do i stand with it? i have alot of riding trips planned in the coming weeks when restrictions lift so this is terrible timing and i certainly not prepared to hand the bike over for 7 months!! 

can I / Do I request a full refund and look in to buying a different brand or just follow the repair/replace broken parts process and hope its quicker than 7 months and dosent crack again even thought it seems a common fault? havent contacted the manufacturer or the bike store about the cracks just yet as I want to know where i stand and what my rights are before hand   Thanks 

the lucky part is you are within 6mts so don't have to prove anything by a report which could be costly.

the retailer has one chance to repair the bike. should that fail you can demand a refund.

as it stands because you are outside of your 30 days short term right to reject , they hold the cards regarding what happens refund,repair,replace.

forget warranties and guarantees, they are worthless and do not remove nor replace your rights under CRA 2015

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Still waiting to hear the name of the bike store – and also the make and model of the bike

Cripes my MB is 15 years old and I batter the hell out of it most days. Sure bits need replacing occasionally, but no bike should fall apart that quickly. All of the above, but there is always the option of hitting them hard on Social media if they don’t repair or refund.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread