B&Q Grimsby charged my card 4 times!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully someone can help me here!

6 days ago, B&Q charged me twice for a bbq I purchased on their website at £213 each transaction. I contacted them and was told this would be passed on and I would receive my money back. The next day I went to collect my order and I purchased another 2 items, when I got to the car I noticed that I had been charged twice again! So I went into the store to speak to a manager who was extremely rude to me (at this point I started recording) he told me he doesn’t want to talk to me and that he would get someone else to deal with me.

As he walked away he shouted at me in the middle of the store that I am “nasty” I am a “nasty person” when the next manager who overheard what was going on came over and apologised for the other persons behaviour. He went to check my transaction but said his computer was down, he took my number and said he would call me back.

The next day (good Friday) I got a notification from my banking, when I looked I had now been charged a third time for the items I purchased in store! At this point I just broke down crying, it seems B&Q can just take what they want out of my bank and I can’t stop them but also that they can talk to me any way they want when I want to confront them about it.

My bank has been great and they have given me the money back but have also warned me that I could have the money taken again but that they would contact MasterCard on my behalf and fight to get my money back.

How can this even happen...I wasn’t even in store on the good Friday that they took the third payment!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is this your debit card or credit card......and which branch...we may as well give them a bit of exposure .

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

9 hours ago, Andyorch said:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is this your debit card or credit card......and which branch...we may as well give them a bit of exposure .

Andy

Hi Andy,

It was on my debit card and it was the Grimsby store.

Regards

mandy

Are they showing as “transactions that have gone through” or as “pending”?

Good that your bank has refunded them (likely then that they weren’t “pending”, or, if they were, that your bank can see it has gone badly wrong, and credited you so your balance available isn’t affected rather than waiting until the “pending” authorisation gets released!)

4 hours ago, BazzaS said:

Are they showing as “transactions that have gone through” or as “pending”?

Good that your bank has refunded them (likely then that they weren’t “pending”, or, if they were, that your bank can see it has gone badly wrong, and credited you so your balance available isn’t affected rather than waiting until the “pending” authorisation gets released!)

I’m not sure to be honest, but the bank said that they have until the 9th to resolve it...nothing has gone back into the account as yet.

regards

mandy

• Andyorch changed the title to B&Q Grimsby charged my card 4 times!