I need Help with many tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help to figure out where I stand with all these Parking tickets that I have racked up. I am just about to seek legal advise when a friend advised me to come on this site and ASK FOR HELP.

2 years ago, I was extremely slack on paying parking tickets. I was driving with a non UK licence and All of the cars I was driving were rentals. A few months ago, the council where most of the fines were racked up transfered some of my fines to the bailiffs and I started to pay the inflatted bailiff's prices for each of these fines. Once I had paid off most of the "Bailiffed" fines, I made arrangements with the council to pay a set amount per month. I am trying to come to a settlement agreement with the council but they are adamant that they are not willing to reduce my fines in anyway. I have already paid £1000's towards these fines and don't really know where to turn.

I have come to an agreement with them 1 month ago and have sent them payments for the next 3 month in fear that they will send the remaining to Bailiffs again. I have however, refused to sign a payment agreement that states that I will pay every fine in full. They are now advising me that within 7 days, if I don't sign the agreement (even after I have sent them the first 3 months worth of payments) that they will send the remaining fines to the Bailiffs which would add thousands of pound to the huge amount I already owe and have paid off.

1- How can I claim the Inflated Bailiff charges I have paid

2- each fine has increased to £150 each when the original amount was £50...

3- has anyone every been in this situation? what did you do? how did it go and where did you start?

I desparetly need advice, can anyone help?:? :evil:

Jon D

thats a poor answer

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Here's some advice......

Don't park where you shouldn't and pay up if you're caught.

I think the OP may have possibly realised that by now. Sarcasm alert.

I also think that the above was very unnecessary. A lot of people on this forum have had trouble with bailiffs and their extortionate and unlawful charges. Fair enough, the OP should have paid, and still should pay, the parking fines (as long as the tickets were valid in the first place), but there is no way that it costs bailiffs hundreds of pounds to nip round and loom in your doorway, or fire off an illegible and badly photocopied letter threatening bankruptcy (which they can't), prison (which they can't), or a visit from the boys (which they CERTAINLY can't).

That is why I am contending that smugness doesn't suit you.

Tallyhat, you may wish to start a thread in the bailiff forum detailing each company and how much they have charged you for what. I'm sorry your first post was answered with such rudeness. As long as you are willing to pay what you actually owe, and are not simply dodging a fine, people on this site will be willing to help if they can.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)