52JM Failing to Comply with a Prohibition AUBERT PARK N5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently received a 52JM Penalty Charge Notice on Aubert Park. I have family who live on Highbury Hill and have driven to this area many times so know the surrounding roads pretty well.

This is new signage as it has replaced the Priority Over Oncoming Vehicles sign.  

There was no advanced warning of this change or sign ahead

- I'm wondering if there is any way I can challenge this PCN please?   

Due to Covid, I haven't been in the area for quite a while so surely there should be some advance warning...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, did you successfully appeal this?! Have just received an identical one, had no idea you could no longer drive up Aubert Park, and didn't notice signs had changed!

Edited by bristol83
spelling

please also create your own topic please

hit topic in the top red banner

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I am still waiting on the outcome of my appeal. I will give them a call on Monday to see what is going on!

I actually went back to the area and walked around taking further photographs to support the confusion the road signage may cause drivers. Whilst there, I saw a Tesco Van enter the road and then look around baffled, not sure whether he could proceed, then make a U-turn. 

I will keep you updated!   Good luck with your appeals!

• Like 1

Hi I have also had the same -  but got 2 PCNs within a minute on the same camera  -  also a local and have a house off Aubert Park!!! had not noticed the change of signs!!! Any progress on this -  it seems like a pure money making scheme by the council as well as fundamentally trying to stop people even driving to their homes! routing traffic on to the main highways is one thing but preventing residents from driving their own streets is quite another!

please create your own topic by hitting create in the top red banner

and they

@Amodoo if you have a similar story, please will you post it up on a new thread.

It helps to avoid confusion and you will get a much better level of support.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Lula94xxx said:

I got one today but it is from back in March?! 
did anyone get anywhere with their appeal? In the image I am driving away from the signs so not 100% that they were visible to me?

Hello Lula, welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread please and then we can advise you. This thread is for italianpink's parking issues.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just an update...I have finally received the outcome of my fine I received in March.  They have rejected my appeal so not good news.  I am thinking to appeal to the Environment and Traffic Adjudicators.  I can see from this thread alone that so many people have received penalty charges in this area as many changes have been made to street layouts, signage etc during this lockdown. 

I was actually in the area again this week and I was going round in circles as so many roads were no access - even Apple Maps was telling me to go down a no access street.  It's ridiculous. 

I hope you all manage to have better luck.  I will let you know the outcome should I decide to make the effort to appeal again...