CDER Enforcement Agent chasing Dart charge for vehicle never owned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I really hope somebody can offer advice for this problem.

In January , out of the blue, I received two Notices of Enforcement for unpaid Dart Penalty Charge Notices - for what looks like a return trip across the Dartford Crossing on 17th April 2020. I hadn't received the original charge notices because the vehicle - I think a van - reg GR07ZXG , doesn't belong to me , I have never seen it, driven it or been it"s registered keeper and I haven't driven across the Dartford Crossing in the past five years!

I emailed CDER and told them this and they replied that I had to get proof from the DVLA that I had never been the vehicle's registered keeper. So i wrote to the DVLA and , after two months, last week had a reply confirming that this vehicle was not registered to me at my address in Brighton - but had been registered by somebody with an identical name at a different address.

I have an unusual christian and surname so this is slightly weird. They have asked for any other addresses I have lived at in the last 5 years - to compare with the V5C application - which I have supplied. But their reply could take some time.

Last Thursday I had a visit from a Bailiff -fortunately I wasn't in but he left   'A Notice of Intention to take Control of your Goods.'

This is all very scary and intimidating - I'm 69 and very law abiding and really angry that Highways England/CDER appear to have scanned the country for anybody with my name and just randomly hit on me. And then it's my problem to have to refute the charge or pay what is now over 600 pounds|

I've emailed CDER with the reply from the DVLA but don't know if that will be enough to reign the Bailiff dogs in.

Grateful for any advice.

Should I call this Bailiff and explain the situation?

Is there any other avenue of appeal with Highways England?

Is there any form of words i should use?

Should I call and speak to CDER as well?

Does the Bailiff have any right of entry? 

Many, many thanks for any help.

Hi Palmeras and welcome to CAG.

I've added better spacing to your post - the easier it is to read, the more likely folk will reply with help.

Wait for advice from those in the know and, in the meantime, stay OFF the phone as calling CDER will not help you at all.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

go contact 

Dart Charge Contact Centre

Phone: 0300 300 0120

tomorrow

it could be an ANPR miss read or a case of ID fraud, but once you explain the situation and they check DVLA database it should all be resolved.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Vehicle is a white Diesel 2007 Peugot 1560cc

Vehicle tax expired 30-11-2020 but it's MOT'd until 20-10-2021

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

urm interesting

insurance says it's valid there 

GR07ZXG

YES. This vehicle is showing as INSURED on the Motor Insurance Database today

The vehicle make and model details on the MID are:

Peugeot Partner

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...