Help ..Financial Advice Company deducted unathorised £500 from my account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I need advice on how to go about this please , I am fuming !

Someone on facebook recommended  a financial advise company that could help Me apply for a Bounce Back loan for my business,

To be honest I have 3 businesses, I already applied for a very low amount for one of the businesses as i did not think this Covid problem would last this long i got for approved this,

a couple of months later i realised I would needed more funds to stay afloat, but I decided i might need more support or advise to apply again ,

This was the point i contacted this financial advise company, of which I paid £149 for initial advise and engagement, i also introduced 3 other friends to them ....

i realised after speaking with them that they were not really offering anything special, they told me they would help me to open another high street bank account, process it on my behalf and then charge  £1,500 ... 

when their email came through it was different from what they 'said' that is I would have to do everything myself ! i thought , if I could apply for the 1st loan myself, without any other help why should i continue with this people ?

I went ahead and applied just the way i applied for the 1st loan , and i got approved for my 2nd business... all my other friends also pulled out because of this same reason this was about 8 months ago ... I also saw a couple of people on facebook calling them out ... more reason why i decided not to go ahead with them...

This morning an amount of £500 has been debited from my account ! for cancellation of engagement .. I do remember at the point of paying the £149 , i also signed an non-engagement document of £500 , but they didn't help me to process this application... They may want to claim Non engagement , but i think all this has been premeditated,

How can i get my money back from them  ?

please help  

Familiar scam on facebook much along the lines of the ppi reclaim scammer s.

how did you pay the £149? By a debit card?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes , i paid with my business debit card Monzo, i have also sent them a message but being a bank holiday today not sure if they could do anything to reverse,

I have all the details of this financial advice company, I have the director's details , He was the one i spoke with initially ,  He and his business are also on facebook ... how can i go about this please , He calls himself an Accountant, this is not ethical at all , especially not this time when businesses are struggling  :(

just go do a chargeback then to your bank

you should be able to do this 24/7 by using your banks 24/7 phonebanking number

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when you get 5 mins,

scan up to one multipage pdf like you did before on your other threads, anything you have from them inc the contract etc.

read our upload guide carefully

dx

and they

i have checked through all my emails , can't find any contract ! to be honest trying to juggle my brain now ... i cant remember signing anything,

i think i actually got the £500 cancellation info. from one of my friends who called to ask for a refund of his initial fee, and he told my friend He would send him a £500 invoice for cancelling,

looking through my emails, i found that one form was actually gone while i was still filling it out, and i sent an email to them that the form went before i pressed submit, and He responded to my email that it was okay ...

I have also gone to search up his name on facebook and there is a topic actually created on the 1st of April and people discussing about how he is fleecing people and debiting accounts with experiences similar to mine ...

any sign of him on companies house website, any ICO or FCA number anywhere on his site or any blurb you can use to search for him...i wonder if he is even registered...urm... sounds like a facebook 1 man sofa reclaim guy..

and they

I have just checked, He is registered on companies house, i went back to check my facebook messages as someone did a screenshot of him on linked in then ... but when i checked him on linked in now, he has changed his surname !

Reading through this, I can't see that you've actually named any business or individual so we have no idea who is behind this.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

and they

aha i know this scammer very well...

Delete UK Compulsory Liquidated after Failing to make Credit Card Debts Disappear - Company Debt

this guy was linked to rankine too.

david was his side kick,

get your moneyback from your bank

David won't go anywhere near a court room door.

tell all the others on facebook to do chargebacks too.

and they

Oh my ! didn't realise he's been in this game this long !  He should be behind bars now and not on the streets anymore .. Thank you .. I will be on my bank's back later today .. this has kept awake ! £500 is a lot to me now ...:( 

Sorry what do you mean by He won't go anywhere near a court room door ?

Given his past record, he's not likely to use the court system to claim back the money you're now looking to reclaim via your bank.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Phew and I can breath now !! Thank you ! Bank refunded my money and on his case ! ... They also cancelled the card .. I have moved all funds elsewhere just incase 😃 .. Thank you so much once again 🥂

Now go tell the others you found on facebook to do the same!!

or tell them to come here.

everyone should stop paying this fraudster and report him to the fca en-masse.

and they