Vehicle Control Services Privacy Notice, Brooke Retail Car Park, HA4 0LN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. 

I parked my car in the brooke retail car park in ruislip on 31/3/2021 at 7:10pm. Played football accross the road (Goals) and left at 8:35pm. I noticed (as have several others) the following day a Privacy Notice slip on my car. 

I was extremeely confused, called VCS and they said nothing other than i will be getting something in the post. I called one of the stores and they told me that the landlord has hired some agency to sit in cars and ticket people who do not use the car park for either the pets at home or oak furnitureland. I had no idea this was the case.

When you enter the car park there is no big bright sign clearly stating what it can and can not be used for. I have been told there are signs tied to lamp posts but they are small print and you have to walk up to them to be able to read them. I am not comfortable coming into contact with cars by walking between them at the moment as if the driver has COVID and i touch the door i am putting myself and family at risk.  

After looking on google maps there is a small sign with several paragraphs of small text as you turn in but not as you enter the car park (as there is a VW car park next to it) and that sign does not say what stores it can be used for. I did not notice any of these as they are very non-descript. 

I do not know what to do here as i do not want to pay the £100 they are going to try steal from me but i cant have a CCJ as i am trying to join the RAF and want to bet a mortgage in the next six years. Surely they cant do this to people when they genuinely did not know they were doing anything wrong. 

Please help. 

hi ya

vcs are a scamming private parking company that often use spy cars like you've suffered.

its not a 'legal' PCN, it's a fake one, a speculative invoice, for breaking some imaginary contract by you parking your car and leaving the site.

that's called reverse trespass, and VCS certainly can't trespass you for the land yo parked on and most certainly can't do anything about you leaving the land and entering another plot of land. only the relevant land owners can.

if you go read that link that my fellow siteteam member posted you'll see they have to send you their fake Parking Charge Notice within 29-56 days as this was not an ANPR capture.

so sit back and wait.

these silly invoices most certainly do not show on credit files

cannot hurt a mortgage application

nor future employment.

of course you could screw this up totally by not following exactly the advice going forward given here from now on and get a CCJ..

which is why you don't do anything more now, esp no more silly phone calls! to anyone.

or anything without asking us FIRST.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please note I also tried to call the Agency I think represent the landlord. There was no answer. Left a message asking for a call back as I was confused what I had done wrong (I thought a mature conversation between two adults may have sorted it)

I shall not follow it up as I don’t want to screw myself over!

questions below. 

1 The date of infringement?

31/03/2021

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

Still waiting to receive the notice. Only got a Privacy Notice. I asked them what it was about on the phone but did not give registration information etc. 

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

has there been a response?

N/A

please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

Waiting for it

what date is on it

N/A

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

N/A

[scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

N/A

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

N/A

5 Who is the parking company?

Vehicle control services

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Brooke Retail Park, Ruislip, HA4 0LN

• Like 1

for future readers i've put your Privacy Notice back up as a pdf in your earlier post.

lots of threads here already on this carpark

just use our search in the red top banner for them.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

certainly won't hurt and it also might help the others here already and i expect those to come!

the main thing is to also get perspective of where these are positioned so a driver might not easily read them before entering.

the small print on other signs and where they are are also important.

pop everything in one multipage PDF please

read our upload guide carefully.

dx

and they

Here we go. Only one small wordy sign to be viewed as you turn into both car parks, nothing when you actually enter the car par itself.

I have just thought (after reading other threads) - I just got a privacy notice, there was no PCN - should there not have been one? Or how long should it be before they send me that? Is that the 28-56 day element? As I thought it was issued to the driver first, then the registered keeper. I have a feeling they are going to try scam me and say they did if that is the case.

Brooke Retail Park Signs.pdf

Edited by Danimal

@Danimal, when the parking charge notice drops through the letterbox any day now, be careful before posting it up on any public forum.  It's stating the blinding obvious but remove any reference that can be used to identify you.  Some will be obvious but some will not. 

VCS are underhanded so and so's and like to hide references and QR codes in the headers/footers/margins.  If you do decide to post up the parking charge notice, do it in low resolution in case you've missed any identifiers.

VCS don't use Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, it's a tactic to get at your keeper details more quickly from the DVLA without having to wait for the 28 days to pass that's mandated in PoFA.  This means they can only go after the driver of the vehicle but that doesn't stop them threatening action against the keeper to ramp up pressure in subsequent letters, baseless because there isn't keeper liability as they don't comply with PoFA

I believe they get at your details using Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002. Having dealt with the DVLA, it's hard to believe they are not in cahoots with the crooks in this money making scam.  DVLA documents INF266 and MIS546 lay out their guidelines for handing out your details but for £2.50, they will sell on your details in the blink of an eye.

@CAG site team, maybe consider placing the warnings about the importance of maintaining anonymity in BOLD RED at the top of the sticky itself rather than obfuscated within a link about pdf how to, as is currently.  You'd think it would be common sense but perhaps also suggest using third person when retelling events to lessen any chance of self-incrimination down the line?  You're a bunch of good eggs so anything to help the people you're assisting is a good thing?

In your DVLA sticky, V888/2 has been superseded by V888/2A and V888/2B for accuracy.      

Thanks Json. 

i expect a lot of threatening letters. My only worry is I don’t get a CCJ against me if they try to take me to court. I am going to follow advice from here as you guys seem to be used to this. 

do they eventually step down and say something along the lines of ‘as good faith this time we decided to drop the charge...’

The sign at the entrance is an invitation to treat since it does not include what the terms are. So nowhere on that sign does it say you cannot leave the site so no offence committed. Plus the £100 charge mentioned is too small to be seen on entering. 

For there to be a contract between them and VCS their T&Cs must be at the entrance and legible. If not then you have the option of agreeing to the rules inside the car park or not. Also as you have not stuck to their conditions you could you argue that you were trespassing which they cannot take you to court.

As far as going to court is concerned-and that is often in the lap of the gods. If you have not revealed that you were the driver then the maximum you should be charged is £100 plus court fees, legal fees and if taken to court within a year then a minimum amount of interest so less than £200.

However VCS are greedy bastards who may try and add an extra £60 which most Judges will throw out. 

they can't take you to court for trespass or reverse trespass , they are not the relevant land owners. end of!

so you need to await the PCN or NTK (be interesting what they do send!  and let them spill the beans on why they have put that privacy notice on your car.

might be good idea to go download and put up here the full contents of that privacy manual they relate too on the privacy notice in PDF please

this could get fun, i have my suspicions what simon is upto...

dx

and they

With VCS expect 3-4 letters over the next couple of months asking for payment which you can ignore.  This will then be followed by a Letter Of Claim which you DO NOT ignore.  The regulars here will advise replying with a "snotty letter" but more of that nearer the time.  Between now and then, the advice will be to swot and read up as much as you can on existing threads.

download the manual ... put it up as a PDF please.

dx

and they

Morning all, 

Manual enclosed.

Also, I forgot I emailed the sods before I contacted you stating:

'I was parked in xxxxxxxxxx yesterday. I understand there is a time limit and I did not exceed it. Received a privacy notice and have no clue why.'

I gane them my name and email/phone number but not the vehicle reg.

I suspect that throws out the NTK/PCN issue.

God sake! 

I guess my best defence is the fact they do not state you can walk away from the site and they are not the landowner. Should I seek confirmation (once the notice is served) from the landowner that VCS does not act on their behalf?

How does the law allow them to do this to people?!

VCS-GDPR-Data-Policy_Manual.pdf