private pension next of kin - ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking for some advice regarding my late brothers private pension which had he lived he would have been able to cash it in next year but passed at 54 y/o

I'm the only next of kin what happens to the pension?

if i can claim it would i need probate or just copy of death certificate. thanks   

we have some very good experts they'll be along soon.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi MS,

You need to find out if YB's pension had a death benefit, payable as a life insurance.

Before you can do this, you need to assert your right to act in connection with his Estate. Depending on the assets YB left, you may need to take out Letters of Administration as I doubt you'll get very far with no Will, only the Death Cet.

Approx what do you believe YB left in assets after funeral costs were paid off.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i've just been browsing the LGPS site which i find gives a good benchmark for most private pension questions.

As he was under 75 at death and if this was a works related pension scheme, with a copy of the death certificate, you are legally allowed to simply apply to the relevant holder of the pension enclosing the certificate, they are duty bound to reply to you with the details of his pension.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re [name of deceased]

Account number(s): [account number(s)]

I am the personal representative of [deceased] who died on [date]. I enclose a copy of the death certificate, which I’d be grateful if you would return once you have noted the details.

Please advise me of the value and details of the deceased’s pension, any survivor pension now payable and any other benefits for the deceased’s beneficiaries.

Please let me know how to proceed from here and what further information you need.

Yours faithfully,

[Your signature]

[Your name]

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

marksheff, I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Could you clarify for us what you mean by a private pension please, do you mean it's one your brother took out with an insurance company or via an employer?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My OH is in the pensions field and says that procedures have been simplified by many insurance companies and pensions administrators so you may not need to write.

If you can tell us who you're dealing with, we should be able to tell you who to contact and how.

HB

first of all thanks for all the replies, The insurance company is royal London.

forgive me if I'm late in responding its just I've a lot to sort out, but i do appreciate the help.  

• Like 1

That's very helpful, thank you.

OH says he would be inclined to ring in the first instance, but there are other ways to get in touch. He deals with companies who are doing this kind of stuff electronically because of Covid and I see that Royal London say they may just need the death certificate number. Maybe you won't need to use the postal service too much, but each company is different.

Scroll down the page in the link to Tell us about a Bereavement. If you're not sure after you speak to them, do come back and ask. :)

https://www.royallondon.com/articles-guides/learn/bereavement/what-to-do-when-someone-dies/

HB

:rockon:

and they

Try to keep hold of it if you can. If you have a lot of admin to do for your brother's estate, it might be worth havinig more than one unless the companies are doing to use the online system.

With my mother's estate, I had about five original d/c's so that I didn't need to wait for each company to take a copy and return it before I could send it to the next one.

At the time, of the companies I dealt with only Lloyds Bank were able to use the online system, I think it links to the site the registrars use. They just asked for the reference number, checked the system and I didn't need to send the original. Hopefully Royal London will do something similar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • honeybee13 changed the title to private pension next of kin - ** RESOLVED **