Old PCN's? One Enforcement, Notice Of Enforcement Received - I never received any letter about. Looking for advice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

2 years ago I got 4 letters (fines) for I think it was bus lanes.

Each fine was £65 they have pic and video recording.

Its all good

my fault

I paid all 4 fines in time £65 each and I got email receipt.

Now 2 years later they have send me letters like this claiming I have unpaid fines

at first I was very confused and like idiot paid without properly reading letter.

2 days later then send me again letter like this, but this time I didn't pay.

PCN numbers are different on those letters to that what I paid 2 years ago,

it means they have more then 4 fines, but the'vey failed to inform me by sending PCN letter. 

After reading on here and other forums it looks like its bad that I paid, because that I didn't received any PCN letter about those fines.

Is it possible to get refund?

And how to deal with second letter (Pic attached) that I haven't paid yet?

I always paid all my PCN's in time. 

Notice Of Enforcement.pdf

Hi are you meaning you have paid the same parking charge twice? Is so I'm presuming both set of receipts would have the same parking charge noted on them. ?

That second letter.  Unless I'm mistaken It looks to me like they have taken their case to court and a judge has ruled in their favour... Did you go to court or know anything about this?

• dx100uk changed the title to Old PCN's? One Enforcement, Notice Of Enforcement Received - I never received any letter about. Looking for advice.

pictures converted to PDF

its a notice of enforcement from bailiffs

you must act.

if you did not received the original PCN this is related to you need to file an out of time statement pretty quick.

Which to use For Which Offence. PE2/3, TE7/9. - Bailiffs - Help with Dealing with Bailiffs and Enforcement Agents including HCEO - Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

23 hours ago, titaniumviper said:

Hi are you meaning you have paid the same parking charge twice? Is so I'm presuming both set of receipts would have the same parking charge noted on them. ?

That second letter.  Unless I'm mistaken It looks to me like they have taken their case to court and a judge has ruled in their favour... Did you go to court or know anything about this?

Sorry for late replay. No its not the same fines that I paid 2 years ago. Those two fines have different Ref/Account numbers. They never send me any letter about those two fine. I didn't know anything about them until I received those two letters last week. 

so..they not the old ones .. you need to act as my last post, get those statutory declarations running ASAP.

that will reset eveything inc bailiff action/fees.

give the traffic enforcement centre at newham a ring now, tell them what has gone on.

have you moved since all these tickets were issued? or the car was registered at a diff address then?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ring again

when did you try?

dx

and they

dupstack - have you any idea why these PCNs did not get to you three years (or however long) ago?

Does (or did) the V5C for your car have the right name and address on it for the Registered Keeper?  (I assume you are the Registered Keeper and own the car - it's not on finance?)

When doing your Out of Time statement it might be helpful to understand why you never received the PCNs?

As regards the PCNs you think you may have paid twice, why do you think you had already paid them?  Sorry but your explanation is not at all clear.  You say you paid the originals, but then they asked you to pay again - which you did - but then you say the PCN numbers are different - so why do you think they're the same ones as you had already paid?

Are you sure they are not all different PCNs that you haven't paid?  Sorry but I don't understand.

If you've got proof you have paid the same PCN twice, tell the council, show them your proof and ask for a refund.

Address, name, V5C all the same for many years no changes there. 

This is how it was. 2 years ago I received 4 letters (Fines) £65 each for driving on "buss only" (I don't know how to explain, but it was small bridge where only buses allowed to cross). So okay my mistake I stooped driving there and I paid all those 4 fines online in time. And that's it. No more letters. Nothing for 2 years. 

And now last week I received 2 latter (with different Ref/Account numbers then what I paid 2 years ago) asking to pay £300 each. But problem is they never send me those 2 fines. I didn't know those fines even existed until I received those two letters. 

So you haven't paid any PCNs twice?  You are saying all the recent documentation you have received is in respect of different PCNs from the ones you paid four years ago?

If all your V5C documentation is (and has been) correct and up to date then you need to file an Out of Time statement etc as dx100 told you in #3 and #5

[EDIT:  The fact your V5C is up to date is good as it means the local authority has less reason to challenge your Out of Time statement.]

Edited by Manxman in exile

2 hours ago, Manxman in exile said:

If all your V5C documentation is (and has been) correct and up to date then you need to file an Out of Time statement etc as dx100 told you in #3 and #5

it does not matter if you did not update DVLA re V5C, the only criteria is simply you did not receive the original PCN's, not updating DVLA is a perfect and valid provable reason.... 

and they

I think this has been discussed before - although it is irrelevant in this case if the paperwork is up to date.

It will matter if a RK has unduly delayed updating their V5C because the Local Authority will almost certainly object to the Out of Time statement when the TEC asks them because the LA won't consider it a good reason.  " I didn't receive any paperwork because I failed to update my V5C for X months".  Yes, it's a reason - but not an acceptable one.  The LA will say that the applicant's own omission caused the paperwork to go astray, they will object to the application, and the TEC won't allow it.

As you say in #4 of the link you reference above:  "Also, and this is very important, his application will not automatically be accepted. Instead, the Traffic Enforcement Centre contact the local authority to ask them whether or not they will allow the motorist to..." [there's a bit missing after "to" but I presume it's meant to go onto say that the LA can object to the application].

If there's any hint that the applicant didn't receive a PCN etc because they had not updated their V5C, it's not going to be accepted because the LA will object.  The Out of Time process is only intended to be used where there has been a "natural" delay or overlap in updating a V5C in the period immediately following a change of address or sale/purchase of a vehicle.  Not where the RK has had more than adequate opportunity to do so but hasn't.

wrong. 

dx

and they

So I called them today again and they send me email with those two forms (PE3/PE2).

What is this Witnessed/Local county court signature? "The PE3 & PE2 forms must both be witnessed; this can be done at any local county court."? I have no Idea what is this and how/where to get this signature. 

simply contact you nearest county court, you pop in with your filed out forms and someone simply stands beside you to 'witness' when you sign and date them. they'll explain it all they should quite used to them. there might be a small fee.

and they

Signed in presence of the witness AFAIK

and they

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

i've added that PDF to our existing sticky now

• Like 1

and they

On 06/04/2021 at 03:43, dx100uk said:

wrong. 

dx

That's a very categoric and definite statement.

So as a member of the site team giving advice to members of the public on matters like this, you would be able to state with 100% confidence that an Out of Time application - where the applicant says that the reason they did not receive any paperwork was because they had been at fault by not keeping their V5C details up to date with the DVLA in a timely fashion -  would not be objected to by the local authority, and would be accepted by the TEC without question?

My own view is that I'd be very reluctant to state that view with such certainty to someone who was in that position.  And not just because I think it's mistaken.

(I know it's not relevant to this particular thread but I think there's a legitimate discussion point about what will and will not allow a OOT to be accepted).

and they

I think that depending what time of day they receive it, they will instruct bailiffs to suspend their enforcement action either that same day or the following working day.  (I believe that if you had emailed your application to the court and they had received it before 4pm they would have instructed the bailiffs to suspend enforcement that same day - not sure if same process and timings for regular mail).

Then the court has to inform the local authority of your OOT application and then the LA has to decide whether or not to object to it.

So you probably won't hear anything for several days.  Main thing is baliff action will have been suspended for now.

Make sure you let us know the outcome.

• 1 month later...

Received letter today from "The County Court" and appeal was successful 🥳 

Also says my original PCN still may exist and I need to contact local authorities/charging authorities or they can take future actions.

So what now?

I need to call local council where this fine been issued? 

• Like 1