Currys letting down a customer again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone knows how to talk to someone at Currys?  tried all avenues, says chat to them online!  that is a laugh as it  is not even there, tried most  phone numbers, and   it cuts you off, no email address.

This is  for a neighbour who needs a fridge freezer, ordered it yesterday for  delivery tomorrow, cost £30 for this, they got confirmation for delivery for Saturday! which according to site says it is £20.

They are not happy as they need this asap as theirs has broken,  I said I would aske here as I mentioned this group to them, they  do not have internet!

Thank you

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

If you need to speak to someone, you can call us on 0344 561 0000.

Opening hours:

Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
Sat: 8am to 6pm
Sun: 9am to 6pm

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/help-and-services/help-and-services-20-commercial.html?tab=2

There is a web chat option, but I don't know how useful that would be.  See if they can get through on the phone.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

tried all that Uncle, there is no chat option even though it says there is and as for their phone numbers not one of them help, they  cut you off so do not even get to speak!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

There is probably absolutely nothing you can do.

However, if this means that any frozen food is being lost and having to be thrown away then get them to take pictures of everything and then we will help them put in a claim.

Chances of success – much better than 90%

• BankFodder changed the title to Currys letting down a customer again

their freezer  has already packed up and wanted a new one asp, they paid extra for delivery tomorrow and now email says delivery is Saturday which is £20 charge

Well keep on trying to phone them – but I don't expect you will have much luck. They are a dreadful company to deal with.

You better cross your fingers that the delivery actually does happen on Saturday and after that if you come back here will help you get your money back. Even 10 quid is worth it. Plus, if there are any other issues, we can have a look at those as well

I will, maybe it may turn up on the day that was requested! lol 

" Update "

Fridge/freezer delivered on Saturday,  but has a  dint in the door so neighbour has said, the delivery men who unpacked it also noted it and said it     would be reported as well as neighbour being charged the £10 extra, 

Sandy xx

Thanks for this update.

Presumably somebody has taken photographs of the damage – and if not they should do so.

You said that the delivery person who unpacked it noted the damage. Have they written it down somewhere and do you have a copy?

Now I think you have to decide what you want to do. You could either go for a reduction – in other words the money back or a replacement – or you could reject it altogether.

Whichever you do, you should immediately assert your right to reject under the consumer rights act. Write to them – letter and email, informing them that it is defective in that the front of the unit has been damaged and so you are rejecting the item. Do not do this on the telephone. Letter and email.

You should understand that although you assert the right to reject, all you are doing is reserving your rights. You can still change your mind and accept a reduction if you want.

You should now figure out what a satisfactory reduction might be. You should assess this based on the extent of the damage, where the fridge free that will be positioned so that how visible it will be. How much money did it cost – and how badly you need the money.

How much did it cost?

• Thanks 1

hi BF

It was not me who purchased the item it was  neighbour, he said the delivery people had noted the damage and it would be reported, no idea if photos were taken.

Cost was £249 and £30 delivery charge, he was told by the delivery people  he would get a discount and should get his £10 extra he paid back, far as aware it was reported but tbh I do not know as hardly see this neighbour but if and when I do I will ask, ty for the advice

Sandy

Well get them to send the letter as I have suggested. £249 is a pretty cheap fridge freezer but still, they should decide whether they want to keep it or have it replaced.

If they want to keep it then frankly I would be going for a reduction of £70 plus the £10 delivery.

Of course Currys won't be happy at that level of discount – but I would tell them quite bluntly that if they won't do it then they should replace it and I would give them 10 days to replace it or begin a claim. That means that I would send them the letter of rejection, and after seven days send a letter of claim.

I see no problem being super-aggressive about this. Currys customer service is disgraceful and is a shambles and they need bullying.

You won't get anywhere unless you bully them hard.

• Thanks 1

" UPDATE"

Just had an email come for the neighbour from Currys, they giving him a £ 49.89 refund, I have not seen him yet so no idea what he will say

Sandy

• Thanks 1