Cabot/Restons now mortimer claimform - old Newday card debt

23sopwith

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received claim form from nottingham Feb 9 claiming wife owed x amount acknowledged

entered partial defence  ie. knew nothing about this

had no PAP from Restons.

all done in time

also added couldn't enter full defence as I had not had any contact ie. non. PAP 

Also asked if court would ask for cca.

Defence sent to Rest on by court

heard nothing until yesterday when I had a notice of change of solicitors ie.Mortimer

they also stated that they didn't have original papers and would have to ask the O/C for them so wouldn't be able to meet my request for papers and that case was on hold until they had them.

My query is

as Cabot owned the debt according to claim form why go to O/C for docs 

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Restons now mortimer claimform - old Newday card debt

Because that's the normal process when a debt is assigned...they don't get all the paperwork......just the rights to chase and enforce the debt.

Please complete the following if you require further advice on how to deal with the claim as it progresses.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Post up the defence you filed please.

not sure why you filed a 'partial defence' nor asked the court for a CCA, that's your job via a CCA request to the Claimant and also a CPR 31:14 to the solicitors.

the letter you've received from Mortimer regarding the CCA ? is a std one sent every time from the cabot 'group' when they get a request for documents , it changes nothing nor has any baring upon the court claim.

you've had several court claims and should be well vested in how to do things properly by now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...