Conveyancing solicitor, grounds for complaint?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again for any help, I'll keep it to the point. 

Currently in shared ownership property. Around Feb last year started the process of buying 100% of the property. Mortgage approved etc. The housing association dragged it out for months and months until the point the mortgage offer expired. Resubmitted an application but when they asked for payslips they would no longer accept because I was on furlough. Subsequently made redundant in November. 

New temp job with less pay so settled getting 80%.Same again, dragged heels. To a point where offer expired. Got mortgage company to agree 2 week extension to complete. 

Sent deposit to solicitor 11/03 for completion in the 12th. The solicitor sent some ID checks which I admittently forgot about, sent to me on 12th completed around 16th. 

I didn't hear anything so assumed everything was fine. Got mortgage letter through stating what the new payments were and that the money had been released. Nothing however from solicitor or HA.

Phoned my FA and he checked and was shocked when the solicitor said it didn't go through. This is now 18 days after it should have gone through. Not once did they try to contact me and the 2 week extension for mortgage expired. They blamed everything on the fact I didn't do the ID checks in time. If they had of rang me or my FA I could have sorted it. No emphasis was put on them to tell me how urgent they were. Even after the date I could have still competed within the extension if they had informed me. Now the mortgage company won't extend again and I'm back to square one! 

They also still have my £20k which I have given bank details to return but how long would they have kept it until letting me know. Surely that's not legal? The fact I had to contact them is disgraceful. I'll also be complaining to the HA for their part in delaying it all for so long. 

Is that grounds for a reasonable complaint? Conveyancing Direct Ltd BTW. 

Edited by DickyRobbo44