• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

darling1 v scabbyfax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-? I am very worried - today I have just worked out my schedual of charges (again) and have worked out they owe me £3966.00 + Interest of £495.92 = £4462.40.

I sent my letter B4 action some time ago - butdid not have the £120 court fees to take them to court - untill this week. So I have down loaded a "particulare of claim- N1- hard copy version" from the library, and am trying to fill in the N1,

I am terrified of getting it wrong I have followed every case I can and have read as much as I can take in, I am drowning in the sea of legal advice! And am now just plain confused.

Just rang the scabbyfax to ask what date I opened this account and they tell me it was 10yrs ago, It was actually more like 18 years ago, as this is the account I opened when I first worked and needed a bank to have my wages paid into!, But Jamie from the halifax said "I can assure you" that they are correct!! - what hope is there!

wish me luck!!!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

What do I put in the section on the front of N1 that says Brief Details of claim ( the bit on the back is for the whole Particulares of claim) Please can some one out there help me??

Do I send 2 copies of te schedual of charges at this point?

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

Hiya

Is this the bits you need to know? if not get back to me ok.

PAGE 1

Claimant

Your name & address

Defendant

Banks name & address

Brief Details of CLaim

The Claimant held a bank account with the Defendant for xxxx years. The Defendant deducted from my account, various amounts of money in penalty charges. The Claimant contends that these charges were legally unenforceable and the claimant is demanding the repayment of this money.

Value

The Sum demanded by the Claimant comprises of:

Repayment of unenforceable penalty charges £xxxxx

Interest on the sum due of £xxxxx

Court Fee

Total Amount Claimed £xxxxx

Defendants name & address

Your Bank

Amount Claimed £xxxxx

Court Fees (if any)

Solicitors costs -------

Total Amount £xxxxx

over the page

Human Rights – No

Particulars of Claim

1. The Claimant has an account xxxxxxx with the Defendant, opened xxxx 2.

Since xx/xx/xx the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of

purported breaches of contract.3. Defendant is aware of all details, as a list

of charges has already been supplied. 4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; (b) The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law.5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £xxxxx. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.7. Costs allowed by the Court. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx of £ xxxxx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.00p

Solicitor – No

Don't forget to sign & date

If you go online, you can fill this in by using the template on the site, it lets you line everything up, makes it look really good. Its the N1 form, you need 3 copies if your going to your local court, plus 3 lists of charges that were made from the bank. Don’t forget to add the daily interest rate, at a daily rate of £0.xx; - This daily rate of interest is calculated by multiplying the total value of the claim (charges plus overdraft interest, if claimed) by 0.00022

Good Luck & Keep Me Posted

Take Care

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

thank you angie - I filled in the N1 form last night and unfortunately had not seen your post till today, so I filled it in in my own words (heck!) and took it in to the court at 11am today, so now I just wait............oh I am so scared I will have to go to court.

Hiya

Im sure it wont come to you going to Court, hardly ever gets to that stage, but if you are the one who has to go, Make sure you put it on your thread, then you will get loads of help & support, try not to worry to much, I know easy for me to say, but Ive been there & it is a worrying time, but saying that, its also a lesson to learn to pass on to others.

pm me anytime you feel you need to ok...

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

thamk you ! if ( i mean when) I win I will donate to this wonderful site...I am just about to start a plemin letter on behalf of my husband, his claim is going tobe for more than £10,000 - got made redundant and lost a job all in about 1 year, so lots of unpleasantness had happened on his bank acount, they have been on his case for ages making his life hell, but now he has got a great job and we remortaged, it would be good to get back all that they have taken from him,

I think that at the pelim and lba stages he can go for the full amount (over 10.000 in one hit)??- but when it comes to the court N1 stage, does he do a small claim 3 times? ........does he do this all at once or are they one after another?

Am I right about the pelim and lba being for the whole amount?? - thank you for you help

?

• 2 weeks later...

hi there anyone! have received a Notice of Issue (specified amount) I dont think I have to do anything with it - do I ? Is it for my to fill in if the defendant (Halifax) don't reply? or am I ment to fill it in and send it back now? It says Claim issued on the 7th december. sent to defendant on the 9th and deemed to have been served on the 9th and they have till the 28th to reply

hi there anyone! have received a Notice of Issue (specified amount) I dont think I have to do anything with it - do I ? Is it for my to fill in if the defendant (Halifax) don't reply? or am I ment to fill it in and send it back now? It says Claim issued on the 7th december. sent to defendant on the 9th and deemed to have been served on the 9th and they have till the 28th to reply

Hi,

You are on the same timescale as me. mine was issued on the 7th and deemed served on the 9th. also they have until the 28th to respond. As i have just mentioned on my thread I have spoken to rachel hincliffe this morning on the phone at the Halifax legal dept. I just wanted to check that they had received my court papers. It turns out they have and are going to file and acknowledgement of service so now it is just waiting. The notice of Issue is your copy and a form to use if you have to file a judgement against them. Good luck with your claim. I will keep an eye on your thread to see what happens.

HALIFAX:mad:

Statement request letter sent 17th Oct 2006

Statements received 02 November 2006

Prelim letter sent 03 November 2006

Offer letter received 18th November £450!

LBA sent 20th November

Court claim deemed served 9th December 2006

WON!!!20th December PAID IN FULL!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

good luck vsouth, I will look out for your posts and see how you are doing! its a bit scary isnt it!

• 1 month later...

Case Settled In Full With No Conditions!!:D :D :D

22nd December Recieved Letter From Them But Money In Account On 20th ....................a Happy Happy Christmas Was Had By All

Phew!:razz:

Please could this be moved to the "won" section......thank you

It's a good feeling, isn't it?!

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

PLease can I be moved to the WON section???