rhonadanny vs barclays, In need of alot of help

rhonadanny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i have my statments and worked out how much is owed to me from one account but can i add another accounts charges to this as its the same bank? so far the charges are £675 pound on one account.

does it matter that i didnt have to sent a letter asking for my statements?

ive filled out a prelim letter is this right was going to post today.

can someone please please help. :confused:

Yes, as long as you clearly state which charges belong to which account (and as long as it's not a mix of business and private account). Make sure you create a different spreadsheet for each account.

No, it doesn't matter, if you kept all your statements, you're fine.

Prelim is right.

Use the waiting time to keep on reading, it will take a while to all sink in. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

i got a letter today saying how sorry they are that we think the charges are unfair and they are offering £345.

the letter says.

Despite my comments above in relation to your views, on this occasion,and without any admissions of liability, i am willing to offer the sum of £345 towards the total amount you are seking. this is with the cost and incovenience inherent in further dispute in mind and is intended as a gesture of goodwill, in full and final settlement of your compaint. if you would like to accept my offer please sign and return the enclosed form in the pre-paid envelope provided. i will arrange for the payment to be credited direct to your account within seven working days of receipt of your acceptance at this office.

what do i do now??

Send the letter back unsigned, with an extra letter saying you are willing to accept the £345 as a partial payment, and you will be seeking the rest through the courts.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

recived a letter today saying that they are unwilling to pay fall amount and that i should sign there letter accepting there offer and send it back to them problem is i signed it and made a statement at the bottom of it saying i would only accept it as part payment so i have no letter to sign and send back to them even if i wanted to.

write back to them sending a copy of your previous letter [as you kept one!] and send a copy of the letter before action [see templates]

this will give them a final 14 days to sort it out [but they will not] remember to keep to your timetable not theres.So then you follow the route of moneyclaim on line or a trip to your local court

its all very easy but keep copies of everything in a file with notes of where you sent it from and anything else relevant , send everything recorded delivery and get the print out from royal mail website the next day as proof of del, keep it all in a new file in order[from day1]

keep receipt for post and notes of the hours you spend on this.

It is likely you will have to start the proceedings but barclays will settle before the end , you can therefore reclaim all postage and photocopying costs [as you have receipts] and 9.25 an hour for the work you have done plus intest at 8% and court fees

good luck , we are all here to help

neil