Thanks dx100uk. We would like to go down the F&F route. We are in a position now where I can lend my parents a sum to let them move on from this.

Should we do the F&F offer separate to the reclaim or in conjunction? i.e. we owe £2,300 minus the £500 unlawful fees = £1,800 30% offer of £540?

Any recommendations on the best way to do this, taking into account the above? Are there any templates you recommend using?

Mum also mentioned she was charged a lot of money going slightly over her Halifax overdraft to pay this (like £30 charge for going £10 over...) - is that something we should also look into claiming back? She mentioned seeing something on MSE about it - is there are a subforum on here with information around that?

as for cap1 there are letters to use in the debt collection section of our library

inc your fees spreadsheets.

i doubt cap1 will bite though.

is the OD still with halifax?

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx. I'm struggling to find the right letter to make a F&F offer on there. Any problems with using the National Debtline one? https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sample-letters/full-and-final-settlement-offer/?

No, the od isn't with Halifax any more. Thankfully my Mum is out of it and has switched bank accounts to First direct. The article she read was: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/bank-charges/