Resignation notice period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, 

I'm currently in a 3 and a half year employment and have had a disagreement with my employer regarding my pay, 

I have requested that once business goes back to normal I should be paid the same hourly rate as everyone else in the same job as I, (iam the lowest paid throughout the company in this role). They have flat out refused and I therefore feel I have no future at the company but do not want to leave right away as we are currently working at 8 days per month the rest furlough, 

Business we expect to be back at full speed by the end of September and this is when I intend to walk away, 

I'm not going to lie with the way I have been treated by this company lately I'm kind of hoping that if I give notice now to terminate my contract at the end of September they may put me on furlough until that date, what I need to know is am I legally allowed to give that amount of notice and can they get rid of me before then, 

Below is all it states in my contract regarding Termination of contract, 

Thank you all in advance 

1616968012936828937324819846220.jpg

I'm not quite sure what this

2 hours ago, moggy491 said:

I'm currently in a 3 and a half year employment

means, but if it means that you have been with this employer for three and a half years, then the contract appears to say that you or your employer must give minimum notice of three weeks (one week for each continuous year of service).

Why would you want to put your notice in now to leave at the and of September?  (I know the contract says a maximum of 12 weeks notice but I'm not sure how that could be enforced).

If you give six months notice now I don't see why your employer couldn't give you three weeks notice.

8 hours ago, Manxman in exile said:

I'm not quite sure what this

means, but if it means that you have been with this employer for three and a half years, then the contract appears to say that you or your employer must give minimum notice of three weeks (one week for each continuous year of service).

Why would you want to put your notice in now to leave at the and of September?  (I know the contract says a maximum of 12 weeks notice but I'm not sure how that could be enforced).

If you give six months notice now I don't see why your employer couldn't give you three weeks notice.

Hi yes it means I've been therefor 3 and a half years, 

Basically I will be leaving at the end of September whatever so was hoping if I put in my notice now they would possibly furlough me until such date, Surely if they gave me 3 weeks notice that would be a redundancy or a sacking and both would have to be within reason? 

58 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Hi.

I may be missing something here but what's in it for the company if they furlough you during the six months' notice you want to give them?

HB

Hi Honeybee, The company pure and simple don't like me as I'm not a yes man, And am the only person there in a Union, Its a very unfair setup and they don't like that I question this, My thought is if they just furlough me til the end it would cost them next to nothing, 

9 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I can see it could suit you, but I don't see a reason for them to do this at the moment. Why wouldn't they just accept your notice and say you can leave in three weeks?

HB

That's what I'm trying to find out, Can they legally just say go in 3 weeks? As I'm telling them I want to leave in September, wouldn't that constitute sacking me, Forgive my ignorance 

furloughing will cost them about 15% in employers NI, levy etc.

an extra 10% of your wage in July

an extra 20% in August/September

It's not a nil cost option for them.

Edited by Emmzzi
  • Thanks 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

On 29/03/2021 at 10:31, moggy491 said:

...The company pure and simple don't like me as I'm not a yes man, And am the only person there in a Union, Its a very unfair setup and they don't like that I question this, ...

To paraphrase the words of Emperor Hirohito after Hiroshima and Nagasaki - I can see events possibly developing in a way not necessarily to your advantage.

36 minutes ago, Manxman in exile said:

To paraphrase the words of Emperor Hirohito after Hiroshima and Nagasaki - I can see events possibly developing in a way not necessarily to your advantage.

Lol, One would agree if I intended to stay there, However either way I will definitely be walking away come furloughs end.