UKPC ltd/DCB(L) 2015 ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - Valley Retail Park, Hesterman Way, Croydon ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully you won't hear any more.

That's not guaranteed of course, but at least you have flagged yourself up as a troublemaker to UKPC and the hope is they'll give up on you and go for someone easier to bully.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What happened to the PCN form Aug 2015?

It is such a pity that that date was not the one they were chasing.

The reason being that one month later the DVLA removed them from getting motorists data because they had been

falsifying photographic evidence. 

There is no reason not to mention it at the appropriate time ie if they take you to Court . I am sure they would not want judges reminded of their previous history and of course how does anyone know the falsifications were still not being carried out in the following year. 

Leopards do not change their spots. And they have had their KADOE membership removed a second time so we will see if they set themselves up as paragons of virtue if the time comes.

I hope you will then change your name here to Eve owes nothing.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/09/2021 at 15:57, EveOwes said:

1 The date of infringement? 12/04/2016

i think the org thread title and post was wrong for aug 2015 its apr 2016?

eves can you confirm a dates mix up?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 15/09/2021 at 15:57, EveOwes said:

I can only find these two letters so don't know what I've done with first two

1 The date of infringement? 12/04/2016

dcbl pdf merged.pdf 837.61 kB · 9 downloads

these?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Now that the important part is done - the snotty letter - if you want to get to the bottom of what this is all about, then send your SAR to UK Parking Control.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

DCBLegal responded today   This time they sent lots of photos of the car in the disabled bay on 12/4/16 at 19.27hrs. So no point sending a SAR

we don’t know who the driver was and no way of finding out after all this time. We have been given 30 days to pay £160 or will be taken to court. 

not sure what to do now. I don’t know if the snotty letter will make them disinclined to set up payment terms?  Also can’t understand why they never sent the evidence sooner. 

Edited by EveOwes

The point of a snotty letter is to show them you'd be big trouble if they did do court.

Small claims encourages informality and the non-use of solicitors.  Legal costs are capped at £50.  This is a huge problem for the likes of UKPCM who are far too stupid to deal with a court case on their own and invariably go running to a local solicitor.  No way will £50 pay for a solicitor in court for half a day.  Indeed the entire amount they could win would be eaten up in costs.

So far the snotty letter is working.  Instead of getting on with it and taking you to court DCBL are ... sending photos.

Of course there are no guarantees,   UKPCM do do court sometimes, otherwise no-one would ever pay them!

Yours is not the next move.  Ignore this tripe and see if they have the gonads to do court.

BTW, there is a point in sending the SAR, to find out if they got the PCN to you within 14 days to establish keeper liability.

52 minutes ago, EveOwes said:

we don’t know who the driver was and no way of finding out after all this time. We have been given 30 days to pay £160 or will be taken to court. 

read it properly, doesnt say will anything....

dx

and they

It is not for you to find out who was driving. They have to prove who was driving. They cannot assume it was the keeper. I am surprised that they only sent photographs. They should have included things like the PCNs and any letters they have already sent to you since the incident. If they haven't got it how can they have done their due diligence? Silly me, it's DCBL.  So if they have sent more than just photos, please post them here. 

If the photos reveal any of their signs please show us.

They may not take you court so why pay them now especially as the £160 will no doubt be reduced to £100 should it get to court and even if you lose, the Court will allow monthly repayments. You may well win in court so why pay now but we are still some months away from a court case if there is one. which should giveyou time to have a bit put by then to help pay if you do not win.

We  won't know how strong your case is until we see their WS and from that we will see the PCNs they issued, their T&Cs in the car park as well as the actual contract between them and the land owner. It would seem better to wait until you know what you are looking at before paying them a penny.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again. 

I've got a broken sternum so struggling to get much done lately. 

I noticed that they didn't send me the copy letters from UKPC or the NTK.  I think whoever did the offence might have been staying with us at the time so not seen ticket or anything.

They sent a pic of the parking signage but now I can't find the blinking letter and attachments.  Everything keeps getting put away by the ocd person i live with - the one who's name this ticket is in - and who seems too upset to even cope with this at all (my daughter).

i'm so fed up with it all.

I like the logic of letting it go to court as the costs won't increase and we are living on the breadline anyway at the moment so can only agree a small amount each month.

so do you think i should send DCBL a SAR, or UKPC cc DCBL?

thanks

let it run.

all of those things WILL have to be disclosed by them should it ever goto court.

and they

Hi again, so I will send a SAR to UKPC because I don't remember seeing the  NTK.  Then should I let DCBL know otherwise they will probably issue the court papers but they might hold off if i tell them about the SAR?

what do you think?  I need to do it this weekend or it will be beyond the 30 days.  Otherwise to let it run will definitely lead to a court case perhaps??

Can I get a copy of a SAR letter on here?

thanks

Hang on. don't panic!

You sent the snotty letter which has told the fleecers to put up or shut up.  So far they've haven't taken you to court.  This might change, but so far you're in the driving seat.  You don't have to deal with them any more.  It's up to them if they have the gonads to start court action or not.

Regarding DCBL, they are not representing their client in the normal way that a solicitor represents a client, because the sums of money involved are too low for that.  They are just chucked a few quid to send a couple of "threatening" letters.  There is no point in dealing with them.

If you want the original PCN send a SAR to UKPCM only.  For the SAR letter simply click on "SAR".

However, the SAR has nothing to do with the 30 days, you've already dealt with that with the snotty letter.  You need to read lots of similar threads and familiarise yourself with the legal process.  CAG is a superb free library.

• Thanks 1

Click on the word SAR here.

A thread should pop up entitled "Full Subject Access Request under the new GDPR 2018 regime".

Scroll down to post 3.

There is the SAR template.  There is an explanation by BankFodder and underneath the template in grey.

• 1 month later...

Two things.  Can you please write what is on the fleecers' Particulars of Claim?  We need to know how they have come to the figure of £325.

We also need to know what happened way back in April 2016 to be able to defend this.  Yes, it was yonks ago but you will have received letters at the time, you came here in March, in late September you were advised to SAR the parking company and on 24 October you said you were going to do this.  So please upload the PPC's response to the SAR

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

Please fill out our court claim sticky on this forums homepage.

Dx

and they

Name of the Claimant ? UK PARKING CONTROL LTD

Date of issue – 24/11/21

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1. The defendant (D) is indebted to the claimant (C) for a parking charge(s) issued to vehicle (vehicle reg) at Valley Retail ParkHesterman WayCroydonCR0 4YA

2. The PCN details are 12/4/2016, 13xxxxxxxxxx

3. The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the terms on Cs signs (the contract), thus incurring the PCN(s).

4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages. 

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.

2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgment or sooner payment. 3. Costs and court fees 

What is the total value of the claim? £325.92

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes. Letter of Claim

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Edited by dx100uk
excess removed

They’ve added £80.92 to the original £160

plus £35 court fee

plus £50 legal rep fee

i didn’t send an SAR as our house was chaos (can’t go into details but so many issues atm) and I kept meaning to do it but then I thought it was too late after the 30 day deadline passed. 

I just don’t want you all to have a dig at me for neglecting to do SAR

thanks for your help and advice 

Edited by FTMDave
Edited on request of OP