UKPC ltd/DCB(L) 2015 ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - Valley Retail Park, Hesterman Way, Croydon ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

11 hours ago, EveOwes said:

Please bear in mind that my relative does not like discussing these issues so I often take it upon myself to handle things. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick. She 100% does not remember seeing a ticket.

And thus the problem.  The person who is in legal dispute refuses to deal with their own case meaning wires get crossed, we constantly have to ask you to ask her, and everything takes twice as long.

Solicitors can charge around £300 an hour for advice and given you're getting that all for free from volunteers I don't think it's too much to ask for the person who is in legal dispute to be on the thread and answering questions promptly herself.

Anyway, as you were posting about this ticket in 2016 it means logically that you did know about it, the fleecers had sent their letters and you had read them.  It also means that someone in your home had the bright idea of throwing the correspondence away.

However, your daughter was not the driver.

You now have to start preparing a Witness Statement which sets out your side of the story:

- have a look at the PPC Successes thread at the top of the page

- start on the last page of the thread and go backwards

- any thread with "claimform" in the title will have a WS, generally towards the end of the thread, so there are loads of examples to base yours on.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Look at the WS in post 107 of _Ray_'s thread  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408248-vcselms-spycar-pcn-paploc-now-claimform-liverpool-airport-no-stopping/page/5/#comments  If you can't find it in post 107 it'll be a couple of posts above or below, sometimes the post count goes wonky.  Anyway, there is a cracking Witness Statement.

Now _Ray_'s case is very different from your daughter's as it involves no stopping near an airport, so I'm not suggesting you use the same arguments, it's more how _Ray_ has laid out their points which is superb.

You can certainly use _Ray_'s whole section (9 - Double Recovery) almost word-for-word as UKPCM too have made up £60 Unicorn Food Tax.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hI.  I've received the SAR from UKPC.  The letters were posted to an old address so it seems my daughter didn't register the new address quickly enough.  She had a major insurance claim in 2015 and I remember her receiving solicitors letters here so wondered if she changed in then?? Anyway, they sent the pcn copy and also a copy of the NTK which had been mailed to the old address.

I remember we occasionally picked up some mail from one of our old neighbours but it wasn't something we did often.  That must have been about the time I originally posted on here when we picked up a letter.

This is just a bit of a mess really.  I could get her to write or call DVLA to find out when the address changed but I'm thinking this is just clutching at straws.

Edited by EveOwes
more info

No need to contact the DVLA.

Getting the PCN at long last might change everything.

Please redact, scan and post up everything the fleecers sent you.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

I will try and do it today. I dont have a scanner. The last time I loaded documents it was quite difficult to get them in the format your site accepts.  I will do it though. 

been dealing with illnesses. We’ve all been ill here for the last week and more. 

thanks

Nope its very easy to take a photo and redact it ,

youd have to do that anyway even if we allowed jpg files..

So..wheres your problem ..The conversion to pdf is a simple drop to a website then you are done.

we dont allow anything bar pdf as then people have to log in to download and see things so we know wgos spying on a thread.

if we allowed jpgs then everyone like on Facebook could see then.. And cOunter the resultant help later on or know how you are going to fight them.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. I will get to it today. I have to take the pic in my ohone and then upload to Mac which takes a while for whatever reason and then I can convert it. I will do this today as I know it’s in my own interest to do so. Thanks again

Hi. I’ve got a problem. I’ve taken photos but cannot find an iPhone lead with a normal size usb at one end to attach to my laptop. 

I will keep looking but I believe we’re all using one charger atm and it’s got a micro usb which doesn’t fit laptop. All the other chargers broke although I will try and find one. 

Email the pic to yourself or use Bluetooth to transfer :roll:

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Surely the lead from your charger will do? The end that fits into the charger plug is a USB plug.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Gick. No I don’t have a lead. I’m using someone else’s and it has a micro usb that goes into the plug and not a regular usb. But the suggestion above about emails will work. I will do that. 

Andyorch's suggestion is good way you then can download and archive it away from the phone foe safe keeping

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 01/03/2022 at 00:36, dx100uk said:

do you not READ what advice we give???

please stop this incessant belief you have to go running around like a headless chicken researching this and that that has no relevance to the current position in a process you are at.

get things done, in order, as advised, comeback, confirm you've done those properly - THEN go off on research.

i'm sorry but you've done this numerous times here since 2010 and have been told again and again to stop doing it. 

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track-correct-at-sept-2016/#comment-5088148

3 copies

yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) - so NO to mediation.

1 wit you

the rest is obv

1 to the court

1 to sols (omit phone/sig/email)

1 for your file

dx

1 hour ago, EveOwes said:

I've just realised also that i haven't sent a copy of the n180 to dcbl.  Shall i do that now and will email be ok? thanks

:frusty::frusty:  yet again another mistake....

and how many more times do we have to tell people never to use or give EMAIL AD... 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Eve thanks for including the Notice to Keeper. It is non compliant so the alleged debt cannot be transferred to the keeper. Only the driver is liable and if the driver has  not been revealed, UKPC will have a hard job proving who was driving.

Incidentally, on the headline to your thread, the PCN was supposed to have happened in 2015 not 2016. Are there two tickets or just over optimistic when the PCN was issued.

Hi. Re 2015/16. That was my error I believe. 

so non compliant- how do we communicate this to the claimant?

Dx. Sorry. I will mail it to them. I’m not very well atm.  I’m very depressed and jittery.  And forgetful. This isn’t self pity it’s me asking you to be more patient. Thanks

not my problem..

and the courts etc wont give a monkies you mess up for your daughter time and again as it's her that should be doing all this not you...a third party to the court claim.

• Like 1

and they

LFI, why do you reckon their invoice is non-compliant?

The "offence" was 12/04 and they left a NTD, then they sent the NTK on 13/05, so they seem to have respected the 29 to 56 day rule.

FTM it is the wording on the NTK that no where nears matches what it should say if it is to be compliant.

First of all the NTK does not  say that UKPC is the Creditor. It should.

Second  "the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;" is also missing.

There is a possible third which I can't tell because the Argos card covered the dates so I cannot tell whether there was a period of parking or not.

Brilliant detective work as usual LFI!

So Eve, now it's Witness Statement time.  You need to get on with drafting it.  Some ideas are -

1.  No locus standing, UKPCM are not the landowners;

2.  Suing the wrong person.  Your daughter was not the driver.  UKPCM cannot transfer responsibility to the keeper as LFI has explained;

3.  Illegality so no contract formed - UKPCM have no planning permission for their signs;

4.  Double Recovery - all the Unicorn Food Tax stuff you've been previously advised to copy.

• Thanks 1

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC ltd/DCB(L) 2015 ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - Valley Retail Park, Hesterman Way, Croydon
  • 1 month later...

open

dx

and they

Hi. The solicitor emailed an offer to settle for £180. We haven’t responded as yet and not sure how to handle it?

also I am nearly finished the witness statement but wondered in what way the NTK was non-compliant.   It says on it ukpc (the creditor) etc

thanks

On 14/03/2022 at 23:31, lookinforinfo said:

Second  "the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;" is also missing.

There is a possible third which I can't tell because the Argos card covered the dates so I cannot tell whether there was a period of parking or not.