SSE gas bill monthly direct debit too low and missed 6 month review ***Settled***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys
 i switched to SSE last August for gas only after looking at comparison sites. i was offered a monthly budget plan of £17, didn't really think much about it at the time but now realise it is way too low to cover my gas assuage.

I've had 5 bills:
For the period: 18 August 2020 to 24 September 2020, Gas charges of £17.55 so the £17 covered it..

for the period: 18 August 2020 to 24 September 2020 Gas charges £313.05

but a few days later an amended bill For the period: 18 August 2020 to 24 September 2020 Gas charges £34.47 so again £17 a month covered it. 

for the period 25 September 2020 to 15 December 2020 Gas charges £147.70 (I didn't look at this bill so didn't see that i was getting into arrears)

For the period: 16 December 2020 to 09 March 2021 Gas charges £308.67 (first time I realised I was getting into big arrears!)

I have spoken to them and they said my account is only reviewed every 6months (they appear to of missed the 6 months) I cant believe it is only reviewed every 6months?? why did they allow me to get so in debt?! I have given them regular meter readings so its not been estimated bills.

my question is

do I have a case to go to the Ombudsman, as i feel they should of never put me on £17 a month, its clearly not enough.

they appear to of missed the six month review deadline and

they should of let me know after Decembers bill that I was getting into arrears.

I budget very carefully each month for my outgoings I cant afford a massive bill out of the blue like this!

I have already complained and they have offered £50 .

I hope this makes sense!
thanks for your help.

urm..i think you might stand a good chance here..

look at it this way

if they had done nothing 'wrong' why offer £50? doesn't make sense to me...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

SSE EMAIL. 

"

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me via telephone recently regarding the complaint you have raised. Firstly, I am sincerely sorry for the upset we have caused. Your experience falls exceptionally short of the high level of customer service we strive to provide here at SSE.

You initially contacted us on March 25th regarding the bill you have received with the balance of £371.84 This is based on customer reading 0020. As a company we review customers' Direct Debits every 6 months, your review is due on the 22.3.21 We have recently changed our policies and are doing this more often to help our customers manage their bills, I sincerely apologize again that your Direct Debit hasn't been reviewed yet. 

As discussed on the telephone I would like to offer you a goodwill payment of £50.00 towards the balance as a gesture of goodwill. "

I have no idea how they initially came up with £17 a month direct debit? They must have some record of the initial contract? They wouldn't just go ahead without checking surely? 

I have settled the case with SSE, they made an improved offer of £100 which I accepted. form my research and looking at recent Ofgem reports, energy companies are being pushed to review their customers accounts more frequently than the current 6 months. 

• AndyOrch changed the title to SSE gas bill monthly direct debit too low and missed 6 month review ***Settled***