Vanquis affordability complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place but I have a query on making an affordability complaint.

I took out a Vanquis credit card in July 2018.

They gave me a credit limit of £500.

I maxed out the card within the 1st month and made minimum payments for 4 months with money mostly borrowed from my partner.

I couldn’t keep this up so the account defaulted in June 2019 with a balance of £619.
£129 of this balance was made up of late payment charges and interest.

At the time of taking out the credit card, I:
• had just began self-employment after a long period of unemployment. Currently, I am unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
• was not and still am not a homeowner – Universal Credit covers 100% of my rent
• had and still have £800 defaulted credit card account with another lender
• had and still have an outstanding CCJ for £5,500
• had and still have approx. £4,000 council tax arrears (although I don’t think I was asked about bills at the time of application)

·had but no longer have a CCJ for £600 – this dropped off November 2020 as 6 years had passed

The Vanquis account is since with Lowell who have written to me a couple of times asking to set up a payment plan.
I have ignored these letters as I’m not able to make any payment to them.

As the £800 defaulted credit card account and £5,500 CCJ are due to drop off in May 2021, this Vanquis/Lowell default will be the only negative record on my credit file.

I would love to have a clean file after years of problems and stress in every part of my life!

I don’t know if I’m being cheeky or silly but I was wondering if I have a case for an affordability complaint with Vanquis?

I have seen from online articles and this forum, that late payment and default markers can be removed if the complaint is successful but can this happen if the account is now with a debt collection agency? Or is this all wishful thinking?!

Thank you for your time and for any help.

Easy

send them an irresponsible lending complaint.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dont think this will fly for a CC - IRL Lending only really applies to CL Increases which push the card outside normal usage IE - Going from £2000 CL to £22000 in a year...

But it doesnt hurt. For the CC though youll probably find they wont remove it etc and the balance will still be owed. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

surely not if the card should not have been given in the 1st place?

though do bare-in-mind its most probable that (at least) the vanquis and moneybarn wings of Provident group look as though they will enter administration soon,

pers i'd send an IRL complaint regardless.

as for lowells, have you moved since you got the card and not informed vanquis or latterly lowell that you moved?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did note that increasing credit limits seem more complained about but I am going to try for the reason that it shouldn't have been given in the first place.

So they wouldn't remove the negative markers?

I would have no problem/resentment in paying the balance minus interest and late payment charges if they did! 

I have not moved since I got the card.

Could you tell me what will happen to these kind of accounts if Vanquis do go into administration please?

Especially as it is with Lowell now?

Many thanks

please use our IRL Guide

should an IRL complaint be totally successful, then yes all evidence on your file would be removed. 

however don't forget its only the defaulted date that potential creditors see, and thats there till it reaches it's 6th birthday when the whole account vanishes though this does not mean the debt is not still owed.

If vanquis go in administration that won't change your situation with lowells no, the debt is sold .......but if your IRL complaint is successful or to some degree is ... it might well reduce the outstanding balance owed. 

and they

:rockon:

and they