can i claim in england??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had 2 credit card accounts with capital one. I live in Scotland but have a lot of charges from july 01 onwards. I am aware i can only claim for 5 years in a scottish court but as capital one is based in england can i claim 6 years in an english court??

Yes, you may do this as long as you have an English (or Welsh) address for the Court to send the documents too.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

But bear in mind IF it does come to court, they may delay and you can be like a fiddler's elbow going back and forth until the case is concluded.

You can claim in England even if you have Scottish address - as long as the bank/credit card registered address is in England.

I am doing it with the Natwest.

In answer to your 5 year question, I don't know as none of my charges went over 5 years! I did notice that the banks don't actually read any of the letters I sent as the first one only asked for 5 years of data but they sent 6. I had also used templates from the Govan Law Centre site which doesn't mention manual intervention yet the some of the replies said they could not provide this info! Fools that they are :)