Found someone has/is committing CPA fraud after gaining my Debit Card Details

elainecll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what about the CPA's...from post 1 you have not answered if you have directly phoned your bank and done anything about cancelling and reclaiming CPA's, despite numerous advice to do so?

CPA's are nothing to do with and are a totally separate issue from cancelling direct debits and will not be cancelled by asking Direct debits to be cancelled.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Quiet clearly from what the OP has stated several times the bank, HSBC, are not recognising these as CPAs but saying they are DDs. I am not a member of the site team and have managed to understand this. 

Hence why she cant cancel them or get a refund on them. I have asked several banks about CPAs when setting up a new ban account and none of them knew what they were they all said what DDs or SOs 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Continuous payment authorities (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

where available any DD can be cancelled by a bank's customer by logging into your online banking portal and cancelling them, that's written in the banking code. its also quite clearly states a bank cannot refuse a customers request.

the op has to date never confirm they have actually directly asked or even mentioned CPA to their bank nor to cancel all CPA's, they appear as many people do to fail to even know CPA's existed.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i got a question to ask about debit card, I renew another card, is that mean no one else can use me detail purchase anything in online, or the hacker still can able trace the new card detail or without new card detail he/she still can use old detail do any purchase?

On 16/03/2021 at 23:54, dx100uk said:

your issue is nothing to do with your debit cards now, it's called CPA - Continuous Payment Authority, 

once a CPA is set up using a valid card with the last 3 digits of the CVV on it's back it remains active until YOU cancel it regardless to a change of card.

you need to contact HSBC and demand they cancel ALL existing CPA's and not to allow any further CPA's without your WRITTEN authority.

dx

already explained the answer you last question almost a month ago^^^

and they

thats ok. so doing will sort the likes of Google Play, YouTube , Amazon , 02 and eBay etc, that you mentioned in your 1st post.

once the CPA for each is cancelled, payments will no longer go through.

to answer the other bit which i think you are asking, regarding your new cards, no the hacker will not be able to find out the new card details as long as you've now taken the appropriate security measures and steps on all your devices to prevent this happening again.

don't be scammed into thinking things like using a VPN will prevent it ..

and they

called the bank this morning, they said CPA = direct debit, so at the movement i dont have any DD set up anymore, but yet, Google Play, YouTube , Amazon , 02 and eBay etc still will continue paying.....

And they say they didnt receive my appealing letter on last month, and their investigate already stop last month, but yet my problem never stop still going payment going out on last month statement, 

Now fraud team said any i report as fraud they will get the refund bank from Google Play, YouTube , Amazon , 02 and eBay etc BUT wont refund back to me anymore.

continuous payment authority is not direct debit.

you as a customer are quite within you legal rights to demand they to cancel ALL CPA's linked to your bank account, 

i would politely suggest you stop talking to clueless phone banking operators and ring again and ask to speak to their supervisor/manager.

and they

So as l said previously the bank is not recognising a CPA and saying they are DDs. Maybe go above the heads of the staff and go to the top. The  directors office make them work for there pay. 

Is it possible you could change banks. Then move all your money out of it and close it down. That way they have no access to it. Oh and then Don't give your son the details get him google play cards for the poke coins. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

DX100uk, first at all they not allow me to talk with their supervisor/manager. they told me CPA is mean direct debt, even i goto to the branch they also telling same thing.

The god mother, i already removed all banking detail in google pay since in 2nd card, but 3rd, 4th, 5th card still can hack

I did not say remove all the details l said move banks. Sounds like you need to take your money else where as they are doing nothing to help. What bank is it. 

how much are you out of pocket please?

and they

I just found important news, last night i am checking my son email, and found google send us a location notification said some using the email, and the location is in St. Helens, AND USING SAME IP address like me, just now call up to talktalk to ask about IP address can be same with others, they say everybody are using different IP address, so what is ur guys comments?

Dont lose those emails. 

As far as I know an IP address can be changed.  It should only be allocated to one internet connection at any one time, but it could be the case, that one internet connection has the IP address during a period and then a different internet connection has the IP address at another point in time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just spoken to my other half. He says it sounds like it might be some type of VPN is possibly being used. Not normal for it to show in the same country as u. Normally it does show as in a different country. 

Do all the emails show the same St Helens location and same IP address. Also are you near a St Helens. 

you indicated earlier you had changed passwords on google.

simply go into settings on google and disconnect all logged in devices.

and they