Parcel Hero - damaged guitar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a Parcel Hero collect from the seller to myself with insurance to the value of the guitar (£535). On arrival it had a dent and a bent tuner, but more importantly the electrics weren't working properly. The minor items, though annoying, I could live with. However I didn't know if the electrical fault was catastrophic or not, so I took to a technician. Technician tells me pickup is kaput - only way it could have happened is a massive shock. 

Parcel Hero are terminating the claim because item has been moved from my house. If it had been a loose wire I would not even have bothered claiming, so this hiding behind terms and conditions seems ridiculous.

I would like to issue a county court claim or equivalent - does any body know who I should issue against (Company name, address etc)?

Thanks for any help!

Please will you start off reading around the cases – most of them involve Hermes – to understand the approach and the arguments – especially in relation to the insurance requirement which they impose in order to protect yourself against their own negligence or the criminality of their employees.

ParcelHero is the broker. Who was the courier?

You say that ParcelHero have declined responsibility because you moved it from your house. Amazing.

Please can you post up in PDF format the message that they sent you in which they made this statement.

Well I am very pleased that you are having such bad luck with your couriers because that means that the rest of us can benefit from the good luck that you are leaving behind. You are acting as a sort of sacrificial anode for the rest of us.

As an expression of gratitude we will try to help you get out of the mess.

Obviously they're talking a load of nonsense. And yes, the next step is to issue a letter of claim.

However, it will be a very good idea if you read around this sub- forum as I have already suggested so that you understand the route and also the arguments. Read up also about how to bring a small claim in the County Court – if you haven't done it before. It's very easy but it's worth knowing the steps in advance as this will give you confidence.

It's quite likely that your claim will end up in mediation – so have a look on the stories here about how mediation normally works. We've had two or three people write up some excellent summaries of their mediation experience.

When you think that you have it all under your belt then come back here and will help you draft the letter of claim.