Backdoor CEL PCN CCJ - enter wrong reg at Fitness Station, 3 Hawksworth Rd, Minehead TA24 5BZ terminal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Back in 2019 I parked at my Gym (which I was a member of) and accidently made a mistake when putting in my vehicle registration number.
I received a parking fine from Civil Enforcement Ltd for £100 or £60 if I paid within 14 days,

I spoke to the owner of the gym and he said that its not problem and he can get it cleared  I forgot about it.

I then started receiving letters from debt collection agencies saying I owe money I spoke to the owner of the gym and he said to ignore them as they are just trying to scare me,  I did.

Since then I have forgotten about it, moved address and the car that got the fine has been scrapped.

I have just received a picture (from the new occupant of the house) of a letter from The County Court Business titled 'Judgement for Claimant (by default)' Dated for the 8th March 2021 stating that I have to pay £296.83.

I am currently a student so I can't really afford to pay the £296.83 fine but I also can't really afford the pay the £255 set aside costs which is worrying me.
What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CEL PCN CCJ - enter wrong reg at gym terminal

1st it's NOT A FINE.

and a wrong reg entry is not an excuse for a fleecing Private parking Company to get a County Court Judgement Against you.

however as you moved without informing them. hope you've now updated the DVLA re your licence and V5C as well as the owners of any outstanding debts on your credit file now?

talking about your credit file... if you go look you might see the CCJ number

if not get it from the picture you have...

then tomorrow go ring northants bulk.

ask them for a copy of the CCJ and the CLAIMFORM particulars of claim by email pdf

RECORD YOUR CALL!!

if par chance they say they cannot forward the claimform, then ask them to readout the address AND the Particulars of claim box.

once you have that info

please comeback here and fill this link out and we'll get you moving:

Received a Court Claim From A Private parking Speculative invoice?? - How To Deal With It HERE***Updated Aug 2016*** - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your help.

The car was scrapped before I moved so there was no need to update the V5C.
I haven't updated the DVLA on my new address because I no longer own a car so I forgot to do that.
But I will do that immediately.

I have the CCJ number so I will call them first thing tomorrow and then I will fill out that link. 

Thank you for your help.

Did you get a Cerificate, or proof of destruction?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It might help later

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Okay, I have called The Northampton County Court Business Centre and they have sent over the particulars of claim and other details about the Judgement For Claimant (in default) form I was sent.
I will fill out the form you sent me and post it here:

Name of the Claimant ? Civil Enforcement Limited

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. I didn't receive a claim form.

It must have been sent to my old address.

I was only sent a picture of the 'Judgement For Claimant (in default)' form

This is dated the 8th March 2021 - It says on the form that I have a month to send the £296.63 Fees to Civil Enforcement Limited.

The original parking charge claim was 13/12/2019.

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LIMITED v MR ***** ******

Case Number: *******

Solicitors: CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LIMITED

Telephone: 0870 919 5577

Reference: PCN:**********

Judgment entered: 08-MAR-2021

£296.83

1.claim for monies relating to a parking charge for parking in a private car park managed by the claimant in breach of the terms + conditions (t+cs).

2.drivers are allowed to park in accordance with t+cs of use. anpr cameras and/or manual patrols are used to monitor vehicles entering + exiting the site.

3.debt + damages claimed the sum of 182.00

violation date: 13/12/2019

time in: 16:08

time out: 16:49

pcn ref: ref****** car registration no.: ****** car park:- *********

total due- 182.00 (ref:www.ce-service.co.uk or tel:01158225020)

4. the claimant claims the sum of 198.75 for monies relating to a parking charge per above including 16.75 interest pursuant to s.69 of the county courts act 1984 rate 8.00% pa from dates above to- 05/02/21 same rate to judgment or (sooner) payment daily rate to judgment- 0.04 total debt and interest due- 198.75”

What is the total value of the claim? £297

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No, I moved addresses and this Judgement for claimant form is the only one I have seen - I was sent this form in a photo message by my father who lives at my previous address.

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I was instructed by the land owner that he had cancelled the parking charge, I scrapped the car that was involved in the charge and no longer have a car so completely forgot about this and updating my address on my driving license.

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? N/A

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? N/A

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Creditor

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I received the original parking charge letter on the 25/02/2020 and the incident date was 13/12/2019. 

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Haven't paid anything.

What was the date of your last payment? N/A

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

A wrongly typed Reg Number is de minimis in law., had you known about it and defended at the time it would have been a tail between legs retreat iunder a rock for  CEL wqith 99% certainty, see what the Team advises now.

Yeah that's what I thought. So annoying that had I actually received the claims form this could be over by now but unfortunately I haven't been able to go retrieve my post from my old address because of the COVID lockdown and my father didn't want to open up any of my post (he only opened this one as he said he thought it looked important, good job he did!) 

It's also my own fault for not updating my address with the DVLA I guess, but as I no longer own a car it slipped my mind. 

Well unfortunately your choice is either to shelve out £255 to the court to go for a set aside or to shelve out £296 to the fleecers.

You could in theory simply ignore judgement but that would lead to a CCJ and a knackered credit score for six years. 

20 hours ago, MeVsPPC said:

I spoke to the owner of the gym and he said that its not problem and he can get it cleared  I forgot about it.

are you still a member?

can you re engage with the gym and find out what did happen or not here?

as for the default CCJ - the fact you didn't update you DL is nothing to do with it, sadly CEL were quite within their legal right to use the old address notified to them after requesting it from the DVLA at the time of the incident.

can you get your father to open letters and see if you have a letter of claim please, this would have come about 6 weeks before the claimform, .

i'm surprised he opened the judgement letter 'because 'it looked important'! as the court claim pack is a large A4 brown windowed envelope with northants bulk court on the front!! would have looked far more important than a court letter...

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am no longer a member as I am a student so have moved away from the location where the gym was.

I do still have a contact number so I will call him and find out.

I will get him to check to see if he can find it. It's strange that he didn't open the letter of claim if it came in the same type of envelope.
Maybe there is a chance that a claim form wasn't actually sent or didn't arrive for one reason or another?
If that is the case, do I have a chance of fighting this without having to pay the £255 set aside fees?

I am also a student with no other income other than my student loan, so I have heard about a potential help with fees scheme that the courts do. Maybe I would be entitled to this.

what address did NB give you for where the claimform pack was sent too when you asked them?

the existence of a letter of claim to the registered address of the car is important to find out if one was sent

if they didn't send one, then thats more weight to a potential set aside

as for the fess

you have to look at fee remission form ex160 i think see if you meet the criteria.

however for the minute you are still within the info fathering stage.

and they

I've just spoken to my father and unfortunately he has found the claim form dated the 8th Feb.
He's quite old so he must have missed it which is unfortunate for me.

I've also been sent two more threatening letters from CEL which have both arrived today at my old address, explaining the consequences of ignoring the CCJ.

Do you have anything in writing from the gym where they promise to sort it out?

find the letter of claim 

does one exist 

dx

and they

I contacted the gym owner/land owner and he told me that he contacted CEL to cancel the ticket but they had told him that as I appealed through POPLA they could not cancel the PCN. 
He had 'forgotten' to tell me that, which is really annoying considering my last contact with him, he said to leave it with him and he will definitely get it cancelled.

I appealed to POPLA when I first got the ticket explaining my situation that I made a mistake but they denied the appeal.

I have the letter of claim, my father searched for it and found it, he is quite old so he must have missed it which is unfortunate for me.
The letter of claim was dated 8th Feb.

:pound:CEL as usually making their own rules up...

is this gym owner going to write to you when he gets it cancelled?

did you appeal to cel?

and these dca letters you got?

whose address did they come too and did you reply?

42 minutes ago, MeVsPPC said:

contacted the gym owner/land owner

i doubt he owns the land and employed cel?

dx

and they

Sorry I should have worded it better.
He told me to leave the PCN to him and he would get it cancelled and then CEL got back to him and told him that they couldn't cancel it because I appealed to POPLA
But the gym owner forgot to tell me this when they told him this over a year ago now. 

When I first got the PCN I tried to appeal to CEL and to POPLA stating that I had put in the wrong REG as a mistake and both appeals got denied.

I received the debt letters today at my old address (not my new one). I haven't responded yet.

He employed CEL as there were lots of non-gym members parking in the car park. When you walk into the gym, you fill out your REG number on a screen and this is where I put the wrong one in by mistake.

Do you think my best option is to pay the £296.83 to CEL as requested by Northampton County Court or to try and go for a £255 'set aside'?

As I said before, I am currently a student so if the set aside may turn out costly, this is something I may not be able to afford.

Yes I did, I will put it on my PC and upload it now.

Yes, I have contacted the Gym owner today, this is how I have found out that they told him they cannot cancel the PCN. The gym owner forgot to tell me about this when he spoke to them over a year ago.

PCN.pdf

they issued the ANPR capture PCN 2 MONTHS after the incident!!

forget pofa eh? CEL.

gym owner..HE decides if a PCN can be cancelled NOT CEL he is THEIR employer have we this is writing from him that he told CEL to cancel it?

it would help your case (well kill it dead!) if you got it in writing that he instructed them to cancel it.

and they

well thats total bs.

ofcourse they could cancel it!!

and popla were WRONG to refuse as the PCN/NTK was out of time under THEIR RULES!!

now and i'll say this because its not fair you keep adding bits to your story...

you didn't tell us you'd appealed to CEL 

got refused and got a popla code

and then appealed to popla too.

you must tell us the complete story and TELL THE TRUTH 

future readers please NOTE!! for you own stories...tell us and scan up everything...

now

could you please ask the gym owner if he would be kind enough to forward to you his initial demand to cancel the PCN to CEL please.

and where whatever letter cel sent you with in/out pictures of you car on it please

then you have everything inc the useless NTK/PCN issued late to threaten cel with a strike out at their cost.

and they

Apologies, I should've said. 

This was at the very start when I appealed and since it got denied I didn't think it would be relevant. 

I will ask the gym owner for the initial email he sent and get back to you here.

CEL didn't send me any photos of the car at all.

As it has gone as far as the courts, will CEL still back down?