Villiers Barn Thorpe-le-Soken Essex refused Covid-Cancelled wedding refund

Fringer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

A friend of mine had booked a wedding back before Covid hit and was due to get married May this year

The venue she booked took a £500 deposit and they had paid a further £2000 towards the final bill of some extortionate amount of about £15k 

Obviously, Covid hit and everyone was told no more than 30 people at funerals and only 10 or something at weddings. This wedding was for 200 people so they decided to cancel theirs and start saving for a house instead but when they asked for a refund of their money, they've been told they are not entitled to any of it because they cancelled

The venue is a brand new venue and is yet to hold any weddings so it's not as though they've had to try and fill the booking. Everyone who had booked has either cancelled or postponed due to Covid

Surely it cant be right that this venue can just keep every ones money?

The contract they signed was before covid hit and states nothing about having to cancel for reasons beyond their control

Hi.

We have another wedding thread that's ongoing, I'll try to find that for you. There are rules that wedding venues should follow during covid and there's a link to them in the thread.

Edit: Link to thread added.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Please could you tell us the name of the wedding venue.

You say other people are in the same boat. Do you know who they are? Maybe you could suggest that they come along here. It will help everybody.

I understand that the wedding was cancelled after regulations were put in place?

Yes sure the wedding venue was Villiers Barn in Thorpe-le-Soken Essex

Yes once restrictions were announced my friend couldn't whittle down 200 guests to 10 so decided to cancel until further notice then decided they would use the rest of their savings to put to a house instead, asked for a refund and was refused

This has been the same with the florist, the photographer, hair and make up, and the DJ they have all refused 

• BankFodder changed the title to Villiers Barn Thorpe-le-Soken Essex refused Covid-Cancelled wedding refund