• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

James Price's Garage – Wrong car diagnostic

Casper1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.Just wondering if anyone can help me out with complaint letter to a car garage. I dropped my car to a garage for diagnostic due to lack of cabin heating.Fans was blowing a cold air.Only way to get any heating was to keeping a car above two thousand rev for couples of minutes,soon a rev drop started blowing cold again. Did explain everything to a garage all symptoms and asked them for diagnostic. It took them less then 5min to diagnose a fault without any tools at all a part from a torch when looked under a bonet. They told me it's a heater matrix blocked. The part was only available from mazda dealer at price £347 including vat.They quoted me at £510 including labour costs. I decided to go ahead and get it fixed.When part arrived to a garage it's turns out that they need to strip all dashboard.Also pump out air condition gas which will cost extra £30 for gas.They also said the overall quote will increase slightly due to striping all dashboard but haven't gave me exac figure.At the end it worked out from £510 to £686. When went to collect a car and pay for repair has been informed there heating still not working because of the another issue possibly EGR cooler or headgasket.To get it diagnose which one it is they quote me another £120.I payed original bill £686 and took my car to mazda dealer for diagnostic it's turns out its headgasket. I want to complaint to a garage for wrong diagnose which costed me nearly £700.Why they haven't take in to consideration any other factors which could affect cabin heating.

Hi.Just wondering if anyone can help me out with complaint letter to a car garage.

I dropped my car to a garage for diagnostic due to lack of cabin heating.Fans was blowing a cold air.
Only way to get any heating was to keeping a car above two thousand rev for couples of minutes,soon a rev drop started blowing cold again.
Did explain everything to a garage all symptoms and asked them for diagnostic.

It took them less then 5min to diagnose a fault without any tools at all a part from a torch when looked under a bonet. They told me it's a heater matrix blocked.

The part was only available from mazda dealer at price £347 including vat.They quoted me at £510 including labour costs.
I decided to go ahead and get it fixed.

When part arrived to a garage it's turns out that they need to strip all dashboard.Also pump out air condition gas which will cost extra £30 for gas.

They also said the overall quote will increase slightly due to striping all dashboard but haven't gave me exac figure.
At the end it worked out from £510 to £686.

When went to collect a car and pay for repair has been informed there heating still not working because of the another issue possibly EGR cooler or headgasket.

To get it diagnose which one it is they quote me another £120.

I payed original bill £686 and took my car to mazda dealer for diagnostic it's turns out its headgasket.

I want to complaint to a garage for wrong diagnose which costed me nearly £700.  Why they haven't take in to consideration any other factors which could affect cabin heating.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured to make it legible

You posted and a solid block of text. I have restructured it.

Please will you post using proper spacing and punctuation. Otherwise is extremely difficult for people to read – especially when using a small screen such as a telephone.

What is the name of the garage which carried out the incorrect diagnosis and work please?

Have you had the head gasket replaced now and does the heating now work? Are you able to get something from master to the effect that the work which is carried out by the first garage was inappropriate to the problem and did not fix it?

We can certainly help you draft a letter – I'm afraid that knowing these garages, it will probably go to a court claim and we can help you with that as well if you want.

James Price's Garage 

Rac Approved Garage 

WS1 2EN.

I haven't got in touch with the first garage yet.I want to put in everything in writing to them so there won't be any excuse.They already mentioned that if I looking for future diagnostic the going to be another £120 charge for it.This has been said to me on the day when collected a car after heater matrix replacement.

I haven't replaced a head gasket yet.

It's huge cost which I can't afford at the moment.I spend nearly £700 for heater matrix matrix,then week after another £100 down mazcare in Wolverhampton for diagnostic.So at the moment £800 gone without any results.Head gasket it's going to cost nearly £2600£.

I think you will definitely need a written assessment of the work and the cost and comment on the work carried out by James Price in order to continue.

If you can get that then we will help you draft a letter to James Price's garage

Is this the one?

https://www.jamespricesgarage.co.uk/

• BankFodder changed the title to James Price's Garage – Wrong car diagnostic

Please confirm the vehicle model, it's age and approx mileage.

Also, do you know it's approx value, ignoring any faults.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

doubt you can ever decide its the heater matrix by not using a diagnostics machine... scammed!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Already got written assessment of the work and cost from mazcare in Wolverhampton,which clearly stating failed head gasket and labour cost.Did asked about comment and the work carried out by James Price's garage.Have been told that they don't want to get involve in work carried by first garage.

Vehicle model Mazda 6 skyactiv 2,2 diesel.Reg xxx.

Value around 4,5 to 5 thousand pounds.

Mileage 149000.

Cost already paid to James Price's Garage £700 for replacing heater matrix.

Cost of head gasket eta £2600

Please will you monitor this thread for a full reply later on – but probably tomorrow.

Could you give us the dates that this all happened please

Check this. See if it is correct or if there is anything you want to add and you would be happy to sign it.

I suggest that you send this off – without any deadlines et cetera but ready to send off a letter of claim if they don't respond to you within seven days. No need to wait any longer than that.

Dear Sir/Mdm

On XXX day I visited your garage with my vehicle registration number XXX and asked you to investigate a failure in the heating system which resulted in only cold air flowing into the cabin area unless the engine was kept revving above 2000 rpm.

All of these symptoms were explained to your staff.

Your engineer carried out an inspection underneath the bonnet and reported to me that the heater matrix was blocked.

I was told that the cost of replacement heater matrix was £347 including VAT and a total of £510 including Labour costs.

On this basis I agree to the repair. The heater matrix was ordered and when I returned to the garage for the work to be carried out I was then told that there will be an additional cost of £30 for air-conditioning gas and also that the work was more complicated than had first been envisaged because it involved stripping out the dashboard and so the cost of the work would now be £686 instead of the originally quoted £510.

When I returned the garage to collect the vehicle I was informed that the work is not solve the problem and that there was probably another issue such as the EGR cooler or alternatively the head gasket.

I was told that to carry out a further diagnosis would cost me another £120.

I settled the originally agreed bill of £686 and then went to an authorised Mazda dealer.

The Mazda dealer carried out their diagnosis and discovered that the problem was indeed a head gasket.

Because of the money spent on the unnecessary work recommended by your garage, I have been unable to have the head gasket replaced with the result is that despite the cold weather, I have been unable to heat the inside of the car.

I am enclosing a copy of an investigation report from Mazcare in Wolverhampton which confirms their diagnostic that the problem is indeed the head gasket and not the heater matrix as identified by you.

This means that the work which is carried out by you was unnecessary and has failed to repair the fault.

I’m writing to you to ask you to reimburse me the £686 which I spent with you as a result of your faulty diagnosis.

YF

I fully expect you will have to issue a letter of claim and so you should read around the forum about the steps involved in taking a small claim. It's not difficult but it's worth being aware of the steps in advance so that you feel confident about what you are doing.

Also, be sufficiently understanding of the steps and what it means that you are happy to send the letter of claim and then click off the claim on day 15 when they failed to respond to you.

I think you can be quite certain that you will have to issue the court papers. Don't imagine that you can send a letter of claim and they will simply fall into line. So don't bluff. Only send the letter of claim if you intend to go through with it otherwise you will simply lose credibility – but if you don't issue court papers then frankly you may as well give up