Shoosmith Screwfix Personal Guarantee court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was director of a company that went into liquidation in June 2020.

Since then I had received some personal correspondence from Shoosmith regarding debt owed to Screwfix however I was told to ignore it by the liquidators.

I have recently received a county court claim from them for monies owed under a personal guarantee signed in 2014. I had absolutely no idea I was signing a personal guarantee at the time and believe the account application form was misleading.

I attach the application form where clause G states about guarantee personal performance.  I have requested they provide a copy of the T & Cs noted on the application but they have not been able to provide these. Instead they sent me a 2020 version of the application which had the T & Cs included on the same document.

I have contacted them by email without prejudice stating several reasons for my defence (undue influence, negligent misrepresentation etc) and offered a minimal out of court settlement. But they replied that my defence is ‘hopeless’.

Any advice on how to defend this would be very much appreciated.

IMG_6717.jpg.pdf

IMG_6716.jpg.pdf

Welcome to the Forum.

I have moved your topic to the Financial Legal Issues forum...

Please read the following link and then copy the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Here's some late night reading for you

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/search/?q=screwfix&quick=1