G24 PCN - no Permit - Sports Direct & Matalan​​​​​​​, Heathcote Road, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3. Voluntary 73yrs Old NHS Responder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a charge notice for parking on a town carpark monitored by G24. 

I am a 73 year old NHS Responder and had an urgent request to collect emergency medication for a neighbour.  In my haste I parked as near to the pharmacy as I could, thinking I would be only a couple of minutes and also believing that the car park was free because of the lockdown. There was a queue in the pharmacy and it took me half an hour to get the medication.  My neighbour died shortly afterwards. 

I received the penalty notice from G24 demanding £100, and immediately responded with an appeal.  They claim they responded but I did not receive the letter. 

A second, identical, penalty notice arrived two months later and I again responded immediately with a copy of my previous letter.  G24 responded and denied my appeal, then referred me to an Independent Appeal Service in Macclesfield.  The IAS refuted my claim, saying I am out of time because I did not respond within 21 days when my first appeal was denied - this is because that communication did not reach me. G24 have confirmed that they are willing for my independent appeal to proceed but the IAS now want £15 to consider the appeal and have rejected my application. 

I cannot afford this amount and it is extremely unfair to penalise me for doing my Christian duty when a vulnerable person was in dire need.  I am an NHS Responder voluntarily and at my own expense, so why should I have to pay out £100 when consideration should be given to the circumstances surrounding the "misdemeanour".  Yes, I parked, but if an ambulance had parked, would there still have been a penalty charge ?  I was as much part of the NHS as an ambulance on that occasion and therefore I feel strongly that G24 should take the circumstances into account.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Please stop corresponding with IAS who are biased, or G24. If you have a read around our forum, you'll see that the system is stacked against the long-suffering motorist. But we're here to help. :)

If you could let us have the information requested in the forum sticky, we'll take it from there and advise you what to do.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

look closely too ...it doesnt say penalty notice anywhere on their paperwork.

it's a speculative invoice for breaking some imaginary contract the driver entered into by driving onto the private land which might or might not be managed on behalf of the landowner by G24.

as you 'work' for for the NHS i would be inclined to complain to your 'boss' at the NHS to get these quashed.

can we confirm you not have TWO invoices? for differing times and dates?

shame you appealed or wrote to the fleecers, you've probably dobbed yourself in as admitting to driving there, and now lost your protection under the POFA2012.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement  8th December 2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]  11th December 2020

3 Date received 15th December 2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes

7 Who is the parking company? G24

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Sports Direct & Matalan, Heathcote Road, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3 2NU

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

Working on putting all the documents into a single PDF to make things easier.

In answer to the query about two fines, both notifications refer to the same date, 8th December 2020. 

What I can't understand is why G24 claim to have received my first letter dated 15th December and denied my appeal, then sent a duplicate notice for the same misdemeanour. 

The IAS have said that because G24 denied my appeal on 30th December (a letter that did not reach me) I am now time-barred from appealing to them unless I pay £15, despite the letter from G24 saying that they are willing for me to follow the Standard Procedure. 

Clearly a put-up job and I'm not falling for it.

I hope I have done this correctly !

Thank you

D.

Doc File.pdf

• Like 1

In addition to the advice you are receiving here, I have to say that this is a disgraceful story. To do this to an NHS responder is disgusting and shows the industry for what it is.

Was your car marked at all? I suppose it wasn't – but in any event, once they receive further information they should have dropped it.

Would you be prepared to talk to the press? I may be able to get somebody take an interest and it seems to me that this situation should be named and shamed.

Not only would it help to sort out your problem – but it would also help others who also give their own time for free and yet find themselves on the end of this kind of treatment. You can be certain that you're not the only one – you just happen to be lucky enough to have found this forum.

they are not fines... where does anything state they are please?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to G24 PCN - no Permit - Sports Direct & Matalan​​​​​​​, Heathcote Road, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3. Voluntary 73yrs Old NHS Responder

ok i've tidied the thread and place your docs in your last post 

all the info is there now.

you might wish to answer bankfodders questions now

but the bottom line is you now ignore them until/unless you get a letter of claim and then we'll eat them for breakfast

and they

I don't really want to involve the Press as often everything gets taken out of context and they insist on publishing your age and personal details before anything else. 

I have already warned all my friends in the area about that car park and spoken with the two shops adjoining the car park, so they will also warn people that G24 are on the prowl all the time. 

As a volunteer with the NHS they don't actually do anything to assist, as it's just a case of "get on with it" and they won't take responsibility for any difficulty or cost you incur in the process of being kind and helpful at your own cost.  Although I am disillusioned by the system I still want to help people. 

The fact is that I would have paid the parking charge if I had thought the machines were in operation, as throughout the first lockdown they were not operative and were covered up, but on that day it was pouring with rain, dark and misty, and I was in such a hurry that I completely forgot to check whether the machines were functional.  My own fault, but in an emergency you don't always think of anything but the emergency itself. 

Thanks for your comments.

Thank you DX100uk.  I appreciate what you have done and I will do what you suggest.

It's not your own fault at all.  You were trying to save someone's life.  These companies are beyond contempt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2021 at 13:57, dx100uk said:

but the bottom line is you now ignore them until/unless you get a letter of claim and then we'll eat them for breakfast

that is not a letter of claim

please use PDF next time so we can zoom.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

If they did try court a snotty letter would be wortha go stating that as you are a NHS responder you were collecting drugs urgently required so was technically in same position as a delivery/collection courier attending the premises.  Judges dnm't like speculative claims against tradespeople and delivery couriers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

You are now one of five motorists who have come here for help regarding this car park.

Have a look at this new thread today  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/435620-g24-pcn-sports-direct-heathcote-rd-longton-stoke-on-trent-st3-2nu-not-paid-yet/

This person has reported that there are now large warning signs everywhere - but they've only been there a couple of months.  The only logical reason they would put up new signs is because the old ones were rubbish, or simply there weren't any signs.   

In post 8 there I've put the e-mail address of Sports Direct's CEO.  I suggest you e-mail, explain the situation, and request they have the charge withdrawn.  It might be a waste of time as this might not be Sports Direct's own car park - but on the other hand it may work.  Worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...

We have quite a few motorists here in the same boat as you, and several of you are doing great work in building up evidence against the fleecers.  It would be a good idea to keep an eye on each other's threads.  Do a search for "G24" or "Heathcote" in thread titles.  You can "follow" the threads too and be automatically e-mailed when there are new posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

If it helps i got G24 to overturn mine at this site. 

I have evidence that there were no signs they claimed on site at the  time of arrival. They initially rejected (as expected) my appeal.

They since my appeal added said signs and removed said pay and dsplay machines

They ignored me 30+ times. until the point i said, reply or i will see you within court with the evidence against you.

Funnily enough, they cancelled my invoice within the hour.

I contacted the IPC (I know its a kangeroo court, but bear with me).. i told them their operators are comitting fraud. As expected they replied with 'not upto us'

So. i asked them to confirm that they were complicit with the fraud allowing their operator to proceed under their ATA authority.

What do you know, they're now looking into it...

G24 ANPR PCN - no Permit - only 1hrs free parking ! Sports Direct & Matalan, Heathcote Road, Longton, Stoke on Trent ST3. - **WON** - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

There's a new thread  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/437521-g24-anpr-pcn-no-permit-only-1hrs-free-parking-sports-direct-matalan heathcote-road-longton-stoke-on-trent-st3-won/  where the OP has done magnificent work and sussed out (a) when the fleecers could be bothered to put up an entrance sign and (b) when they could finally be pestered to cart away the confusing inactive pay machines.          

The OP's digging would be fundamental to batting away a future court claim and exposing the fleecers' lies.

Please "Follow" the various threads at this car park so you are kept abreast of developments, I can't remember every single time to keep all of you informed.

important news

and they

• 2 months later...

Have a look at OkYeah's thread from post 47 onwards  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/437743-g24-anpr-pcn-matalan-heathcote-rd-longton-stoke-on-trent-st3-2nu-cancelled-after-mp-intervention/page/2/#comments

OkYeah has successfully seen off these crooks.

It would be a good idea if all of you in the same Heathcote Road boat "followed" each other's threads so you get updates automatically.