Mis sold alloy warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not sure if this is the right place but ill tell my story

I bought a brand new car in october 2019. I refused all add ons as I always do. All except the alloy wheel cover, it covers for any damage at all even a small scrape and I think I could get something like 15 wheel repairs for the 3 years of this warranty. I agreed to get this as the car I was putting in as part ex, the allow wheels were a mess where I constantly scraped curbs 🙈🤷‍♀️.

The sales guy said it would be good buy as respraying one wheel could be £100+ and judging by the state of the ones I had on the car I was part exing it would be a good investment, I believed him 🙈🤷‍♀️

As it turned out the wheels on my new car are bubble tyres which means that the tyre protrudes from the allow so unless I drive into a curb with a metal stick jutting out its pretty impossible to scrape the alloy.

I realised this about 4months after purchasing the car. I believe I've been miss sold the £450 alloy warranty.

Where do I stand in getting this refunded.

Thank you

I am not sure how you consider that the warranty was mis-sold to you,  as you have admitted that you have previously consistently damaged the alloys on your car and this would have influenced the salesman to suggest that it would be a wise choice. If you did damage a wheel, irrespective of the 'bubble' tyres, whatever they are, this is still a possibility and only then could you test the validity of the warranty.

You  have taken 18 months since the purchase before asking the question, buyer's remorse would not wash in court.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I feel it was mis sold because it was sold using the fact I'd constantly scraped the curb with my previous car (which is true) so was a given that I'd need and use it (the warranty) however with the style of the tyres on my new car I could scrape the curb all day long and it wouldn't affect the alloys because of the style of the tyres. This was never explained to me and was pointed out some months later by another car salesman 

If this wheel warranty was part of the package – it was sold to you at the same time as the car, then you may will have grounds for complaint.

However it could be tricky. What company has provided the warranty? Is this provided by the dealer themselves?

should be easy, just like PPI was , a useless bolt on.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you identify what you call 'bubble' tyres? a photograph would help, together with the make and model of vehicle.

I do not see how the rims can be fully protected by the tyre, which being pneumatic will have a degree of compliance the result being that at certain angles there is still a risk of rim damage.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Some tyres have what is called rim protectors. It’s an extra part in the side wall that give some protection against kerb marks, but it’s only a piece of rubber and it is absolutely  possibly to deform it and damage the wheel, so if the op was prone to marking them it would be of benefit. Also if you change the tyres the next set might not have the feature. 

7 hours ago, dx100uk said:

should be easy, just like PPI was , a useless bolt on.

No, it's not. Just as GAP and other insurance's, when supplied and used correctly, this type of insurance can save the driver\owner a fortune. Some diamond cut alloy's are over £1,000's

Rim protectors won't help all the time and a replacement set of tyres may not have them at all.

Not useless at all. Generally, generalisations like the one above are sweepingly unhelpfull. Or wrong.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.