My Hermes parcel -paid out by Packlink **Settled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I sold two graphics card to customers on eBay, i used the pacelink to create postage and drop off both items at the same parcel shop, my both parcel were tempered and both of different customer said they received the puppy training pads instead of graphics cards.

I use the default insurance on both £25 each.

When i raised the claim to pacelink Hermes admitted for one the parcel that it was damaged, pacelink has issued me £25 which i told them i am not accepting but they still transferred the compensation into my account.

Both of items sold for £780 and £790 respectively.

I had to refund both customer, in total it cost me £780+£789.

I want to claim my money back because my both parcels were tempered because i used clear tape when I packed the parcels and when customer received it it was packed with brown tape, in addition to that both customers received puppy training pads of same colour.

I have all the photo avoidance provided by the customers. Conveniently whenever i used royal mail customer received the items perfectly and this time i used Hermes through pacelink and both customer did not received the items.

I have 100% feedback on eBay and sold 5 graphics card in which two were lost through Hermes. 

I did recording of both items when doing the packaging. when can been seen at the following urls.

I know the process that i have to write them a letter which i will sent at the following address. Please help me if you have any sample letter. Please help me if i am missing something

Hermes Parcelnet Ltd, 
Capitol House, 
1 Capitol Close, 
Morley 
LS27 0WH

Could we see the photographic evidence of the parcels when they were received please.

Also, did you take video footage of the wrapping of the other ones which you sent by Royal mail and which arrived successfully?

What was the declared value of these parcels when they were dispatched?

Please see the images for the first customer after they received the package and box is in good condition. which is showing brown tape is used and i used the clear tape to pack the box. so someone has repackaged the box after taking out the graphics card, the second image is showing the puppy pads inside the box.

959746165_gigbyteaorus1.thumb.png.d503179f3255f4a1c6dcd7b24b5242e0.png158827253_gigabyegigbyteaorus2.thumb.png.1953a9ef938f2a8bca9eb0b8e6521b0e.png

The second customer received the box which is showing its damaged, and its also contains the same puppy pads, in the first image you can see brown tape is used as well.

1929853976_s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.14bb26c500d14de094c41767a6bcda5d.jpg610484269_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.5fe37ff3763c94682e5bb41b3fc4196e.jpg1365448204_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.52090d44700c9f204bd866b3cb28fc92.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.ed67d2b54645866471e964c920c6d090.jpg

I am sorry about the wrong count of graphics cars sold in my previous post, in total i sold 4 cards two with royal mail, which i did not make any recordings. When i started selling the graphics cards, the first graphic card was sent by royal mail and it was delivered with positive feedback from customer on Ebay which can been seen in following picture.  I was warned by my friend that he was scammed on eBay when he sold iPhone but after receiving the package customer opened a case on Ebay that the box was empty so my friend lose his phone and money, so he advise me to do the recordings of packaging whenever i am selling something on Ebay.

1570860216_FirstGraphicCardpositivefeedback..thumb.png.73bbd3d4d6276306a7e35fc6f1f2771b.png

Sowhen 2nd and 3rd graphic cards was stolen by Hermes I was so disappointed that i stopped doing any recording and stopped using Hermes. Then i sold the 4th graphics card, which was delivered by royal mail and customer got it and and i received positive feedback from him which can be seen in the following pictures. So i did not make any recording for the graphics cards i sent by royal mail but they did delivered successfully and i received positive feedback from customers.

1493024628_3rdGraphicCardpositivefeedback..thumb.png.6e1225f07062c9c3638fbe727d4a10d1.png

You can see the actual positive feedback from customer who received the graphics cars through royal mail in the following image. 

1993356553_positivefeedback.thumb.png.6264694c6e9779bb1248953377e69266.png

I declared the both parcels value when i booked them using pace link £790 and £780. Both were delivered to customer with contents missing.  You can see the booking receipts in the following images.

619388044_simonastley.thumb.png.850f875847262b19f5e2642e685128bd.png546833102_pacelinkRexSpencer.thumb.png.237f49c4e047db14aa26680b5c7a6c82.png

Please advise me. Thanks 

Edited by Sam Kadar

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why you were forewarned about Hermes, you had already had a successful delivery with Royal mail – and despite this new went on to send two of these valuable items by means of Hermes.

Because the customers buy these over the weekend and i described in the ebay listing that next day delivery, and none of the royal mail drop off points were opened in my area over the weekend. I wanted to deliver these to customers as soon as possible. Because i never had any issue before with Hermes i booked both with Hermes using pacelink. I never knew that Hermes has so bad reputation until this happened to me.

14 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why you were forewarned about Hermes, you had already had a successful delivery with Royal mail – and despite this new went on to send two of these valuable items by means of Hermes.

I completely agree with you now, that i should have waited for Monday to send these parcel by Royal Mail, I could have told the customers about the delay as well. I just never thought that it will happened to me, being a disabled person, its more easy for me to drop off at Hermes because most of the time there is no queue at the Hermes drop off point, but royal mail is 98% of the time is busy and i had to wait in the queue. I can only regret now that i should not have used the Hermes. 

Edited by Sam Kadar

Have you put a formal claim into Hermes?

I think you should put formal claims into Hermes in respect of each one. I suggest that you leave it about five days apart so that they are treated completely separately.

Hermes of course will refuse to compensate you – but then we will help you begin a legal action against them.

Once again, I think that your best interests will be served by claiming and suing for only one of them – and then the second one separately once you have the result of the first one.

We will help you all the way – but you need to start off by reading around the stories on the sub- forum about Hermes complaints and actions against Hermes. You need to understand the mediation process – and there are lots of good summaries on the sub- forum. Also you should read around on this website about the steps involved bringing a small claim in the County Court.

Begin the claims process with Hermes so that you get a denial of liability – and then we will go to the next step.

hi please check the content of letter. 

To

Hermes Parcelnet Ltd,

Capitol House,

1 Capitol Close,

Morley

LS27 0WH

Dear Sir

I posted an item through (Pacelink)Hermes on 7 February 2021 with tracking number: 1732380759006010. The customer received the item but the package was tempered and content of package was missing. Please see the photos which customers sent, he found tissue papers inside the box but the graphics card worth of £780 was missing.

Now because of your poor service my item worth of £780 was stolen by your staff member. I had to refund the customer with full amount of £780.

In my view you should pay me £780 as soon as possible. Otherwise, I will be taking this matter to County Court as well as I will be claiming for all the damages with interest. You have 14 working day to give you response after you received my claim letter. If I did not get a satisfactory response you, I will take this matter to county court.

Regards

my details with phone, email and address (do i need to mention my address?)

Have you actually gone into the proper complaints process with Hermes?

I think you are better off going into their proper complaints process – even if you only allow it to go on for 10 days or so – but I think it's important to show that you made an attempt to solve this through normal channels.

Secondly, I hope you won't mind me saying that I think that you should look up the dictionary the meaning of the word "tempered" which you are using all the time.

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Have you actually gone into the proper complaints process with Hermes?

I think you are better off going into their proper complaints process – even if you only allow it to go on for 10 days or so – but I think it's important to show that you made an attempt to solve this through normal channels.

Secondly, I hope you won't mind me saying that I think that you should look up the dictionary the meaning of the word "tempered" which you are using all the time.

I am sorry i find this forum bit hard to navigate can you please provide me the link where i can see any sample complain letter, so the letter text i sent in my previous post is not a complaint letter?

Secondly i don't mind at all if you are correcting me, English is not my first language and it is much appreciated that you correcting me, i have found the correct word "tampered". Thanks  

There is no sample letter for this kind of thing. All the very circumstances are generally speaking so dissimilar – that you need to make your own letter.

I have no doubt that Hermes has a complaints process and that is what you need to engage with. I'm not saying that their complaints process is any good. In fact as far as I hear, it is rubbish – but you need to begin it and to make sure that you keep copies of screenshots, any emails or letters so that you can show that you have raised a complaint with them and after waiting a reasonable time, say, 10 days to 14 days, you gave up or else they declined your complaint and then you decided to start taking formal action.

Sorry, but resolver is not Hermes. Resolver are a sort of independent arbitration system – and by and large, not massively effective. When companies refused to reach a resolution, then resolver has no further role. They certainly won't help you take legal action.

If you want to take this further – you must follow our advice – otherwise there is nothing we can do.

I've said that you have to find Hermes complaints procedure and put your complaint through there.

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

Sorry, but resolver is not Hermes. Resolver are a sort of independent arbitration system – and by and large, not massively effective. When companies refused to reach a resolution, then resolver has no further role. They certainly won't help you take legal action.

If you want to take this further – you must follow our advice – otherwise there is nothing we can do.

I've said that you have to find Hermes complaints procedure and put your complaint through there.

Ok sure I want to follow your advise, i was not able to find there contact details apart from their online, let me ring them ask about it. Sorry for inconvenience which my last post has caused you. I will get back to you. Thanks 

It's not hundred percent necessary step but it is a reasonable step to take before launching into any legal action.

This is the kind of value which might tip them into going to a court hearing – in which case I think the judge would prefer to know that you had attempted to follow proper channels before launching into litigation.

It's not hundred percent necessary step but it is a reasonable step to take before launching into any legal action.

This is the kind of value which might tip them into going to a court hearing – in which case I think the judge would prefer to know that you had attempted to follow proper channels before launching into litigation.

I cannot get hold of them on the phone their automated voice is suggesting to contact pacelink, and through chat I can only see the tracking of parcel which it is showing delivered with proof of delivery. Its driving me crazy now. I cannot hold of them. I have done a tweet to them on tweeter as well. Only thing I can do is send them the letter. which i send you before. Is it not sort of complaint letter? 

Then get their address and simply send a letter to them. Tell them that you want to raise a complaint and that these are the facts. Given the tracking number.

Make sure that you are needing with one of the graphic cards.

If you don't get any reply – or if they decline your claim after 10 days – 14 days – then we will go from there to the next step which will be a letter of claim.

In your letter you should refer to the fact that you have made attempts to complain to them by email but to no avail and therefore you are writing.

Address your letter to "the complaints department" – and then the full address of them

Then get their address and simply send a letter to them. Tell them that you want to raise a complaint and that these are the facts. Given the tracking number.

If you don't get any reply – or if they decline your claim after 10 days – 14 days – then we will go from there to the next step which will be a letter of claim.

perfect thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2021 at 14:56, BankFodder said:

perfect thanks.

Hi

Just to inform you that the claim i have opened with packlink, they have accepted that both of the parcel content was stolen. I have got the payment of one parcel £780 from them and for the second payment £790 is now in process. Thanks for your help, i will definitely do some donations. keep up the good work and support you are providing. Thanks 

I'm trying to understand what you cause you're back of me and it doesn't make sense. This is my dictation software again. 

What did I mean by "needing"

Well. They have actually paid out on one card and they are about to pay out on the 2nd . That is an amazing result

It's the second time that it has happened but still very unexpected

Well done 

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I'm trying to understand what you cause you're back of me and it doesn't make sense. This is my dictation software again. 

What did I mean by "needing"

sorry for this I mistakenly entered my keyboard button and this reply was created.

2 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Well. They have actually paid out on one card and they are about to pay out on the 2nd . That is an amazing result

It's the second time that it has happened but still very unexpected

Well done 

Yes i agree i was not expecting this but i am happy that i did not had to go all the way. They did not accept their fault though and paid me for both cards as good will gesture. Thanks for your help and support as well as replying promptly. I will be more careful in future that i will not be sending any high value items without insurance. Thanks 

I'm going to say now that the insurance would have made no difference. Once they lose the parcel then generally speaking we are finding that they decline responsibility even though it is insured

• BankFodder changed the title to My Hermes parcel -paid out by Packlink **Settled**