Goskippy

Gemma19194
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 15/1/2021 i was traveling along hazlebarrow cresent which is on my estate at around 30mph, its a tight road with cars parked along the left hand side, as i proceeded through, a van ( which was parked on my left hand side, facing towards me) pulled out from the side of the road, he stopped the van which resulted in the van being at an angled stationary position on the road.

I braked immediately but the ice and snow skidded my tyres, i skidded into the drivers side of his van, my car bounced off his van and sent my vehicle head first into the back of a parked car ( which was originally parked at the back of the van before he set off from the side of the road.

I will refer to the van driver as MR S. ( im going to attach a street view picture and diagram which will be more helpful in understanding how the accident took place ect) .

The owner of the parked car, which i will refer to as Mr T came out of his house. Myself, mr S and mr T exchanged details and took photos, then i left the scene as my first concern, understandably was to contact my midwife and the hospital.

I live just round the corner from the scene of the accident so i slowly drove my car to my property.

An engineer had collected my car, deemed in a total loss as the damage was more than 66% of its total value and written my car off .

i had a call from a lady from AX and she said they have valued the car and i will be paid out £2200 . i asked when and she said ' we will send you a cheque out for £358 in the post, and the remaining balance will be paid out by Admiral but this may take a few weeks more' .

I didnt hear anything for around 2 weeks i contacted AX again for an update, she told me that admiral are refusing liability and there now in dispute. Every time i contacted them they said the same thing ' admiral are refusing liability'.

i asked them why admiral consider them not liable and she read from the notes ' MR S said he was driving along the road, the Corsa ( my vehicle) was at high speed coming towards me , i beeped my horn and tried moving out of the way but i couldn't because of the ice and the snow and the Corsa hit my van' .

What can i do? 

pix.pdf

Thank you. As I've already indicated to you I'm trying to keep this thread dedicated simply to the question of the accident liability. The other thread can deal with financial issues but it was getting cluttered.

So I've edited some of your thread.

I see the on the other thread my site team colleague @dx100uk has commented about speed and weather conditions and so forth. Of course these are highly relevant that they aren't the only factors.

I have asked you on three occasions at least now to put up a sketch diagram. I'm not sure why you haven't done this.

My understanding from you is that van was parked on the left-hand side but facing the traffic – in other words "on the wrong side of the road". Is this correct?

I see the in your account above the third party driver – the van driver – claims that he was simply driving along the road – which suggest that he must been driving on his side of the road. What you want to say about that?

Your sketch diagram should be reasonably large please. I want to get a sense of the width of the road in relation to the cars on it. I want to get a sense of where you say that and was parked and what other parked vehicles were around it.

Also, please send your insurer and SAR. Send one also to AX you had better send one to the other sides insurance as well.

Have you got copies of any documentation? Presumably you made a written report of the accident – please can you post up the copy of what you did here in PDF format.

Have you got anybody else's statements?

The left hand side of the road was full with parked cars - including the van driver . the road is so tight its not possible for 2 vehicles to pass through. I was driving in the middle of the line in the road when the van pulled out from my left hand side .

Im attatching images but there not showing.

Im not sure what SAR means but i will google this.

I have an email that i sent to AX on request of a statement of the accident. I can screenshot and upload this as not sure how to on PDF format.

No,I don't have anyone else's statements.

Presumably you have got the name and address of the van driver. Do you have the insurance details of the van driver?

We need to start getting hold of other people statements. It's extremely unfair that Skippy are making decisions on your behalf and not showing you any of the so-called – evidence – or lack of evidence that they apparently know about.

I'm a bit concerned that in your account though you talk about driving along at 30 miles an hour and then after the accident you talk about driving "slowly".

What kind of van was it? Do you know what I was doing there? Was it there because the driver was working or is that where they live? 

Was there a passenger in the van?

What about the road conditions? You say that there was ice and snow but was it dark? Did people have their lights on? Did the van driver have his lights on?

Yes i have all the van drivers details .

I referred to ' driving slowly' to my property because the front end of my vehicle was badly damaged , the bonnet was completely cumbled- exposing the engine underneath. I drove slowly as i was scared of my car catching fire or something whilst i was inside . i drove around 2mp round the corner to my property.

It was a transit van, no passengers in the van. He had been in the area working. He lives in another city.

It was 16:25pm, no lights on any vehicles as it was day light. 

Thank you. That's very helpful.

We would like the diagrams please.

I understand that you have completed a written report or statement or completed a form with your account of the accident – but you haven't kept a copy for yourself. Is this correct?

i have put the diagrams in to a PDF so we know who is viewing them and to make it easy to zoom.

should you wish to start any kind of private action against the other party we wouldn't want them to view them without becoming a member

posted directly to screen means anyone can see them.

as i indicated on the other thread, i don't think you will have much if a chance of avoiding 50/50 or even worse on this

it doesn't matter what the van driver did or didn't do wrong, the ins co' will have looked at the photos of your car and its damage and concluded your speed etc for the prevalent road conditions was not appropriate, esp as you live there know the road layout well and have indicated it's issues of narrow 1 lane travel . you should not have been travelling at such a speed (regardless to whether that was legal or not) to not be able to take the correct driving actions to avoid such an accident..

sorry.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a copy of my written report , bare with me whilst i find this out. Its not very long as AX told me to just explain the start and finish of the accident. Also, i had explained the accident to them around 50 times via the telephone before they requested a statement.

Is this diagram good enough or do you need me to draw one out ? 

pix.pdf

Dx100uk  to be honest im not bothered about avoiding 50/50 liability.  I have got to the point were i just want this situation to be done with , even if that means being 50% liable.

It causing me sever stress and sleepless nights - last thing i need 6 and half month pregnant. 

Yes please I would like diagrams – carefully drawn – maybe two of them. Showing just before and then after the accident – with parked cars et cetera. You posted that picture above several times already and I keep on asking you for a diagram.

I like to get a sense of the width of the road and may be after I have see them come back and ask you more questions about them.

I suggest that you use schematic vehicles – with a number in each one 1,2,,3 and a key to Who's Who.

the van was stationary when hit..... sorry end of the matter.

it doesn't matter he p'haps  'did something wrong' 

its like say running a child over and saying well if he didn't run in the road he wouldn't of got hit....

you should not have been driving in a manner be it legal or not, whereby you could not take the necessary actions to avoid it.

so where do you now stand, what is not resolved to a manner which you feel this is unfair to you...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry but I don't necessarily agree with my site team colleague above. I'd like to see diagrams and understand the situation fully before making a judgement.

I've been asking for a diagram since Thursday evening – and I'm still not sure why we don't have one.

I understand that the van was pulling out from a parking position.

Dx100uk well not really, considering he pulled out on me from the side of the road. He should have gave way. Why do you think he has told a different story to his insurance ?

Because he knows if he has said he pulled out on me he would be held liable.

He pulled away from my left hand side then braked- leaving his van in an angled position, it literally happened within the space of a split second

Still waiting for these diagrams.

We've been dealing with this story for nearly 48 hours now and we are only starting to understand exactly what happened and we still haven't got information that we've asked for.

That is exactly what was needed.  Thanks

Is it flat? Or is there any kind of incline? Even a gentle incline?

Can you tell me about the camber at exactly that part of the road.

Also, please can you post a Google Street view link

Anyone wishing to view the location, it is Hazlebarrow ROAD, Jordanthorpe, Sheffield, not Hazlebarrow Crescent as the OP originally stated.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hazlebarrow+Rd,+Jordanthorpe,+Sheffield/@53.3250213,-1.4622265,58m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879830fcbc4e607:0xa8514d877d9f3e37!8m2!3d53.3252332!4d-1.4624469

The OP has inverted the direction, ie they were  travelling Southerly, rather than towards the North as Google Maps are orientated.

Streetview would seem to indicate that there is little incline or camber.

• Thanks 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Please can you indicate on this image where the van was parked

image.png

You can download it and then mark it using Windows paint

So you are saying that the van was parked – and pulled out – from the place exactly where the white vehicle is now in the satellite image. Is this correct?

What colour was the van?

Also, can you remember what condition it was in, generally? I may have asked you this before.

Was in good condition or do you think that it had scrapes and dents et cetera on it? Was it an old van or a new van? What age do you think?