• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

JCI/BW Letter of Claim - old Talk Talk Broadband debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Well over a year ago, I moved from one area of the UK to another. Where I was moving from ,I had TalkTalk fibre broadband, was happy with them and had no issues.

A week or two before I left, I started planning the whole internet and phone move, called up TalkTalk and found out they weren't able to suplly the fibre where I was moving to. They could only infact offer a minimal ADSL connection.  I said that I would probably cancel it, but I would look into it. Later on the very same day, I foudn out only Virgin and another company had services at the property so TalkTalk were out. It called, cancelled propty and left it at that. I eft the new address as a forwarding address for the final bills etc... too. Months later, a DCA is on my case for the tune of £190 something.

I joined them on 1st August, left on 10thish of November. There was an outstanding about £25ish.

I've spoken to the complaints department, they weren't budging, I've tried the execs and they were the ones that passed it to a DCA, which is about to go nuclear.

how it stands now...

Officially speaking, if they want to knit-pick, the connection came with a £100  welcome gift card for someone who stayed at least 3 months, which I did..., they weren't able to supply the connection, were told to cancel, and planned otherwise. They STILL don't have jurisdiction over this building so they wouldn't be able to supply the services.

Now BWLegal claim that they've repeatedly tried to get a hold of me (lies) about this bill and now they're planning to go legal on 13th March.

They literally sent me a  letter with a realistic 1 week notice period on it, but officially they've backdated it by a month.

I'm left in a predicament. I dont want to phone them as I like everything in writing, because of corona things will be late, so they've literally tried to shaft me here for a contract that doesn't exist.

The  letter they sent me is literaly a "Letter of Claim" with some Citizens advice page attached, income and expenditure forms etc... I refuse to fill it in as as far as I know, this is resolved, or at the worst there's a small sum outstanding. 

Or I could be really brutal and be clear and say they owe me 60-80 for the gift card, but I dont really care about that.

I've literally just found a good job after a long horrible period and it feels like they're using the upcoming "freedom" as a reason to start their antics.

All they ask for to stop the legal action is a "reason" ut it appears they''ve gota 3rd hand account that's been sold around as it's in some name like JC International now?

Shoud I:

1) Ignore them and contact TT directly? I've got the executive email address so usually get a swift response. 

2) Treat it as any other hot air DCA's blow out ? No proof has been given o far, no copies of paperwork, so it's just  "pay now, this much" letter.

3) Make an example of this and let it do to court, explain to the courts what's going on and let them deal with the issue?

What concerns me is their underhanded tactics....

any help would help...

Cheers,

Ade

Hi Ade,

Stop speaking to them by phone and keep contact in writing only, which you've said you prefer.

Send TT a SAR by post immediately. The data you get back should enable you to see what they think you owe, and how it's made up.

Also write to BW Legal confirming you dispute the alleged debt owed to TT and have written to TT seeking data, so BWL must stop demands until TT have replied to the SAR you've sent them.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• dx100uk changed the title to JCI/BW Letter of Claim - old Talk Talk Broadband debt

if you read the letter carefully you'll see its nothing to do with talk talk anymore

the debt has been sold to JCI who are the stated client on the BW letter

you must reply within 30 days.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can talktalk pass on a debt that was in dispute?

Is there a template I can send back? They shoulve have ALL the information anyway seeing as they took the debt over.

Not only that, I didnt get notified by talktalk that a debt was being passed on.

I'm looking over it now and will do it this weekend.

The parts asking for phone number and mail, I dont specifically want to give those out as they're for family use only.. Can I forgo those?

the debt has been sold not passed on and yes there is no legislation that prevent a disputed debt being sold.

as for your other questions go read post 4 of that thread again carefully

it's all there.

dx

and they

I did see not to give those details out, but as these could wind up official court forms, I dont want to be on the wrong side of it.

the areas in boxes D and I, is it ok to say ""refer to appendix A, refer to appendix B"? There s a REALLy long list of "what the hell" I want out of them as this is making zero sense. Not only that, I've got a long list of "this is the hell" I need to send back in the dispute too.

not sure what you think is going on but they are nothing to do with any official court forms...

it's merely a process and fleecing debt buyer must go thru should they be thinking of requesting northants bulk issue a speculative court claim on their behalf.

just send it as is dont change it.

as for d: just put .....the debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation.

dx

and they

Done.

I wont be able to send the SAR until the end of the month for TT as I wont get paid until then and I'm a little out of pocket as its my first month working after a spell of no work. Wil that be an issue?

Also what's to stop people jsut selling ficticious debts off? As far as I know, a telecoms provider can't charge you when you move and they can't supply, meaning that a large proportion of that debt is ficticious?

Edited by adridude

pers i wouldn't bother with the SAR but its free now, i think you might have read an old post and not just clicked sar <<

as for what you might owe or not, i suspect you were on say a 12mths contract? and you cancelled before the end of that?

so thus there will be a sort of till end of term payments that should have been made or a fee for contract cancellation, that's what we typically find out.

as for it being actually due, thats another totally different matter. but as 100'000's of people blindly wet themselves when they get a dca letter thinking they are a bailiff, you can't blame them for trying to fleece you.

if you want to get upto speed, NOT that yours will go this way BUT no harm in learning their scams.

type in

JC international

or

JCI

in our search on the right of our top red banner 

and they

I do owe part of that debt though as far as  can recollect, like I said about $40 of it. But I'm still waiting for the £75 gift card that was due to be sent as part f the contract. But as I'm a fair person I'm happy to draw a line under it if they jsut write it off, clear the credit report and dont bother with the remainder of whats owed on the gift card balance.

Thats leads me to another question. As the debt is now owned by JCI, does that mean that THEY now owe me the gift card balance, or does this still lie with talktalk?

Edited by adridude

i quite honestly can't see it going anywhere its not worth their while

they just hoped you were a mug.

any issues with the contract etc are still the original 'creditors' problem, that's why they sold the debt on. bogus debt ....

and they

Thats fine then. I'm a fair person, so they can keep that card. But if this does go to court, i will use that as my *wild card* (excuse the punn). I did have a good old laugh when I sw that JCI appear along side the name Moriarty alot. I would have through basing your business name on the arch enemy of one of the worlds most loved detectives would be a really bad business idea.

Haha, haven't laughted that much in a while!

YOu say send it first class, get a free Proof of Postage, but would it make any difference if I get it recorded?

As there's under a week left before their cut off date, I just want to ensure 100% they receive it before the date, and have evidence that they did when they receive it.

2nd class will do... don't waste money, all you have to do it prove you sent it.

the time limit is not a case of they can and will issue a claim.

PAPLOC is merely a process they must now go thru as so many fleecing debt buyers were issuing speculative court claims and abusing the court system as a method of debt collection with no real hope of success other than wet yourself syndrome or default judgements as everything was sent to old addresses mostly on purpose.

and they

As bottom of post 10

and they

Ok cool found a few. Just to confirm.

1) Wait for the claim to arrive in the post.

2) use the template with the claim details (bar pesonal details etc...) BY tempalte I meant the one here: Link

And take it from there?

Sorry, I'm not usually this unsure, but this is totally new terratory for me! last hting I want is to do something wrong when it comes to the legal side of things...

Edited by adridude

1) a very remote IF....

2, no you post the results of that questionnaire to a post as text.

my links were not so much to be used to inform you how to deal with a remote chance of a court claim..

but more for you to understand the whole creation of the fake debt process...

not sure what device you use but incase its one that doesn't show my red text below all posts...

i shall post it in this msg body...

and they

and they

Ah right... It's ok, I'm already aware they push their luck but I didnt realise they actually went this far with what is aobviously a fleecing. Cheers for the info!

I flit between devices, so all sorts could have happened there haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an update. BW wrote me back with:

Dear Mr.....

We write in reference to the above matter and your recent correspondence.

plase see enclosed your Notice of Assignment for your records.

We act on behalf f our client JCI. Out cients claim is for the sum of £190 and is in relation to moneys due owing underyour subscription with TT - Faster under account number xxx. You entered into the subsription with the original creditor on xxx, your last repayment was xxx and your default date was 6 months later (after I left the address).

We can confirm that we have queried for your last 3 copy blls from our client and we will send you these once we have obtained these.

Please note that once we have sent your last three copy bills we ave sent you all the information that we hold for your account, for any firther information please contact the original creditor directly as we do not contact third parties.

Love Legal Butchers

Some observations I've made:

1. The Notice of Assignment is on JCI letterhead, and not TT letterhead, so TT still hasn't told me this was reasigned
  2. In the NOA letter mentioned in 1, they JCI state that I should not contact TT as the account is no longer with them HOWEVER BW tell me to contact them?
  3. There's another NOA on BW letterhead stating that they aquied it from JCI.
  4. They keep referring to Ts and C's of TT which I asked for, but still havent received. SO no mention of the moving date, TT's inability to supply service either...
  5. I noticed on my credit report that Lowell ALSO have my TT account? Never had any contact with them about this ever?

So I'm stuck with conflicting contact TT/don't contact TT, no contract which they keep referring to and a debt which is purely due to TT not being able to supply service.

Who should I get hold of really and how? I've got 3 parties here, all different. Also what should I do aout the Lowell thing? Never heard a peep from them about this? Just rnadom text messages stating that they're always there to help... Help me wih what, no idea. My phone marks them as spam and bins them anyway.

Cheers

Ad

1. jci are quite entitled to send an NOA on their letterhead. the original owner doesn't have to send you anything.

2.you could send TT an sar if you wish.

3. BW don't buy debts so there can't be another NOA. their letters will state their client xxx. who is?

4. not your problem.

5.its unusual for BW to work for JCI, they normally work for lowells, and JCI typically use moriarty.

i would however ensure the stated owners of any debt upon your credit file are informed in writing of your correct and current address should you have moved in recent times

and they

Just to confirm, sar's are now free? I think you mentioned it earlier. So no £2 cheque/PO?

BW's client is JCI, as per the letter and NOA

BW is definitely representing JCI, but Lowells is definitely showing as having the account (telecoms, with the same amount) on my redit report.

Just to add, everyone was informed of my address. Talktalk were the first to be informed before I even informed my family that I found a new place to move to....

Also in regards to the SAR, for pure interest sakes, can I ask for "invoices and/or receipts relating to the sale or purchase of my account".

It'd just be interesting to see what they sold my account for JCI / whoever for. I'm also wondering if they double sold the account...

an sar is for everything about YOU

if you mean the deed no you wont ever see that.

and they

TalkTalk were given my new address both when I checked to see if they could do the home move, and a few months later when querying the letters from JCI.

The NOA from JCI state that I shouldnt contact TalkTalk as the account is no longer with them, but the BWL letter tells me to refer to the original creditor. I'm lost now, talk about being baffled with bull****

**edit** So who should I tell that this is in dispute? The whole lot of them outlining facts, or just TT?

Edited by adridude