Compensation for default notices?

robert_harper_2000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have helped my brother get his few charges back and at the end he signed this is an end to claiming anything further but I read the newsletter about Robertxc or something and he managed to claim compensation for a default notice £750! or they could remove it - they paid?

Is this right can we claim for compensation for the default notices ( even thought some accounts have been refunded charges )

Thanks!

Help me to help others!

Robert, I don't know whether you can claim or not but if you're ever given the choice of money or removal of default I'd take the default option everyday as long as the money was less than £10k.

A Default even a small one can cost thousands of extra pounds over 6 years via increased interest rates etc.

Compensation for failure to comply with certain requirements. 13. - (1) An individual who suffers damage by reason of any contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of this Act is entitled to compensation from the data controller for that damage.

(2) An individual who suffers distress by reason of any contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of this Act is entitled to compensation from the data controller for that distress if-

(a) the individual also suffers damage by reason of the contravention, or

(b) the contravention relates to the processing of personal data for the special purposes.

(3) In proceedings brought against a person by virtue of this section it is a defence to prove that he had taken such care as in all the circumstances was reasonably required to comply with the requirement concerned.

Help me to help others!