Barclays Overdraft and PRA - Removing non-enforceable default from DCA

bencm91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Apologies if i've missed a thread about this but i've tried looking for quite some time and not seen any recent threads about this. Thanks for all your help prior to this with such easy to follow threads and advice.

PRA Group have come back to me after I submitted a request for the original agreement saying their client can't find it but have said the following

I can now inform you that we have been unable to retrieve this documentation.

The result of this being that your account is currently classified as unenforceable, which means we are not able to take legal action to recover the balance.

The debt is still legally owed and we will continue to contact you & report to the CRAs (where appropriate).

It is possible for your account to become enforceable in future, if we receive the appropriate paperwork from the original creditor – we will make you aware if this becomes the case.

What should my next move be to have this debt removed from my credit files?

Regards

How long go was the debt?
When was the last missed payment?
What date was it defaulted?

The debt (what is it and type and OC)  would have been defaulted by the OC upon or before sale.

Just because they haven't got a compliant cca doesn't mean it must be removed nor that they have to cease reporting worthless monthly calendar markers

So june 2016 is the defaulted date and it will vanish from your file on its 6th b'day.

Btw:  pra buy debts..they dont chase for clients.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know they purchase debts, however the issue i've had with the bank (Barlcays, Unplanned Overdraft) is that there were a bunch of OD fees and FX fees which made up this overdraft caused by an issue related to how debit card transactions happen overseas. I've currently got an FOS complaint open about it which took a while to raise as I was living overseas and had a number of issues at the time which delayed me taking the complaint forwards.

So, is my only option is to wait it out?

Thanks

Well if the default was unfair because of the way Barclays treated you..then that will come out in the fos investigation?  Might be a route??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to barclays OD and PRA - Removing non-enforceable default from DCA

For sure, It's just that waiting on that is taking a long time and i've had one bank end their relationship with me over it after I applied for a planned overdraft, Thanks for your advice anyway!

• AndyOrch changed the title to Barclays Overdraft and PRA - Removing non-enforceable default from DCA