Compliance interview - tax credit

MessedUp11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 04/10/2020 at 21:03, Anxiety123 said:

Hi stresshead. Please do not stress, I got it sorted very quickly and easily, felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. The lady on the phone was absolutely lovely, im still waiting for the amount I owe but she stressed that I only pay what I can afford:) 

Please  help me I’m in a similar situations and I am absolutely passed myself. I have an interview phone call on Monday. 

4 minutes ago, MessedUp11 said:

Please  help me I’m in a similar situations and I am absolutely passed myself. I have an interview phone call on Monday. 

Honestly please don’t stress! It was months ago my call was and it’s all sorted. I pay £200 a month back and nothing came about it! 

HMRC will just be asking to clarify information.  They make thousands of these calls every day of the week to people all around the country.  

You just need to attend the phone appointment and answer the questions they ask.  They may ask for information and if you do not have it available at the time of the call,  they will normally request this to be provided by post or at a further phone appointment.   If you are not sure about dates of any changes in circumstances, do not guess the date. Advise that you are not sure about exact date and would need to check.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please expand....

when from?

what periods/years?

ist his the 1st you've ever heard from them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They didn’t ask for any information or proof from me.

I just said I’m going to be honest from the start and that I moved in with my partner in 2016. Then for the next few months I got letters with how much I owed etc. Each time I rang and rearranged to pay.

The people conducting these reviews are human and do undertand if information is correct, especially in the current climate, and will work with you to rectify the situation - if any rectification is required.

Be pleasant and honest as it helps them to help you.

I have been living with my partner since 2013. But after the birth of our son in 2014 things became unstuck. We were living together but I was making plans to move out, even viewed properties etc and therefore began claiming CTC and WTC to ensure that I could afford to go it alone. Eventually we worked it out but it has been on and off for years.

In addition to this, I was in a lot of debt, had lost my job and knew that (selfishly) I needed the tax credits to keep my head above water. My partner has no idea that I was claiming and if he finds this out he will leave me for sure.

The house, the bills, everything is in his name. I work but I dont make enough money to contribute to the house as well as pay all my existing debts (my partner doesn’t know about half of these either). I  once had a bailiff call at the house and I had to tell him about it. He was so angry and mortified (as was I) and I just feel like I am bringing so much shame onto our family. I have been living this lie for 6 years and I couldn’t find a way out of it.

I know I have made a huge mistake. I just want to pay it back and try to move on from it. I’m worried that I will have to go to court, prison, or they will want to speak to my partner about it. I really don’t want him to know about this because it’s so shameful.

From my estimations it could be between 28-30K. I have absolutely no idea how I will pay it back, as we wouldn’t be able to claim any further credits as a joint claim because he earns too much money. 

I haven’t eaten or slept in days. I feel physically sick and I just can’t cope with the guilt and humiliation. I did make false claims and now I’m worried I will pay the ultimate price and lose everything I have.

well you won't end up in prison etc etc, so put that right out of your mind, and as for being pressured into paying 'all your debts', that's another totally separate issue that we can deal with easily, start a new topic in the debt self help forum here and we'll deal with them properly. who said you even owe these i will guess consumer credit debts...not powerless DCA's i hope.

just be honest with HMRC but none the less, put them to strict proof they have the data to back up the claims, pop onto their website type in SAR and get one running.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How long would a SAR take? I don’t have much time with the interview being on Monday. I also don’t want to tell anymore lies as I am scared that they will then investigate further. 

If they do allow me to make repayments, will this go to a debt recovery company and have an even worse affect on my credit score?

not sure where you are getting the idea a DCA can mark anything on a credit file and have any legal powers whatsoever on any debt no matter what it's type..they are NOT bailiffs.

the sar is not needed quickly, it's merely there as a fact checker to make sure all the debt HMRC claim you owe they can prove.

it's obvious you'll have to start some kind of repayment but lets check the ultimate figure is correct.

you most certainly do not lie at all , but there is no harm in not referring to anything they don't specifically ask you about.

and they

• 5 weeks later...

create your own topic A4

don't go sweating over what might happen to you if you've the same

hit create in the top red banner and tell us the story with dates etc.

dx

and they

They informed me that I would receive a letter when they’ve calculated what I owe. I received one letter but it said it wasn’t a finalised amount yet. So I’m just waiting for another letter to arrive so I can set up repayment 

• Like 1

You got that sar yet to check they have the data?

and they

It’s worth noting that Tax Credits have no effect on Credit file.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread