PARCEL BROKER TELEPHONE CHARGES ***Refund in full***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have had a terrible experience from Parcel Broker, parcel was returned several times in error, wrong parcels delivered, terrible customer service etc..

They have agreed to refund me the postage , however... I have just got my phone bill.. I spent hours on the phone to them at a cost of over £80 !!! I have asked them to reimburse me for this but they have refused.. what can I do?   can I take them to the small claims court, if so how?

thanks guys..

This is a very generalised account. Please will you lay out the story in a chronological narrative. Bullet pointed.

Hi

its really to do with the phone charges i incurred whilst calling them about my parcel. it was to an 0871 number , which I now realise costs a fortune!

i spent hours on the phone to them trying to chase my parcel, which took over 12 weeks to get to France. the parcel was returned to me twice in error, other parcels delivered to me by mistake..

the parcel issue is such a mess its hard to explain..

i guess my question is.

can i reclaim phone charges incurred whilst ringing their customer service? being it was their poor service in the first place ? 

you've been here since 2006 but still prefer to ring giving you no traceable papertrail....when stamps are cheap and they have a free webchat..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi thanks for replying it was from a mobile. I didn't contact them by post because i was trying to trace/sort out my parcel so needed immediate action. likewise web chats are useless , i needed to speak in person.

i didn't think about the cost of premium numbers..I was just trying to sort my parcel.

Who was the actual courier?

Also, it seems that you sent it off in 2020 and the problems have really developed over the last six or eight weeks or so and it may be that all of the problems are down to the Brexit chaos when couriers have been still trying to find their way around.

This may contribute to making it very difficult to make any kind of claim.

I certainly agree that it's very unfair to have to phone premium rate phone numbers to sort out their errors.

No, there is no ombudsman for this kind of thing. It's a huge industry with a lack of regulation which is why it broadly speaking does what it wants without a lot of regard for customers.

You haven't addressed the question which I put to you in my last post.

the company is parcelbroker.co.uk 

some of the problems were caused by brexit over Christmas but there were so many problems it became a comedy of errors! I really just want my phone charges repaid. i contacted EE and they have agreed to repay £30. I think its reasonable for Parcel Broker to pay the other £50.

it was never made clear when calling them that it was a premium rate number. They never rang me, I ALWAYS had to ring them..

Looking at their website...unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious ...I cant find this number ? 

How did you get it ?

https://parcelbroker.co.uk

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

It looks like they have stopped phone support, the last email i got from them was this...

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, we do not offer phone support any longer.

Please see more information here: https://help.parcelbroker.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360017890937-Why-we-don-t-offer-phone-support-

In line with Ofcom regulations, when our phone lines were active we made sure call charges were clearly displayed on our website (please see screenshot below) alongside other options to contact us,

we are not able to reimburse customers for calls made to us. You could have, at any point in time, raised a ticket to one of our support staff via our contact page who would've been more than happy to deal with this issue via email, and we encourage people to do so.

bjonhpndhkjiblda.png

yea ....me thinks they've had their collar felt behind the scenes regarding the scamming premium rate helpline phone number.

might be worth doing some digging.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hmmm i just did a search online

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/more/084-and-087-number-ban.php

anyone know if companies are not allowed to use 087 premium rate numbers for customer services/complaints lines? it looks like they're not supposed to.

also do you think this thread should be in telephone charges or something? 

Already covered whether they should in my post #5 link...and no its not a telephone issue...its a service company exploiting its customers with a premium rate phone support contact number.

Thanks for your help. 

So to be clear, they have broken the law by operating a 0871 number for customer services and complaints phone line? As described in post #5 and here.. 

http://www.fairtelecoms.org.uk/consumer-contracts-regulations.html

There is no ombudsman, they aren't budging on their response not to reimburse me.. 

So what now? Trading standards, small  claims court? 

Well not a law just guidelines...

But...

Complaints
Complaints about firms breaching the regulations should be made to the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline on 0345 404 0506** for onward escalation to Trading Standards.
**Calls to 03 numbers count towards inclusive allowances on landlines and on mobiles, or are otherwise charged at "geographic rate" - the same as calling an 01 or 02 number.

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to PARCEL BROKER TELEPHONE CHARGES ***Refund in full***