65.00 call out Sky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Sky + box broke over the weekend and as ive been with them over 1 year they tried to charge 65.00 for the engineer to call.

I told them I would rather cancel the contract than pay 65.00 on a matter of principle.

I went all the way thru the cancellation proceedure until a nice man called Lawrence at the call centre proclaimed. " you win we will do it for nothing"

65.00 saved

make sure you use the freephone number to call them 0800 051 2595. not very well advertised strangly enough.

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

• 4 weeks later...

I would never pay for Sky to come look at my box... the way I see it is if the equipment is faulty then they don't have a customer therefore thats why they do it for FREE... for that reason I would never insure or cover a satellite tv, cable box, cable modem etc - in the contract period you are covered by manufacturers warranty anyway and afterwards your in a even better position as an out of contract customer!

Well worth bearing in mind.:)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 8 months later...

If you have any trouble with SKY report them to your local council trading standards they were really really helpful to me and got me some compensation. They say they have lots of complaints about them

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

I used to work for sky as an engineer and since moved to a business partner, wont mention the name though.

anyway, when i was working for them and came across an elderly person / couple who had indeed paid the £65.00 call out and repair fee, I would often cancel the call down as fault rectified, £65 for a £5 LNB is too much. I would also advise all customers i came across that they should indeed follow the priciple of cancelling their contract rather than pay this fee. Sky dont have a cancellation department, its actually a rentention department. Its their job to keep you as customers, they would rather waiver the £65 fee in favour of possible £500 per year subs.

dont ever pay the £65, always follow it through to the cancel stage, 100% they will do it for free