Yewtree cars/James Harrison - court claim issued **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, we have also been done by Yewtree Cars/James Harrison!

We bought a Land Rover Discovery from him off a dealer site on 28th December 2020. He advertised it as 1 loving owner (true, I tracked him down on Facebook, really nice guy!)

throughout the advert

WOW full dealership service history,

WOW new cambelt,

WOW new MOT,

WOW full valet including decontamination clean

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

We paid £4500 for the car plus £280 for delivery from Solihull to Winchester.

He sent 3 texts reminding us to ‘look after the delivery guy cuz he’s a top man’!

Soon worked out that HE was the delivery guy!

They dropped the car off and scarpered. It was dark when it arrived, initial thoughts were it was disgusting inside. I have never seen such a filthy interior. He even left his sweet wrapper inside.

He drove the vehicle down to us (we thought that we were paying for a transporter). It was running on fumes, so we took it out to get fuel. Straight away noticed automatic gearbox slipping.

Not a good start.

Next day messaged dealer asking for the receipt, twice, he said that he was in Dubai (in his dreams!) for 2 weeks but would send it when he got back. Before he delivered the car, he said that if we weren’t happy he would personally come and collect it.

Sent him a message (I like to keep proof of conversations) to say that we certainly weren’t happy and wanted to return it. His reply was - SOLD AS SEEN, YOU GOT A CHEAP CAR!

Thinking we would have to cut our loses, we had a new gearbox put in, only to find that the crankshaft had also gone and then the bottom part of the engine had to be replaced. Also the suspension at the front was leaking oil (mentioned as an advisory on the previous mot, which he said had been done). He forged an entry in the service book saying that it had just had a cambelt change (false Land Rover stamp), confirmed by previous owner and Land Rover.

So, after 8 weeks of being at the garage and £7000 - YES £7000! later we certainly did get a cheap car from him.

Are we going to let this go? NO!

I have found out his real name and I am going to pursue him through the court until I get this money back.

He is the worst kind of confidence trickster, a liar and a thief.

We will have no hesitation in scouring Solihull for him, whatever it takes.

• Sad 2

@Saints60

We are very interested in the fact that you say that you have identified this person – and I'm not sure why you haven't shared that information with us all here as well.

As you are aware, one of the problems here is identifying the dealer and also where the dealer lives and what assets the dealer has because this would make it easier to get the police to take an interest and also to begin the necessary legal actions to obtain compensation.

I'm not too sure why you haven't volunteered all of this information because the rest of your story has been pretty detailed.

Thanks

Hi everybody else who has suffered from this terrible trader!

I will post all of the details that I have found out about him - sorry, I got carried away by my rant. I need to look them up in my book, so will do it this evening.

I have created a new thread - thanks for the advice.

He is also trading under James Marshal cars on eBay - same details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am investigating him still, but have this information so far:

Junaid Saja
Home address - 101 Vibart Road B26 2AB  or 

165 Kelynmead Road
B33 8LF - this last one was an address that he gave last night when I got a friend to pretend to want to view a car.

He’s certainly a slippery devil!

• Thanks 2

Does he now! I sent him messages last night via EBay, because as you know he won’t respond to texts or emails.

He denied selling me the vehicle, despite sending him proof.

I’ve just been in contact with BBC Watchdog, who are VERY interested in him. I suggest everyone else on here does the same - the more of us who contact them, the more evidence they can gather.

My aim is to see this vile person taken to the criminal court, and I won’t stop until it happens.

I have also passed his information on to HMRC who take money laundering and tax evasion very seriously.

I very much doubt that I will be able to recover the £7000 that I have lost, but I will make sure that he is stopped.

Also at this address - Mohammed Junaid Sajad and Aamir Sajad 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suspect the first name is the dealer in question. I suspect that the second name – is actually the owner of the property and may be a parent. We have to assume that the parent has nothing to do with it and is simply providing a home for the first named

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

No there is no update and no further movement since all the revelations earlier on this month and last month. Especially the visit by his buddies pretending to be police.

I imagine that he's got his head down and lying low because he's worried about court proceedings being issued against his dad's address and his dad finding out.

Of course it's not helped by the fact that as far as we can tell, none of the victims who have come here have actually bothered to take any action.

I'm afraid nothing will happen simply by sitting around and being a victim

The problem for me is that it will cost another £450 to take him to court. Will I ever get any of my money (£7000 on top of the cost of the vehicle!) back? Seeing what he is like, I’m in a difficult situation.

8 minutes ago, Saints60 said:

The problem for me is that it will cost another £450 to take him to court. Will I ever get any of my money (£7000 on top of the cost of the vehicle!) back? Seeing what he is like, I’m in a difficult situation.

Tomorrow I was going to start my court claim against him ... so much money involved in all this 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, senbell1 said:

I'm worried he may bankrupt him self .. to get out of this ..  🤔🤔🤔

That’s the problem - £800 to go bankrupt against the thousands people will claim from him. The fact that he’s a rogue dealer doesn’t bode too well as I would imagine his stock is distributed between family.

• Sad 1

I think starting an action that is going to cost £450 is a bit of a high risk given the very slim chances of enforcing the judgement.

Somebody needs to bring an action for a minimal some of just over £600 which will allow the action to go ahead and the shares to be put into the address at Birmingham.

I'm afraid that as much as we want to get this guy, I think that if you try to sue for the whole value of your vehicle – then £450 may well be money down the drain.

I do agree that the chances of people getting their money back here are very slim. However, the way things are going I think it's very possible that he would be arrested and will eventually spend some time in prison.

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2021 at 19:00, Saints60 said:

Well, we have also been done by Yewtree Cars/James Harrison!

We bought a Land Rover Discovery from him off a dealer site on 28th December 2020. He advertised it as 1 loving owner (true, I tracked him down on Facebook, really nice guy!)

throughout the advert

WOW full dealership service history,

WOW new cambelt,

WOW new MOT,

WOW full valet including decontamination clean

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

We paid £4500 for the car plus £280 for delivery from Solihull to Winchester.

He sent 3 texts reminding us to ‘look after the delivery guy cuz he’s a top man’!

Soon worked out that HE was the delivery guy!

They dropped the car off and scarpered. It was dark when it arrived, initial thoughts were it was disgusting inside. I have never seen such a filthy interior. He even left his sweet wrapper inside.

He drove the vehicle down to us (we thought that we were paying for a transporter). It was running on fumes, so we took it out to get fuel. Straight away noticed automatic gearbox slipping.

Not a good start.

Next day messaged dealer asking for the receipt, twice, he said that he was in Dubai (in his dreams!) for 2 weeks but would send it when he got back. Before he delivered the car, he said that if we weren’t happy he would personally come and collect it.

Sent him a message (I like to keep proof of conversations) to say that we certainly weren’t happy and wanted to return it. His reply was - SOLD AS SEEN, YOU GOT A CHEAP CAR!

Thinking we would have to cut our loses, we had a new gearbox put in, only to find that the crankshaft had also gone and then the bottom part of the engine had to be replaced. Also the suspension at the front was leaking oil (mentioned as an advisory on the previous mot, which he said had been done). He forged an entry in the service book saying that it had just had a cambelt change (false Land Rover stamp), confirmed by previous owner and Land Rover.

So, after 8 weeks of being at the garage and £7000 - YES £7000! later we certainly did get a cheap car from him.

Are we going to let this go? NO!

I have found out his real name and I am going to pursue him through the high court enforcement officer until I get this money back.

He is the worst kind of confidence trickster, a liar and a thief.

We will have no hesitation in scouring Solihull for him, whatever it takes.

I think that if you try to sue for the whole value of your vehicle – then £450 may well be money down the drain. I got carried away by my rant. I need to look them up in my book, so will do it this evening.

If anyone of these victims wants to sue this outfit then we will help you.

However, given that we don't really have a name for this fraudster or an address.  Given also that we have no idea of the existence of any assets for enforcement in the event that we could identify him and his address all mean that any attempt to bring a claim would be frustrated and only result more waste of money in terms of court fees.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just arranged for a Money Claim to be served on him for £7000. Yes, it’s cost me over £400 to issue it, but with the amount that I have lost, it’s small fry. I have done a lot of research into this rogue trader and hope to have my day in court.

• Like 1

Well done. We are all rooting for you and it's certainly a big investment.

Thank you very much indeed for letting us know.

Can you tell is what address you had it served on?

Maybe you could also post up the claim form in PDF format please

posts moved to your existing thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Yewtree cars/James Harrison - court claim issued
38 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Well done. We are all rooting for you and it's certainly a big investment.

Thank you very much indeed for letting us know.

Can you tell is what address you had it served on?

Vibart Road - he’s lived there for 4 years and (so far) has no CCJ’s!

• Thanks 2

Thanks. In that case we know who you're talking about and as far as I can gather that his father's address.

If there is no defence then you should get a judgement and then you should transfer up to the High Court enforcement officers for rapid and robust enforcement.

I wonder what his father will say when they turn up and start trying to take the furniture away.

• Thanks 1

Yup, that's the one.

How about seeing the claim form?

Of course the Harrison/Hudson/YewTree people are following the threads on this forum so they will know that the claim has been issued. He had better warn his dad. Also, we've got the other person – I can't remember her name who comes along and pretends to work for the Midlands police. What a load of shysters – the lot of them