3 Backdoor CCJ's found.

Fg678
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just read through the article on baliffs. It's the only place I've found which explains how that limit is reached. That was one of my questions. Thank you very much to the person who wrote that and had the foresight to explain it.

My other questions are does it matter if the person is unemployed? For example. If I am a builder but I'm currently unemployed due to ill health. Can the baliffs still take work tools if you are not working? If they can't is there a time limit when they're no longer considered work tools? Say for example you have been off work for one, two, three years due to ill health? 

might be best to explain the whole issue from day one please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you still registered with HMRC as a self employed Builder  ?  If you are still registered, then you could show that you need the tools when you are ready to work, to earn money to pay towards your living costs and pay tax.

If you were employed by a company as a builder previously, but had your own tools of trade, if you have not worked for awhile due to ill health, then I think it would be a good idea to document these as tools of trade, keeping them separate from any other tools you might use for DIY.  Hopefully they will be clearly identifyable as tools of trade.  By document, I mean type out a list of the tools and maybe label them in  some way.

Are you expecting to have Enforcement agents visit your address in the near future or have you been visited recently ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your replies.

I lost my job about 3 years ago and I've been on UC. Most of it as unfit for work. I've never been self employed. I have a number of power tools and hand tools valued at 2k if bought new.

I've held jobs in maintenance before and the tools were bought then. The idea being when I'm well enough to work to go back as a handyman or something similar again. More than likely self employed. I won't be able to afford the tools again without working. No tools, no work.

I had 3 credit cards. The debts were around 2-3 years old. Out of the blue a 3 months back they filed and were granted ccj's. One £900 and two others to the same company for £2000. I knew nothing about it. I happened to look at my credit report and saw them.

I've panicked and I'm obviously worried about baliffs coming around and seizing goods. I don't know how quickly these things move and the amount of debt it's worth them chasing. The tools are all I have of any value. But more importantly are a way back into work.

Not knowing about the ccj's has made me think it could happen again with the baliffs turning up out of the blue. Knowing a way to check court filings for this area would help greatly.

I live in one room of a shared house so they wouldn't be used for DIY.

Edited by Fg678
Wrong value entered

right slow down!!

there no immediate or AT ALL prospect of bailiffs thats a very very long way off IF at all.

i will guess you have moved in recent years and didn't update your debt owners with your correct and current address?

and suddenly you've checked your credit file to find 3 backdoor CCJ's to an old address?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 3 Backdoor CCJ's found.

retitled and moved to the correct forum.

please continue to post here

dx

and they

My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

Yes you are correct. They were filed at my old address. Which wasn't the one the cards were taken out at.

I have good reason to suspect that somebody has contacted the debt companies and told them I have money I don't. That's added to my worry.

Can I ask how long it would take for the baliffs to come if they were and why you think it's unlikely?

forget bailiffs they can do nothing on a consumer credit debt covered by the consumer credit act. most certainly no right of forced entry nor clamping or seizing vehicles etc etc . 

and it most certainly doesn't matter, even if someone did , which they didn't, contact them and said he's got money.

you've picked up some rather wild ideas on debts and CCJ's etc from some where which are totally incorrect and way off the rails of what really happens..

your next action is to goto your credit file and write down the 3 CCJ number.

then

on monday go ring northants bulk RECORD YOUR CALL.

quote the three CCJ numbers and ask them for a copy of EACH judgement to be sent by email PDF.

also ask them to either send copies of the 3 CLAIMFORMS TOO.

or if they cant do that 

get them to readout for each one:

the address it was served too

and the EXACT details of the Particulars of claim box 

once you have those details comeback to this thread.

by the way who is the fleecing DCA that pulled these 3 stunts...lowell, cabot, Link, Intrum. hoist..?? who.

and they

The two companies are lowell and cabot.

I'll get the information and come back with it.

I did do quite a bit of 'Google' research before coming on here. There's a lot of confusing information out there they seem to tell you half the story.

Just so I'm clear. Bailiffs in my situation, if authorised by a court. Can enter the property through an unlocked door and seizure goods? Or can they not do that with a consumer credit ccj? Or point me in the right direction so I can read up on it.

Thank you for your help. It's good to finally speak to somebody who tells you how it is.

Edited by Fg678
Typo

a court bailiff will not do that and fleecing DCA's cant use HCEO as its a regulated consumer credit agreement under £5k.

you'll not find one CCJ thread here where this has ever been any diff.

forget google! bit like the USA election was rigged and trump won twaddle.

stick with cag eh?

so use our search top right in the red banner

backdoor CCJ

whilst you await getting the info.

and they

Or try email request.

[email protected]

Request for copy of Judgment

Copy Judgment

[email protected]

General correspondence

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I just wanted to check.

I got through to somebody and they said there is a £10 charge per ccj. For that I get a copy of the claim and judgement. 

Is that correct?

Afraid so....sometimes they will provide free...but they are allowed to charge for copy paperwork.

Other civil court fees

Copy documents – fees order 4.1-4.2 If you ask the court to make copies of documents, receive or send a fax on your behalf, or provide a copy of a document already provided:

• For between one and ten pages of any document. £10

• For each subsequent page. 50p per page

• For copies of documents provided on computer disk or other electronic form. £10

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you for letting me know.

Is there any defence to the ccj's? I did have the cards. It's within the 6 years. 

Being totally honest £30 is a lot of money to me. I don't want to spend it if there's nothing I can do. 

Service to last known address is deemed good service by the courts.......hence its important to always update your address with current and past creditors....you not receiving the claims is therefore not really a reason to set a side.

If your happy to accept the judgments then its vital you get a payment plan in place by utilising the N245 form...(this stops any threats of any Bailiff visits)  assume the judgments are all forthwith defaults judgment and no payment plan was set by the court ?

throw the 'i did have the cards and spent the money so...' morality trip out the window...

when did you take the cards out?

when did you last pay them anything or use the cards?

p'haps it's better to look at a wider picture here...

are there other old debts on your credit file you have also ran away from?

could others pull the same stunt and get easy default judgements to an old address?

during the period when these 3 cards were granted was your credit file shot with lots of defaults and bad markers and negative information?

and they

There's one other card for just over £400 in my credit file. Three of the cards were taken out end of 2017 or beginning of 2018. The largest amount. That card was probably taken out early 2017 or sometime in 2016.

I've battled with a life long drink problem. Mixed with periods of heavy in the most part recreational drug use. I've been told I have mental health problems but nothing officially diagnosed.

I was made officially bankrupt 15-20 years ago. Not long after the year was up I started borrowing again because it was offered to me. I again reached the point where it all got out of control. I didn't have the money to declare myself bankrupt again so I just ignored it. A while after the 6 years were up I was offered another card and that was that.

I start out with good intentions of building my credit file back up. But then my 'issues' kick in and it all goes wrong. Addictions aside. I have a problem with spending money. I always have.

Basically no financial company should lend me money. That is blatantly obvious from my credit history and spending patterns on previous and the aforementioned cards.

I might have some more smaller debts not on my credit file. But to be totally honest I wouldn't know. I was too out of it to know or care.

Rather surprisingly given my credit history as  far as I'm aware this is the first time I've ever had a ccj against me. As I mentioned earlier not knowing much about bailiffs was my fear. Life is a lot easier for me if I can't borrow or have access to borrowing money.