• Tweets

• if course they are rest k's , sole debts, joint ownership. you don't have to negotiate nor tell them in most cases    interesting these fleecers have tried for an order of sale on a restriction K! ..really! what fleecers.   i question the wisdom of selling up if you like where you are just because of these debts...unless you have other debts.
    • I know what you mean by once you make one payment they think they have you!! I totally agree with you and in all honesty I have ignored the majority of them and they all went away this is the furthest a private parking ticket has gone so this is why I need the help now.    following questions....   1 The date of infringement? 05/04/2019 and 22/04/2019 (date of charge)   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] No and No   If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]   Has there been a response? N/a   Please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]   If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.   Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] I think so but not 100% sure    What date is on it? Not sure    Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Not sure   [scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] Not sure   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] N/a   5 Who is the parking company? Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd   6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Romford, Essex (Residential Road)   thank you for your help   
    • Have you made it clear to the PCM company that you find their repeated contact demanding payment for an unsubstantiated speculative invoice harassing, have you sent them notice to cease and desist contacting you in this way?   You're in a bit a of a bind with this one as generally speaking the advice from this site is not to contact them and ignore all communication.   By contacting them to order them to cease and desist their method of communication as you consider it harassment you will be confirming they have the right details.   What lookinforinfo writes above is interesting, but I wonder at this stage if the learned would consider this is a relationship between a creditor and a debtor?   Wouldn't the speculative invoice and thus the debt have to be substantiated perhaps by court judgement before the PCM can claim to be a creditor in this case and thus have their communcation methods considered as reasonable steps.
    • I am assuming that you own a flat or house, leasehold, on this estate and your lease entitles you to park as long as you park in accordance with the rules decided by the management company, and the management company are authorised to act for the lessor. That might need to checked out at some point but it's what the management company seems to be saying in their 2019 letter when they refer to ".. per the covenants of the Estate...". Is that correct?   The management company (on behalf of the lessor) commonly has the power in the lease covenants to impose parking rules (again, needs checking) in which case I would argue that their letter 4 November 2019 is a formal notification to residents of a change of the parking rules. If UKPCM's signage is different to what the Estate parking rules are that's UKPCM's problem. They have no authority to enforce anything other than the management company's rules as notified to residents.    You can ignore the waffle in the letter about 'tickets will be issued at the parking warden's discretion'. That discretion is very limited and does not entitle the warden to invent new offences that are contrary to the management company's rules.   So in your opinon (you know the estate road layout, we don't) were you parked in compliance with the November 2019 letter, eg not blocking access?   I would write to managing agent asking them to intervene as UKPCM have issued you with a PCN in breach of the November 2019 letter. The management company can say 'nothing to do with us' as much as they like but ultimately they can't wash their hands of it. UKPCM are acting on behalf of the management comapny and the management comapny are accoutable for what UKPCM do. And the rules are decided by the management comapny not UKPCM.   As a matter of interest do you have a marked parking bay that's reserved for you? Were you parked in it?
    • Ok a bit more background on this. In all 5 charging order cases: The creditors obtained a CCJ in sole name They then obtained an interim charging order They then obtained a final charging order The charging orders are registered with the Land Registry The debts were either sold on or are managed by DCA's In 2 cases they applied for an order for sale which we defended, hence 2 are being repaid monthly  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Mediator point - Hermes lost my parcel and it is offering just a partial refund of the total amount requested. What's next?. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/434633-mediator-point-hermes-lost-my-parcel-and-it-is-offering-just-a-partial-refund-of-the-total-amount-requested-whats-next/&do=findComment&comment=5109422
      • 13 replies
    • Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Cabot/mortimer Claimform - old newday Marbles Credit Card debt

Thanks DX 

I actually knew that from reading other threads on here i just didn't realise that amount of time had passed already (weeks seem to pass so fast since covid).

Do they ever apply to lift the stay if they find any documents?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

please complete this:   You have received a Court Claim ISSUED IN ENGLAND & WALES What you need to do - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

no go back and read my guide earlier CAREFULLY...

the CCA dept won't have a clue a claim has been issued   defence is due monday by 4pm.   pop up your ideas from your research here.    

they require all and they must be enforceable and not fakes...not the only issue they would need to overcome i would suspect either.

cabot are fleecers united ..

when did she take this card out?

whats the defaulted date on her credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

6yrs from the defaulted date regardless to any payments.

if a judgement were obtained CCJ shows for 6yrs against regardless to being paid or not (unless within 28days of judgement) in the public judgement section.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

answer the q's....

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep this thread updated.

I received this letter from Mortimer Clarke today:

We refer to the above matter. 

Due to an administrative error a letter was  sent to you through an automated service dated 06/04/2021, we would like to apologise for this letter being sent out to you. 

We can confirm the account is currently on hold awaiting our client's instructions on your Defence. 

We trust this is of assistance. 

Thanks 
Yours faithfully

Mortimer Clarke

On 18/04/2021 at 01:06, dx100uk said:

when did she take this card out?

whats the defaulted date on her credit file?

5 minutes ago, DontLetThemDoIt said:

Due to an administrative error a letter was  sent to you through an automated service dated 06/04/2021, we would like to apologise for this letter being sent out to you. 

what letter?

dx

and they

whats the status of the claim on MCOL?

i suspect it doesn't say N180 DQ issued.

so the claim is stayed.

and they

I don't know what letter they are referring to as i upload all the letters here.

Unless they mean the one that said it may take some time to reply to my defence.

I just logged in to the MCOL site but i cant see anything about the status as it just shows the documents that have been added.

should be a section that details the claim actions to date 

like claim issued date

defence received date. 

etc 

what is the last entry.

and they

Posted (edited)

on the claim history the last thing that's on the list is "Your defence was received".

Maybe they are hoping that i contact them by sending me a random letter

Edited by DontLetThemDoIt

then the claim is autostayed

go enjoy your life 

they will now have to pay £255 to lift the stay and send you and the court an N244

and they

pigs might fly too.

dx

and they