Barclay’s student account overdraft.

Cagney18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I had a student account with Barclays with an overdraft of £200 it was opened in 2011 and stupidly I neglected the account because of lots of reasons including moving address a lot around that time.

It is now showing as a default on my credit file with first default being last year.

It’s really affecting my score and has now been passed to Moorcroft.

Surely it can’t take 9 years to put a default on the account?

If any one could help with this it would be appreciated.

The default rules are disgraceful. And they are commonly used to get around the limitation period rules which are basically that they have six years from your first breach of your contract – failure to repay – to bring a legal action.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Even settling the alleged debt will do nothing to improve your credit score.

How much do they say you owe them now?

Topic moved to Barclays Bank Forum.

You state it was opened in 2011...and registered as defaulted in 2020....what was the actual date of the last activity...deposit or spending ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

who are moorcrofts stated client please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your replies. 

I think the last time it was used was in 2011 when it was opened. It’s still saying I owe £200 but Moorcroft have said they will settle for £60. Moorcroft have Barclays as the client. 

Well the debt is now statute barred...so there wont be any payment to anyone...but with regards to the default being registered some  10 years later you would have to take that up with Barclays or the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) as to why inaccurate data is being registered.

https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/

Ignore Moorcroft...they are simply chasers...the debt is still with Barclay's.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread