Auxillis Car Hire Costs Court Claim-

arj4y92
style="text-align: center;"> Β 

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the lastΒ 1156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Β 

Please click the "Report " link

Β 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

Β 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and moreΒ helpΒ 

Β 

Thanks

Well, as I said before

- my solicitor assured me that as long as you co-operate, no liability will be incurred by you.

But I can't tell you how much notice you'll get - I don't know myself.

Β 

I am assured regularly that few cases actually get to court.

In fact I know of no one whose case did.

Β 

In view of the present situation, it may be that even if it does, it would be a hearing conducted on video.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, whatever.

Β 

I still wish I'd never heard the bloody name though.

I've ditched the Co-op

- and saved myself about five hundred quid a year in the process.

Β 

I also checked with my new insurer that if I ever need to make a claim, I won't be forced, or pressured, into using a claims management company. I want nothing more to do with any of them, after this.

Β 

Coincidentally, a friend of mine is also involved in a claim being pursued by Auxillis.

His is for well over six thousand pounds and in his case, it appears liability for the accident - previously apparently admitted - is now being denied by the other party.

That could get tricky - but I'm keeping out of it.

Thanks for the responses. Well in your situation the period where they ask your availability in the next six months as now well and truly passed, so surely they'd need to check again with you availability?

Β 

Ive co-operated promptly through every step, but it still annoyingly frustrates me knowing it isnt resolved yet.

Β 

I too havent found anybody on a forum where it has actually gone to court hearing so thats quite promising and ive also been told likewise that its rare these do go to court. My case is for around 1k if i remember correctly. Third party has admitted liability and the repair costs have been paid but its the hire charge thats still being dragged out sadly :(. My incident was a year ago.

Β 

Its such a faff!!Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jack, thanks for updating us all.

Β 

Im shocked you only received your hearing date 2 working days in advance. However im glad that this hassle is now over for you. Its surprising that it wasnt Principia that updated you of the settlement, or have they also confirmed the settlement too?

Β 

I also dont seem to receive any confirmation responses that theyve received things ive sent, i think they only bother looking at the case again (and any new emails) whenever the other side have responded/court updates. Thats the impression i get.Β 

Β 

Theyve asked for a copy of my driving license 4 times throughout this year and each time i forward the email that contained copies from the first time i sent it over. Even after a phonecall about this and after them confirming to me theyve put it on the file they still have asked me for it over email again and again - must be whenever a new person is picking up the case as it goes through the different stages perhaps...

Β 

Anyways thanks again! I wonder why they always seem to leave it until the very last moment to settle, hmm!!Β 

Β 

@unclebulgaria67Β from your experiences/knowledge do you know of any/many of these actually getting to the court date at all or do all/most settle at the last moment like it seems?Β 

Β 

• 4 months later...

Thought id update where my situation is up to. In October 2020 i received notice of the court hearing date, which is this Wednesday 24th Feb so this gave me plenty of notice. Sadly other side keeps rejecting offers...

Β 

So far everything is set to go ahead (and in person which im not best pleased at given the current lockdown). I believe video/telephone hearings are happening where possible and should be available option for cases like mine but nope not heard anything telling me its been changed to video/telephone.

Β 

I'll update here when this dragged out frustration is finally over.

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, arj4y92 said:

Thought id update where my situation is up to. In October 2020 i received notice of the court hearing date, which is this Wednesday 24th Feb so this gave me plenty of notice. Sadly other side keeps rejecting offers...

Β 

So far everything is set to go ahead (and in person which im not best pleased at given the current lockdown). I believe video/telephone hearings are happening where possible and should be available option for cases like mine but nope not heard anything telling me its been changed to video/telephone.

Β 

I'll update here when this dragged out frustration is finally over.

Β 

Β 

haven't you started your own thread on this to tell us your story?

Β 

make a new thread and i'll copy your existingΒ posts here over for you

Β 

dx

Β 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marksΒ and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVERΒ  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β 

9 hours ago, arj4y92 said:

No i havent. Just updating on here as i have previously commented on this thread.

Β 

It's very important that you tell your own story in your own thread.

Please start your own thread because otherwise it confuses people as to who they are helping.

Also – very importantly – the more threads there are on the same topic, the more likely that it is going to catch the attention of Google and rank higher in Google searches.

That will help to bring more people in to tell their own stories or more people to come in and give you the help you need

might be best to update your existing thread since september when yoyu last posted..

Auxillis....again !!!! - Motor Insurance - Consumer Action Group

Β 

so we can help you?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β 

own thread createdΒ 

please post here now ARJ

Β 

• Thanks 1

and they

Mini Update - Had a call with the Barrister this evening, its still going ahead tomorrow and will be in person (crazy!)...

Β 

While its annoying im being dragged out of the house in the middle of the pandemic, I will be very very happy once this isnt lingering over me anymore.

Β 

I'll pop an update tomorrow in this thread with how the hearing goes...

Β 

Cheers

Hi all,

Β 

So my case did indeed go to hearing in person and the hearing lasted an hour including a decision.

Β 

A large majority of the costs were recovered and this is now all over for me at long last. The remaining costs im told will just be written off.

Β 

I was asked a few questions directly which id already mentioned in my statement of truth but other than that my involvement in the hearing was minimal and the hearing was not as formal as id anticipated.

Β 

I can finally stop worrying about dealing with this, its stressed me out so much but i think thats due to how long this has been dragged out for.

Β 

So in total, 17 months from incident to case closure.

Β 

Cheers

Β 

Well done...but we still do not know what its all about...you failed to tell us why your in court ...what costs...what claim.

Β 

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Β 

Have we helped you ...?Β  Β  Β  Β  Β PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to the Consumer Action GroupΒ -Β The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your TopicΒ please PM me a link to your thread

Had a non fault accident, insurance company told me about auxillis so went with that option to avoid claiming on insurance...

Β 

Repair cost was paid for no problems by other insurer, and otherside admitted fault.

Β 

Hire costs of just over 1k has been disputed for a lengthy amount of time, as i say nearly 18 months from incident to case closure...

Β 

Auxillis passed the case to their solicitors, who ive dealth with every step of the way who have tried to settle but no luck..

Β 

Had to supply copies of documents, including bank statements, do a statement of truth yet all of this still led toΒ court hearing, to which i had to attend to avoid being liable for the hire charges (as per credit hire agreement with Auxillis)

Β 

Overall the main thing i want people to know is that these cases do in fact go to court, and even occuring in person during the ongoing pandemic.

Β 

Ive nothing more to add as i never want to hear, think or read about the hire company ever again. It has brought me a lot of stress.

Β 

Thanks